Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: WarTrader's 2011 V1 Berg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #101
Pebble Pounder

Holy Hell those Sedonas are RIDICULOUS !

All we need is test results, quickly!
ErÄjOrMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #102
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
that rig looks terrible! send it to me. lol jk looks great man. hope to see you and it in action soon.
Well bro if you'd a said that too me Wed of last week I prolly would have thought about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Did you have to turn down your steering to keep those 6"ers from grabbing your links and shocks?

It looks good!
I've not adjusted the EPA's at all yet. I've only run it for a few minutes. I really gotta give her a work out and see if I need to. I'm going to be reconfiguring the shocks in the next week or two. With a little clearance improvement I will only have to adjust the EPA at the seering lock! The narrow lower chassis is one of the big reasons I went with the Y-Town V4 chassis. At this point that alone seems to be really paying off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dawg View Post
It will NEVER work!!

I think you should send it to me and I will send you stock V1 axles and a brand new V4 chassis so you can start over.

just kidding...It is great inspiration for me to build mine. Now if I could just find my motivation......I know it's around here somewhere.
You better get that thing ready I'm deffinately bringing this thing loaded for bear the next time I get to Iowa. Shame I'll be the one driving though LMAO. Getting those front links right just about used up all my motivation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErÄjOrMa View Post
Holy Hell those Sedonas are RIDICULOUS !

All we need is test results, quickly!
I would be more than happy to oblige but it would appear the Chicago winter will rear it's ugly head tonight with a little snow!

Thanks to all of you for your kind words! I'm hoping to get this thing buttoned up a little better before the 22nd. The SCRC is having a little work/practice/1.9 comp day at the indoor course at the Orland Park HobbyTown and I'm hoping to give her a decent shake down run.

Last edited by WarTrader; 01-10-2011 at 09:58 AM.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

hello,

i watch your tread for a while, great

Let us know how that big sedona boobs do.

BTW, after narrowing my T1E to 40mm i've got a bit more "rubless" steering too.

Greetings Frank
Dr.Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

It is looking so evil and badass. The like the Donas, they are huge. Remind me of my old Jeep I had. All my friends said you cant run that big of a tire on the road, the cops are going to pull you over. They did. To look at it! Great build man.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

WOW the rubber is killer!! Those upper links had to suck too. Compound angles. YUCK! Looks good bud
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
WOW the rubber is killer!! Those upper links had to suck too. Compound angles. YUCK! Looks good bud
Thanks! You should see how many links I ended up ditching on this build!

That is just the ones that didn't end up frustrating me soo much I just pitched them LOL.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Default Latest Developments!

Snuck out of work early and headed to my little workshop! I made a new battery plate out of thinner material that can flex easily to float with the suspension more. I may trim it back a little but I'm gonna run it a little to see how well it does.

I'm so sick of beating the crap outta my drive train from weighting the front wheels. I finally decided after much deliberations to change things around some more!

Felsenfest! I was really blown away with the quality of these knuckles and weight. Very much worth every dime. I'm hoping now I can avoid the adding weight to the wheels.

I have to say though I was scared to death that this set up wouldn' work with my BAD wheels! Luckily They do I've even gotten enough room to run two extra weight disks! Gotta remember to keep my fingers outta the way I think I could take off a finger tip or two the clearance is soo tight it is almost like a pair of sicissors LOL.

I've gotten a few more things to do with this build, mostly shock related!
The only really big thing left is paint! I have a idea burning in my head now if only my painting skills are up to the task!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #108
RCC Addict

Thats a cool weight setup.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Cool rig and i like the wheels
stediju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #110
Rock Crawler

What's your front width with the zero Ackermann knuckle arms?

...i guess 11.3"...

Greetings Frank
Dr.Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #111
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowngreen View Post
Thats a cool weight setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stediju View Post
Cool rig and i like the wheels
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Frank View Post
What's your front width with the zero Ackermann knuckle arms?

...i guess 11.3"...

Greetings Frank
I'll have to measure it!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #112
Quarry Creeper

Love The rig!! What did the knuckles cost with weights? Could not find us dollar amount on the thread.
rocknut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknut36 View Post
Love The rig!! What did the knuckles cost with weights? Could not find us dollar amount on the thread.
Pm Eggressor, the price will vary depending on the exchange rate! Eggressor is in Germany and you will have to pay in EU..
Old 02-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

I finally got back to getting this thing finished up. I painted up some panels and I added some shock caps on the rear from crazyorigin. Here is where it sits now waiting for the snow to go away..

I've been tempted to take it out and hit some indoor but I feel like running this thing on the indoor courses available to me would be like rabbit hunting with a .50 cal.. (it's pretty kewl once but after that you pretty much know what overkill means)

Not meaning to slight the courses my club has and some of the local hobby shops it's just I've built this thing primairly for running on very technical natural rock (the guys that know me know where I'm talking bout and better let me know soon as that snow is gone)

The rear is sittling just a little high right now I'm going to probably lay the shocks down just a little. I put the caps on becuase when I was able to test it at my personal training spot it just didn't have the clearance at the rear of the skid I like.. Guess now is when the fun begins TUNING!!!! Stupid snow....

Last edited by WarTrader; 02-12-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

The snow finally GONE the Suns out and I'm baaack to crawling!!! I finally headed out to one of my secret personal little rock crawling heaven spots. I did a little tweaking nothing too serious I shortend the upper links a good bit to get the caster I wanted. I'm absolutely loving the shocks I seem to have lucked into a sweet spot. I'm going to be making some more crazy bent rear lower links now I have some time to play around and do a little trial and error. I need to use the T1E lower links that are on it on a different project. SHH TOP SECRET don't you know.

Well all in all this thing is pulling lines my V2 berg tuned and dialed in either struggled with or failed. As it sits right now it is easily pulling lines I only suspected were possible. This thing makes even my crappy driving look good LOL. In all honesty I do need to grab another set of wheels for this bad boy. YEAH I KNOW I KNOW you don't even have to say it LOL!! I've got a ton of wheels, tires, and foams but strangely nothing seems to like working with my knuckle weights but the ones I have on it and some SLW's I have but I really don't want to run .75 V4's front and rear. Not to mention I've got them set up for my V2 Berg... Hrmm Vanquish will be getting a order from me some time in the future. I've decided this year I'm sticking with running sedona's and boss claws. I've had great success with both last season and I really don't feel like blowing more money just to experiment with tires, when what I have is working soo well for me.

6" Sedona's are stupid good... OMG I want a set of 6" boss claws but but I don't wanna spend the money to get a set made and no matter how hard I try I just cannot seem to glue up tires worth a darn!

Spring fever has hit and I'm planning on a little sneak away trip this weekend and I'm hoping to give this beast a real workout. Watch for pics or maybe even a video I just hope the rain stays away!

Last edited by WarTrader; 03-18-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Today I got some new rear lower links made.

I made a set previously, and the bends were a little too sharp. One of the links ended up bending. Not very badly but enough for "me" not to be happy with it. I also made these a little different than the previous set. Another one of my little secrets hehe... I will deffinately be bashing them this weekend. Heck I'm going to go and do that now!

I also found a extra pair of 1" V4 SLW's that I used to mount up a set of Boss Claws soo I have another option for varying conditions. I would like to get one more set put together with a set of Rovers on them and I will be ready to take on the world... Or at least some Knarly Iowa-Ohio Rock!!!

Last edited by WarTrader; 03-19-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #117
Rock Crawler

Default Proof Of Life

Got bored and made a little Vid today! Sorry For the lack of music Photobucket had copyright issues!!

Last edited by WarTrader; 03-20-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #118
Pebble Pounder

men nice done with that rig, wat's the song name of the video?
souler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:36 AM   #119
Quarry Creeper

those rear lowers are smooth!
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by souler View Post
men nice done with that rig, wat's the song name of the video?
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawb View Post
those rear lowers are smooth!
Thanks guys!

The song is Rocky Road To Dublin by Dropkick Murphy's , and the album is Sing Loud Sing Proud... fantastic band!!