Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: ISDT ESC70 - new brushed crawler ESC with BT-programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2022, 04:26 PM   #21
RKS

Default Re: ISDT ESC70 - new brushed crawler ESC with BT-programming

I recieved mine today and after soldering the connections on it,I hooked it up . When I power it on,all it dose is flash red! I checked every connection and still nothing! I'm not too impressed so far.
RKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2022, 05:03 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKS View Post
I recieved mine today and after soldering the connections on it,I hooked it up . When I power it on,all it dose is flash red! I checked every connection and still nothing! I'm not too impressed so far.
Sounds like you did something wrong, flashing red on most ESCs means it's not getting signal from the receiver. Could have simply got a bad one too but I'd make sure everything is working and wired correctly on another esc.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited by tigris99; 12-16-2022 at 06:01 PM.
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 05:48 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I must have missed this ESC70 thread, as I feel like I absolutely responded in one. It's been 10+ months since I suffered through the debacle that is the ISDT ESC70, and I still get a YT comment once every couple of weeks from people saying theirs "works perfectly." Well, good on ya. But everything in the chain is flawed-- software, firmware, hardware. Mine never worked quite right, and now sits in the box it came in, likely never to see rocks again.

The final straw was that the ESC would somehow spontaneously lose calibration, disable the motor, and say nothing of it. So I'd power the rig up, have steering, but no throttle. Would have to launch the app, hope it would connect, then delete the ESC from the app, reconnect, and start over as if it was the first time ever using it. I would do this sometimes more than once a day. Different radios, different motors, different servos, nothing mattered. If they've gotten the bugs ironed out by now, great. But they don't exist to me. The venerable 1080 just works. The actual best part about the 1080 might be that it doesn't have an app.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 09:27 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

I finally gave up on my esc70. Last week I took the Wraith out to crawl. I ran into an issue when I tried to dial up the drag brake for crawling. I had only used the wraith for trail rides and never needed the control of higher drag braking before. Basically i couldn't get the drag brake to hold the car still on even a moderate hill.

It might be an issue that the 10t 550 crawlmaster sport was too much motor for the drag brake, I'm not really sure. The guys on the isdt fb group with working escs seemed to have strong braking in theirs so maybe mine is not working as designed.

Anyhow, the drag brake works perfectly now. Problem solved.

Last edited by bgredjeep; 01-17-2023 at 09:30 AM.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 01:40 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
Anyhow, the drag brake works perfectly now. Problem solved.

I have 2 original 1800kv Fusions and a 2300kv Fusion in 3 of my rigs and 1080 escs in 7 of my brushed rigs. Never had a single complaint or failure with any of them. I was on the fence about trying this new ISTD thing shortly after it was released. Very happy that I gave it a hard pass.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote

ISDT ESC70 - new brushed crawler ESC with BT-programming - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Night crawler ESC programming question... J.DUKE Electronics 8 05-12-2015 08:32 AM
Rooster Crawler ESC Programming baja4 Electronics 7 12-25-2011 10:43 AM
programming castle sidewinder w/out link for brushed neuro242 Electronics 10 09-13-2009 01:12 PM
Mamba Max ESC programming question for brushed motors gregrocks90046 Electronics 10 01-23-2007 11:34 PM