Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: External BEC Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
ion
Quarry Creeper

Default External BEC Question

Okay so I am running the Castle Mamba Max Pro, the Tekin Pro Roc 412 3100kv, and a spektrum dx3e radio and a sr300wp receiver.

No since the MMP Has a built in adjustable BEC will I need my external one?
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: External BEC Question

The MMP BEC is know for being weak. I use an external on my MMP. If you have one, mite as well use it.

Last edited by fj40jay; 09-11-2013 at 06:16 PM.
fj40jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
RCC Addict

If your servo is over 200oz then definately use the external bec. I'd use it even if its not!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
ion
Quarry Creeper

yeah the servo is the 444 oz/in savox one.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Angry Re: External BEC Question

Sometimes i think fools keep their eyes closed while typing this question. The answer is YES! It's ALWAYS YES! A thousand times YES! Never no! Always yes! Cheesh, dam a.d.d. kids.....
jado6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
ion
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jado6006 View Post
Sometimes i think fools keep their eyes closed while typing this question. The answer is YES! It's ALWAYS YES! A thousand times YES! Never no! Always yes! Cheesh, dam a.d.d. kids.....

Why don't you calm down for a minute, go pull your panties out of a knot in your mangina and learn when not to respond to something that's going to make you upset.

Thank you all for your help. Including you douche bag.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
yeah the servo is the 444 oz/in savox one.
I always use my external one even if my esc has a built in one, as inexpensive as a new castle BEC is, why not? And you have one u said? So even better!

But as stated above, generally anything with a good amount of torque ( 2-300 oz and above) need one and perform alot better.
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
ion
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1r3land View Post
I always use my external one even if my esc has a built in one, as inexpensive as a new castle BEC is, why not? And you have one u said? So even better!

But as stated above, generally anything with a good amount of torque ( 2-300 oz and above) need one and perform alot better.

Right on. Thanks man. Waiting on the Local shop to get the rest of my crap in from back order to get this all finished.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #9

I have to say YES! It's ALWAYS YES
63ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

BEC not only helps the servo but all your other accessories as well and having one allows you to add those other accessories in the future if needed. so as Ireland already put the answer is yes you definitely need one especially with that servo. if you look at the servo rating it will even tell you what voltage to set the bEC at to get the torque you desire. So while mostly related to the servo the bEC does much more things than just support the servo and for $20 you can't go wrong

Lik

Sent from my SHV-E310L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by OFFROADRCKOREA; 09-11-2013 at 05:18 PM.
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Okay so I am running the Castle Mamba Max Pro, the Tekin Pro Roc 412 3100kv, and a spektrum dx3e radio and a sr300wp receiver.

No since the MMP Has a built in adjustable BEC will I need my external one?
No you never need a BEC. Urban myth.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Why don't you calm down for a minute, go pull your panties out of a knot in your mangina and learn when not to respond to something that's going to make you upset.

Thank you all for your help. Including you douche bag.
Now that's not very nice. Though i understand that name calling is a side effect of the a.d.d. meds. I forgive you.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jado6006 View Post
Now that's not very nice. Though i understand that name calling is a side effect of the a.d.d. meds. I forgive you.
Jado,

Pebble pounder, shut up. This was a valid question being that many of the ESCs today have interanal BECs. I know many post out there exist referencing the need for BECs but not many of them explain them in detail and that confuses people dealing with them for the first time. Im ABSOLUTELY positive you understood all the interals when you began right? And speaking of A.D.D you might need a little yourself being that you cant seem to get your mind off being a complete dick, one on every post it seems, so congrats, your it.

LIK
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinkorea View Post
Jado,

Pebble pounder, shut up. This was a valid question being that many of the ESCs today have interanal BECs. I know many post out there exist referencing the need for BECs but not many of them explain them in detail and that confuses people dealing with them for the first time. Im ABSOLUTELY positive you understood all the interals when you began right? And speaking of A.D.D you might need a little yourself being that you cant seem to get your mind off being a complete dick, one on every post it seems, so congrats, your it.

LIK
Chillax dude. You'll blow a gasket. Or another one. Gotta mess around every now & then. Lord knows i've been dismantled for asking what i thought was an intelligent, current question. Only to be told to search up the 1000 or so answers to the same question. It all comes around, ehh? Now go get your shine box!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahaha(evil laugh)hahahaha
Old 09-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

O im chill bud.

Lik

Sent from my SHV-E310L using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I'm here to say, Yes.. its always Yes.. even with a brxl set to 6v, especially with a savox... they are amp hungry and want all of they can get.

I know from experience when one came on a trade. Savox 1230.. I couldn't get the brxl or a tekin RS to act right. Even after I added the bec, the rig was lacking on full throttle assaults on hill climbs.. I switched it out for a hitec and all issues went away.. (yes, ppl run them without issue and that's awesome!) I haven't had such luck.. good servo for the money, not worth it to not have a hitec. IMO...
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
interanal
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Jado,

LIK
First off its not a valid question since it has been asked at least once every day even tho its posted in the stickies

Second if there are "many" posts with the question and "not many", but leaving some, to actually to explain in detail then it sounds to me a lack of searching and re search. I've posted in great detail two times and less detail since leaving it to someone to search.

As for the rest of your post...... Meh don't do nothing for me..... But then again I've been rent free for quite some time.

As for the info I actually typed it out and decided to delete it, its really the lazyness I see. Internal bec has low amperage..... Designed to support voltage cut down to rx when using large voltage batteries.

External bec has many benefits...... Lower esc temps, lower motor temps, actual voltage control at higher amperage.

Last edited by JokersWild; 09-11-2013 at 08:22 PM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Wait, what's a bec?
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels_world View Post
Wait, what's a bec?
Big Electronic Cigarette
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote

External BEC Question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
external bec? hoghead5150 Axial Wraith 11 11-09-2012 10:40 AM
External BEC do i need keithgemmill Electronics 1 08-15-2010 01:44 PM
what is with all external bec and would it help me hpiontherocks Newbie General 4 04-05-2010 03:41 PM
using external BEC & esc's internal BEC.... slowlearner Newbie General 2 02-14-2010 01:35 AM
External bec sullysracin Electronics 3 01-28-2010 08:21 AM