Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: A new Element uncovered? IFS Conversion for Enduro and SCX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #41

Default Re: A new Element uncovered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
Underrated bonus = compatibility w/other brands!
Great point. Very underrated feature!

I also respect what Element is doing since they are coming out hard and fast. Decades later, why is it that a "new" company has to be the first to release a mass-produced IFS kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Badass!!! The Box can be cut into a diorama old school Arcade system for the scale garage!
Very cool.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Great point. Very underrated feature!

I also respect what Element is doing since they are coming out hard and fast. Decades later, why is it that a "new" company has to be the first to release a mass-produced IFS kit?

The reality is that this isn’t a performance upgrade so there’s a reason it’s not commonly available on the market. But you bet your behind that guys will be trying like mad to convince each other why it is or isn’t “more capable” and all that nonsense. I mean, guys debate whether tires should be vented in like 40 page threads LOL.

This kit is only really useful for people wanting a different driving experience and I sure hope that the performance aspect isn’t analyzed to death. They’ll sell a bunch of these, but it won’t be a ton. It’s a bit “faddy” in my opinion.

The scale version of a mall crawler which may appeal to some. Again, the reality is if you look at 1:1 crawlers they’re generally solid axle trucks, and for a reason.
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:51 PM   #43
Im Brandon

Default Re: A new Element uncovered? IFS Conversion for Enduro and SCX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I just wish it also worked with the VS4-10 chassis, but you can't win them all. It fits the SCX10 II and the SSD which is great. Awesome release!
The Element chassis rail shape is really close to the VS4-10. I bet it works. They require 3D printed parts to fit the SCX10 so I dont see why the VS would be any different.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
The Element chassis rail shape is really close to the VS4-10. I bet it works. They require 3D printed parts to fit the SCX10 so I dont see why the VS would be any different.
I was wondering the same thing. The kit also fits the SSD Trail King. While there are differences, the TK, Enduro, and VS4-10 are all based off the SCX10. It's also designed to work with various other SCX10 aftermarket parts. However, due to the VFD transmission, that's the only reason I can think of that it might not work with the VS4-10 Pro.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #45
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
The reality is that this isn’t a performance upgrade so there’s a reason it’s not commonly available on the market. But you bet your behind that guys will be trying like mad to convince each other why it is or isn’t “more capable” and all that nonsense. I mean, guys debate whether tires should be vented in like 40 page threads LOL.

This kit is only really useful for people wanting a different driving experience and I sure hope that the performance aspect isn’t analyzed to death. They’ll sell a bunch of these, but it won’t be a ton. It’s a bit “faddy” in my opinion.

The scale version of a mall crawler which may appeal to some. Again, the reality is if you look at 1:1 crawlers they’re generally solid axle trucks, and for a reason.
Yeah, yeah buzz killer

It’s a cool product, not sure it’s for me however. I do look forward to seeing how someone’s speedy Enduro soaks up the bumps.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:49 PM   #46

Default A new Element uncovered? IFS Conversion for Enduro and SCX10

Quote:

Definitely a crawling performance downgrade. Only an idiot will argue that fact. LOL But people have been asking for this for about a decade now. I think it's going to sell like gangbusters, but we shall see. I'd be shocked if the first batch doesn't sell out right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I was thinking about that after I made the post. I agree with you about it most likely fitting with some 3D printed parts. I'm going to order a kit when they're available.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-03-2020 at 03:52 PM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:40 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Basically, if people will buy an RC tire with an all terrain tread pattern, they will buy IFS suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:54 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Basically, if people will buy an RC tire with an all terrain tread pattern, they will buy IFS suspension.

People also bought the Ford Pinto, Gremlin, Dodge Aspen, Subaru 360, Maserati Biturbo, Yugo, VW Phaeton, Pontiac Aztek, and many others. No matter what someone creates to sell, be it "incredible", or "completely idiotic", there will ALWAYS be a large enough contingency to purchase it...at least, in the beginning.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:04 PM   #49
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:

Kinda cheeky, but unless this kit turns the c-channel crawler into a rock racer it pretty much nails it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
People also bought the Ford Pinto, Gremlin, Dodge Aspen, Subaru 360, Maserati Biturbo, Yugo, VW Phaeton, Pontiac Aztek, and many others. No matter what someone creates to sell, be it "incredible", or "completely idiotic", there will ALWAYS be a large enough contingency to purchase it...at least, in the beginning.
...at least in the beginning.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Ok I been on a bit of a sabatical but...

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

now the question is, how many do I need, and should I find an ssd trail king to turn into a scale retro RWD Baja truck?!

I was about to buy something else for go fast purposes, but this... This changes things.

I will be back in a while when I figure it out.
And results should be at proline by the fire!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:19 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Remember to check the Element RC parts and accessories pages, they're already showing the individual components of the suspension as items that can be ordered separately. Some are showing up with standard and hard plastic options.

I also think that they may have tipped their hand on their next wheel design - in the YouTube video of the weathered truck, it's running a black wheel with round holes. Might be "The Ocho" wheel that they have had on their site, but with no images, for some time.

Gotta admire Element taking the bull by the horns!

People are always wanting something different, why do you think leaf-sprung rigs still sell?

Enjoy the variety that's out there for what it is, let's not be so narrow-minded. I seriously doubt anyone is going to try to claim they are comp rigs...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I'm definitely getting one of these kits, and I'm going to see how it runs and what can be done with it.

If I can come up with and get a rig running pretty close to how I want it (with some lowering, smaller tires, etc.)..... I might just cancel my backorder for the Kyosho Outlaw pro.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Well, my store credit at Amain has been put to good use.

Now to decide on a body that will end up being a Toyota.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:54 PM   #54
RCC Addict

So can we start a Tacoma build now?

Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:09 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I'm definitely getting one of these kits, and I'm going to see how it runs and what can be done with it.

If I can come up with and get a rig running pretty close to how I want it (with some lowering, smaller tires, etc.)..... I might just cancel my backorder for the Kyosho Outlaw pro.
You and I think so much alike sometimes haha
Wait the kyosho is on backorder? I see it on RPP...
I might still get one and this kit. That way I can do immediate comparison and see what I like better.
I really liked the look of element's raptor in their vid though!

I am for sure putting a C note aside for this kit though!
Might even save for a rainy day if I should happen to get a trail king...
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:32 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Good to hear from you, Shinchu!

Got a little worried about ya...

I have some parts (OK, a lot of parts) for my Enduro - but it's gone through about 3 different builds in my head, while I've only driven it stock except for servo/wheels/tires.

Keep changing my mind... and this new IFS is not going to help matters much!

I also still have the Vanquish VS4-10 chassis kit, SSD Pro44 axles, and most of a spare Element transmission - so who knows how it will all fall out.

Really trying not to buy another rig, though - except down the road maybe something around 10" wheelbase with 1.55" wheels and truly-tiny-tires (less than 4")
Old 02-03-2020, 10:37 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
You and I think so much alike sometimes haha
Wait the kyosho is on backorder? I see it on RPP...
I might still get one and this kit. That way I can do immediate comparison and see what I like better.
I really liked the look of element's raptor in their vid though!

I am for sure putting a C note aside for this kit though!
Might even save for a rainy day if I should happen to get a trail king...
I see it backordered on RPP as well. I have it on Backorder at Tower. They had a $40 coupon over the holidays and well.... I figured why not.. pick it up for $187 or something like that.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:04 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
It's funny, I turned my Slash 4x4 into a 2.2 crawler with JB Welded locked diffs 5-6 years ago. It actually did surprisingly well with the front and rear independent suspension

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I planned to do the same with a similar car and put it under a 1:5 hummer body, but the project have been mothballed for a long time now.

I think much wider axles on a SC car, that Hummer body are pretty large too.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 06:43 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Really trying not to buy another rig, though - except down the road maybe something around 10" wheelbase with 1.55" wheels and truly-tiny-tires (less than 4")

With a sub 4" tire, I think you will have more up-travel than ground clearance - the skid will hit the ground before full compression. That looks to be the case in the SBG video, and I think the installed KM3s on the truck must be at least 4.19" diameter. You would have to run fairly soft springs to get full compression under many practical driving conditions, but none the less, you won't be working with a lot of clearance.

If you've run tires that small before though, I'm sure you already have a pretty good idea of what you would be getting into. Even a straight axle leaves very little clearance under the differential with sub 4" tires.

Last edited by rkj__; 02-04-2020 at 06:45 AM.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:13 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post

I also still have the Vanquish VS4-10 chassis kit, SSD Pro44 axles, and most of a spare Element transmission - so who knows how it will all fall out.

Quote:
With a sub 4" tire, I think you will have more up-travel than ground clearance - the skid will hit the ground before full compression. That looks to be the case in the SBG video, and I think the installed KM3s on the truck must be at least 4.19" diameter. You would have to run fairly soft springs to get full compression under many practical driving conditions, but none the less, you won't be working with a lot of clearance.

If you've run tires that small before though, I'm sure you already have a pretty good idea of what you would be getting into. Even a straight axle leaves very little clearance under the differential with sub 4" tires.
I was mentioning that I have 2 existing chassis that could be used with the IFS kit - either my currently running Enduro or the Vanquish chassis with an Enduro transmission and SSD axles (I suppose just the rear, possibly?)...

The Element IFS would not be the chassis of choice for the 10" wheelbase rig, and tires would be RC4WD Interco Narrow TSL 1.55" at 3.87" and Boom Racing 1.9 Mud Terrain Trophy BR-T29A at 3.6".

I'd be trying to replicate something like the Suzukis used run through the jungle competitions in Borneo.

Last edited by durok; 02-04-2020 at 08:16 AM.

A new Element uncovered? IFS Conversion for Enduro and SCX10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another element uncovered lilws6 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 56 03-29-2020 10:49 PM
Element enduro kit Supermotovinny Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 2 12-28-2019 01:48 PM
Looking for RS4/3 suspension for IFS/IRS SCX10 conversion.... ToTheMAXXcrawler General Crawlers 5 03-05-2013 07:12 PM