Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: direct power servos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2023, 03:29 PM   #1

Default direct power servos

what are you using for direct power servos for a decent price?
crawlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2023, 05:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: direct power servos

NSDRC

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 06:54 PM   #3

the nsdrc seems to have the one of best gear ratio vs. power used for a very good performer. I currently use the 500 in a trx4 with no complaints.
Axle Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:28 PM   #4
Go Buckeyes!

I have a few NSDRC and 3Bros direct power servos. Both have been great and I have no complaints.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 10:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

HH shv500 v2 in three of my rigs... flawless but no longer available. Also running a 3Bros in another rig.. also a great dp servo.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 10:07 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I've killed a few Holmes, a pile of 3bros, they're fawking junk and Tom Asher (owner) is a liar. I have a bunch of nsdrc rs800v2 that have been flawless. I did have a hiccup on 1 of them but I can't blame the servo since it was sticking through the hood of that rig and landed directly onto the servo from a rock above my head.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 06:37 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I've killed a few Holmes, a pile of 3bros, they're fawking junk and Tom Asher (owner) is a liar. I have a bunch of nsdrc rs800v2 that have been flawless. I did have a hiccup on 1 of them but I can't blame the servo since it was sticking through the hood of that rig and landed directly onto the servo from a rock above my head.
Arent all three of those servos made by the same company
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 08:03 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
Don't know if they're made by the same OEM (someone else might know)...but, even if they are, just because products for different companies might be made by the same OEM doesn't mean they're made in the same factory, or to the same standards. OEMs tend to manufacture in multiple factories, and said products to different standard levels as determined by whomever they are manufacturing the product for. Use Foxconn as an example...they are a huge OEM, manufacturing numerous products for several companies, some of which are known to be super-high quality, and some of which are known to be of questionable quality. In other words, you can't necessarily know the "quality" just by knowing the "OEM".

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 06-21-2023, 08:33 AM   #9

Quote:
You can usually go to the retailers website and view the rebuild kits for these servo's to give you an idea of the differences.
Axle Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 08:37 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I have had good luck with NSDRC servos ... my favorite is the RB500 for its value and spec ... plus their costumer service was great i had a hiccup with one of them and they fixed right away.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 08:49 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Don't know if they're made by the same OEM (someone else might know)...but, even if they are, just because products for different companies might be made by the same OEM doesn't mean they're made in the same factory, or to the same standards. OEMs tend to manufacture in multiple factories, and said products to different standard levels as determined by whomever they are manufacturing the product for. Use Foxconn as an example...they are a huge OEM, manufacturing numerous products for several companies, some of which are known to be super-high quality, and some of which are known to be of questionable quality. In other words, you can't necessarily know the "quality" just by knowing the "OEM".

Yes thats true but the same can be sead for the brands them self they all sell more than one model of servo some cost more than others and some are better than others

Saying this brand is better than another brand dosent mean much if anything
Old 06-21-2023, 09:15 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes thats true but the same can be sead for the brands them self they all sell more than one model of servo some cost more than others and some are better than others

Saying this brand is better than another brand dosent mean much if anything
True...but, people can still report which brands they've had few, or no, problems with, and which brands they have had problems with. Like many others, I've had 0 problems with NSDRC (although, the same can be said about PowerHD, PowerHobby, ProTek, and a few others). At the same time, I've definitely had problems with Spektrum & Savox.

Old 06-21-2023, 11:19 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Definitely not... HH are made by MKS,/King , Nsdrc by AGFrc and 3brothers I have no clue
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 01:00 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
True...but, people can still report which brands they've had few, or no, problems with, and which brands they have had problems with. Like many others, I've had 0 problems with NSDRC (although, the same can be said about PowerHD, PowerHobby, ProTek, and a few others). At the same time, I've definitely had problems with Spektrum & Savox.

Ive read about issues with all of them more so in the early days they seem to make changes all the time

Personally i stay away from the high doller clones i just cant aford them and if i could i would just buy a hh servo just cause he helped me out at axial fest one year

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Definitely not... HH are made by MKS,/King , Nsdrc by AGFrc and 3brothers I have no clue
Ahh um kay
I dont know if thats allways been the case hh design was stolen from his oem and then they stared a new company called jx servos and that was in china i dont know any more than that but i assumed that oem was afg

Last edited by ferp420; 06-21-2023 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2023, 02:46 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
.......hh design was stolen from his oem and then they stared a new company called jx servos and that was in china i dont know any more than that but i assumed that oem was afg
First part is true....but JX servos exist way longer than that. Robert told the story in one of his posts many moons ago
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:08 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
First part is true....but JX servos exist way longer than that. Robert told the story in one of his posts many moons ago
i remeber when jx servos started along with nsdrc 3 bros and reefs
Jx as a brand started in something like 2019 but there parent company Shantou Extreme Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.Started making servos in 2006

They call jx a private lable brand
There web site is kinda hard to read but thats about what i remebered so im gona run with it

If i remebered john sead jx started with his servo that seems to jive with what there site seas and what my thc fueled memory seas

I could be wrong im not a nitro pro racer / basher or anything lol
Old 01-25-2024, 06:24 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Are these direct power servos noisy? I have a savox and I’m not really liking how much noise it makes. Was going to buy a homes shv650 but they don’t sell them any more. I seen the videos about them and I liked how quiet they we’re.
big specht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 06:44 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by big specht View Post
Are these direct power servos noisy? I have a savox and I’m not really liking how much noise it makes. Was going to buy a homes shv650 but they don’t sell them any more. I seen the videos about them and I liked how quiet they we’re.
If you read through the posts, above, you should find your answer...or, to save you the 'trouble' - NSDRC

Old 01-25-2024, 06:46 PM   #19
RCC Addict

My HH shv500v2 are all perfectly quiet. My3Bros BLS-G13 is totally quiet as well.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 07:03 AM   #20
RCC Addict

I have 3 Holmes SHV650s. One of them has a lot of use on it sitting behind the axle on an SCX10 Pro so it has been dragged and smacked on rocks a lot and still functions like new. It is quiet. Jumping up to 4s obviously makes a big difference in power and speed.

A few months ago, I swapped out that servo for an NSDRC RS700V2 so I could get a little more ground clearance. It died on my third course (~15 minutes of runtime). Got very hot and locked up. NSDRC replaced it quickly and the whole process was pretty painless. Just answer a few questions, send the bad one in, and got the replacement in a couple days. I ended up buying another because I'm a sucker for orange. I've got 3 courses on one and two on the other and so far I'm happy with them. They're fast, quiet, and strong on 4s. They seem to perform better than the SHV650.

From what I have seen from 3Bros, I wont buy them.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

direct power servos - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Direct power servo issue tigris99 Electronics 11 05-13-2023 08:10 PM
cheap direct power servos under $100 ferp420 Electronics 27 02-16-2023 06:25 PM
Holmes BR Mini with Direct-power servos - BEC still needed? boldfin Electronics 4 02-15-2022 05:34 AM
Direct power mini servo winch MOguy Electronics 17 08-26-2021 06:14 AM
PSA from Holmes Hobbies Regarding Direct Powered Servos Benp Electronics 6 10-15-2020 02:15 PM