Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Official Novak Crawler Products Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #501
Rock Stacker

Yes, I thought it weird also to not have a switch on it. My only reason to not power everything with the BEC was to completely separate the power source between the ESC/RX and the servos. This should eliminate the power loss to them that caused the glitching and cutout when the servos load up, and it also allows me to bump up the voltage to the servos if I want without frying the ESC or RX. ?????
ntemple46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #502
RCC Addict

Evening all, I have a Goat here that i picked up around June, but just got around to useing here in the last month. It has developed an issue with the sensor wires. Last week it started to blink red ( 6 times ) and wouldnt move. fiddled with the wires a bit and off i went. Then friday it was doing ok, then it quit moveing and starting blinking. per the troubleshooting guide on your site, there seems to be an issue with the sensor wiress. so i started by un plugging, the plugging back in the sensor plug on the esc, no luck. then while playing with it a bit, i moved the sensor wires around and it took off. but then stopped as soon as i let go of them. if they are held in the PERFECT position, it works fine, but if not, all i get is the 6 blinks of the red light when i pull the throttle.

Is this something i can fix here? or is this something that i need to send in for service repair? I would prefer to not have to pull the hole system and send it in, but if i have to i have to. if it does need to go in for service, can i just send the motor? the esc seems to be working fine with no issue at all, but if i can just send in the motor, then i can install another motor while this ones being repaired? if i have to send in the whole system (as thats is how it was purchased) then ill need to get and install a new esc/motor so i can run until i get the Goat System back.

any help/guidance would be appreciated.
Timmahh
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #503
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
Evening all, I have a Goat here that i picked up around June, but just got around to useing here in the last month. It has developed an issue with the sensor wires. Last week it started to blink red ( 6 times ) and wouldnt move. fiddled with the wires a bit and off i went. Then friday it was doing ok, then it quit moveing and starting blinking. per the troubleshooting guide on your site, there seems to be an issue with the sensor wiress. so i started by un plugging, the plugging back in the sensor plug on the esc, no luck. then while playing with it a bit, i moved the sensor wires around and it took off. but then stopped as soon as i let go of them. if they are held in the PERFECT position, it works fine, but if not, all i get is the 6 blinks of the red light when i pull the throttle.

Is this something i can fix here? or is this something that i need to send in for service repair? I would prefer to not have to pull the hole system and send it in, but if i have to i have to. if it does need to go in for service, can i just send the motor? the esc seems to be working fine with no issue at all, but if i can just send in the motor, then i can install another motor while this ones being repaired? if i have to send in the whole system (as thats is how it was purchased) then ill need to get and install a new esc/motor so i can run until i get the Goat System back.

any help/guidance would be appreciated.
Timmahh

Mine is doing the same thing. But then it smoked itself (made a black spot on the inside of the case) . everything still works but once you goo about 20 ft it shuts down and then shows all kinds of blinking lights for about 5 secs then it starts working again. I am going to send it in but I cant find the Receipt.
Robbs2001tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #504
Rock Crawler

Hi Guys, SOrry for the delay. Been racing some E8thscale and got distracted.

Temple- You're still running "everything" off of the same battery pack. So you don't really isolate anything. The BEC won't magically make more power for the RX/Servos if the battery pack voltage dips.

Two things that might be possible, the Pack can't support all the load, or the BEC is flucuating a bit and causing issues.

Timmah- Sounds like a bad sensor assembly inside the motor. Please send the system in and we'll have it checked out.

Rob- you can ask your hobby shop to print you a copy or write you a letter of confirmation. If the system is in decent shape it probably won't be much of an issue.

Thanks Guys
Charlie@teamnovak.com
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #505
RCC Addict

Thanx Charlie. Got your email today too, printed the form. will get it on its way in the next day or 3, we re expecting around a foot of snow tonight.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:07 PM   #506
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the reply Charlie. I bought it from a hobby town in Folsom Ca. called them on the phone to have them fax me a copy of the receipt and they where being butt heads about it. I do Have a credit card statement that has a reference number on it. So, I think I will try that with them first. Or I think I will just ship it out and see how muck it will cost to get it fixed. going to get in sent out in the next couple days. Also what is the turn around time?

Last edited by Robbs2001tj; 12-08-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:55 AM   #507
RCC Addict

Default Lipo and charger?

hi guys, i've searched and search for a simple answer and i came up short. I want to change my ax10 over to a lipo. It needs to be no more than 2.75" long, thickness and width can very but it needs to fit on the axle. I am running a 55t integy hand wound motor, a hitec hs-645mg for steering and a hitec hs-225mg for the dig unit. I will need a battery and a charger, so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
klabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #508

Max amps
Hyperion EOS0606i Balance Charger $109
Max Amps Lipo 1100mah 2S 7.4V Battery Pack less 2.5" $44
This is what I use easy to use no issues more time to crawl
radicalray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #509
RCC Addict

what kind of run time do you get?
Old 12-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #510
Quarry Creeper

Sent out my ESC w/ motor on 12/10/2008 got hobby town to get me a recipt.. hopefully it can be fixed and be under warrenty. thanks for your time
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 AM   #511

i may have missed it but can you buy the goat crawler system with the 21.5 turn? instead of the 18.5
RCKYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #512
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKYOTA View Post
i may have missed it but can you buy the goat crawler system with the 21.5 turn? instead of the 18.5
We do not offer the 21.5 Goat System currently, but have plans to offer it early '09. We have had requests from customers for the additional system.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #513
RCC Addict

Can you use a 8 cell sub-c pack with a Goat system?
clarkrw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:38 PM   #514
Rock Crawler

Angry

Hey WTF! I just got a Goat System from Santa, I noticed it was warm. Went out and picked up the single cooling fan a, "direct replacement" for the ESC so the literature says. It will not mount to the top of my ESC. Again WTF! How do I get it to mount to my ESC?
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Can you use a 8 cell sub-c pack with a Goat system?
No, 7 cell maximum.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #516
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynmech View Post
Hey WTF! I just got a Goat System from Santa, I noticed it was warm. Went out and picked up the single cooling fan a, "direct replacement" for the ESC so the literature says. It will not mount to the top of my ESC. Again WTF! How do I get it to mount to my ESC?
The Goat esc uses our 30x30x6mm fan P/N 5648. It should be a direct fit. If you purchased the correct size (P/N), but it does not fit correctly, email charlie@teamnovak.com Monday for assistance.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #517
Rock Crawler

I figured it out I was looking for mounting holes.I finally just put the fan on top of the heatsink and ran the bolts down. hope it stays on ok. Sorry about the tone :-( just been nice to get some sort of instructions w/it.
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #518
RCC Addict

Default one touch set-up question

I am trying to change the profile on my novak rooster crawler to the 3rd profile. I hold the button down until the led's blink and then I let off. then they blink twice. So i pushed one more time to set it at 3 and it blinks red and green, then just green. But if I check it, it is just at 2 again. Even at 2, reverse still works, so i am sure i am missing something, please help. I need it set at the 3rd profile. Thanks Kevin.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #519
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by klabeaume View Post
I am trying to change the profile on my novak rooster crawler to the 3rd profile. I hold the button down until the led's blink and then I let off. then they blink twice. So i pushed one more time to set it at 3 and it blinks red and green, then just green. But if I check it, it is just at 2 again. Even at 2, reverse still works, so i am sure i am missing something, please help. I need it set at the 3rd profile. Thanks Kevin.
I am having the exact same problem with mine. I can't get it to go to the third profile.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #520
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I am having the exact same problem with mine. I can't get it to go to the third profile.
After it blinks you have to save it by holding the button until all lights flash.

Sorry to butt in novak people but I thought I would help.
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/85567-official-novak-crawler-products-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
novak rooster crawler edition This thread Refback 10-04-2011 04:16 PM