Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: WarTrader's 2011 V1 Berg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Cool WarTrader's 2011 V1 Berg Y-town V4

I decided that I'm going to stick with the tried and true bergs for next years comps. I've had some really great success with my V2 T1E Berg, but I got a great deal on a used V1 T1E and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. I'm building this rig up with an eye on weight reduction, while trying not to compromise on overall strength and reliability.

I've started assembeling parts for this build but I still have a way to go. I'm actually still waiting on some parts to be released for sale. I'm not going to do the norm and start off with a complete break down of all the parts that are going into this build mainly because I'm still trying to make up my mind on them.

Here is just a very very brief list of parts that are already in it. I'll edit the post and add to the list as a add to the parts list.

300m CVD's
Boca Bearings
Brood Matched 45T motors
Castle Mamba Micro Pros
Futaba 4PK
Hitec HS-7950TH
Y Town V4 Chassis
Links WarTrader Engineering,
Gearbox pins Erik D_Lux

Most of the rest I'm not mentioning as it will probably be swapped out in the future. Enjoy the eye candy.

This build is going to be a long haul and I don't expect to be even close to being done much before Christmas.

These came in the mail today and are WAAAAY too hot to keep to myself. Thanks to 99RAM over at Bad Attitude Machining last Thursday before last these were just a question in a PM and here they are on my door a little more than a week later.

The fronts are 1.0" and the rear are 0.8". I'm using .225 rear hubs and .600 front hubs. I've got to get some air holes drilled, weights added and tires mounted. I'm not sure what tires are going to go on these I'm kinda thinking a set of Rover EX's I have sitting here since the temps are already starting to get a little cool and I'll still be doing some outdoor pratcing until the snow flies.

Last edited by WarTrader; 11-10-2010 at 04:45 PM.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Chassis Beatle Juice Really ??

Well Gotta Love the Postman. He just delivered this today! Y Town Crawlers new Beatle Juice V4. Great design I like how you can set the width the way you want front to rear. I'm really excited about this chassis I really really love the look. I'm just hoping the performance is as hot as the looks. I've heard many many good things about this chassis soo here it is.

Now What is the thoughts on which end should be wide ?? Here is the way I'm looking at it at the moment. If I make the front of the cab wide you know it will make overhanging obsicles a little easier. Once you get past the front of the cab you pretty much have it made! If I make the rear wider anything that hits the cab itself should be pushed out towards the tires. For me I'm thinking narrow to wide.

Well I'm really curious to see how this chassis is going to stack up against my T1E MoonBuggy. Just in case I've gotten a preorder in for the new version of the Moonbuggy . Yes I know their new chassis was designed with an eye towards a XR10 but I've gotten a few ideas that the higher front cab clearance could make life a little nicer for me. Time will tell. I plan to try both before the summer comp series gets into full swing and sell off the chassis I like least! Maybe even a old used moonbuggy only times gonna tell! If I really cannot make up my mind the "looser" may end up as a new chassis for my V2 axles.

Last edited by WarTrader; 11-02-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Wink

Well here are a few other parts that I'm going to be adding to this build. There will be more added as decisions are made and parts become available. This is most of the stuff for my rear axle. I'm still waiting for a few things.

First off a RC Axle Master Rear straight axle kit.

Next up is the light weight 4rth Gear from RC Bros.

SCS Customs 300M 3rd gears.

Clover Custom Designs rear axle tube housings.

I really want to thank 66Jeep who has been extreemly kind in answering questions. I would stop bugging him if he would just get the front axle tubes done
Old 11-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Looks good! I need to stay out of the berg section....
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post
Looks good! I need to stay out of the berg section....
I've been saying that for more than a year LOL
Old 11-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Nice I'm watching this one.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

where did you get those rc axle masters at ? looks good so far
mustangboy_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboy_347 View Post
where did you get those rc axle masters at ? looks good so far
RPP hobbies I'd post the li k but I'm on my cellphone
Old 11-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Those wheels are sweet!
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowngreen View Post
Those wheels are sweet!
Thanks Check with 99RAM and get a set! I'm telling you the pics don't do them justice, they looks soo hot in person! I saw them and I knew I had to have a set for my V1 build! He even made custom widths for me the front is 1" and the rear is .8 wide.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #11
RCC Addict

HOT DAWGG!!! Those wheels are slick!!! BUT, what really has my attention are those axle toobes!!! Now those are SWEET!!
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
HOT DAWGG!!! Those wheels are slick!!! BUT, what really has my attention are those axle toobes!!! Now those are SWEET!!
Thanks and go here talk to 66bronco I'm sure he could hook you up!
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274699
Old 11-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Yep, got my attention....But I assume it is already built?????
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Yep, got my attention....But I assume it is already built?????
Actually no it's not boilt yet. I've spent the last two days in my little shop with the dremel and the drill press. I'm prolly a couple hours away from putting the rear end back together then I gotta wait a bit for the front got some kewl stuff instore for that too.

Ohh where bouts in SW PA I'm originaly from Bridgeport OH, just across the river from Wheelin WV.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

.Well I've spent the last couple days in my shop with my drill press and Dremel. Here is what I ended up with. I rounded the gearcase and shaved the bolt that seems to get hung up on everything. I then went ahead and drilled the gears to drop a little more weight.

I still would like to do a little clean up work on the gear case but my impatience got the better of me. I started to assemble everything using some chromoly pins from Erik D_Lux that I'm trying out. I'm sick or breaking the pins in my V2 and since this build is mostly 300M in all the high stress areas I decided to throw some in this build. I'm hoping these turn out to be a little more robust than the stock versions.

The only regret I've got at that point is that I'm my excitement for this build and having a reason to play with power tools I forgot to get some before weights to see how much I dropped.

Last edited by WarTrader; 11-05-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Very cool Looks to be an epic build.

It seems that everyone (and his brother) is shaving off that front bolt. I am new to the Bergs, and can't help thinking that this will hurt the integrity of the axle. I guess I just need a little reassurance on this particular surgery.

Those CCD tubes, WOW Can't wait to see the fronts.
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevellian View Post
Very cool Looks to be an epic build.

It seems that everyone (and his brother) is shaving off that front bolt. I am new to the Bergs, and can't help thinking that this will hurt the integrity of the axle. I guess I just need a little reassurance on this particular surgery.

Those CCD tubes, WOW Can't wait to see the fronts.
My bolts have been shaved since Motorama last year, with no issues.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #18

This rig will be sick. I love the wheels. Hope to see it next year at the Iowa Colasal Fossil Challenge. I will be there with the other NSCA boys again. It was fun and looking forward to it again. Just to restate, this rig will be awesome. Staying tuned for updates.
Cookie Monster Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster Joe View Post
This rig will be sick. I love the wheels. Hope to see it next year at the Iowa Colasal Fossil Challenge. I will be there with the other NSCA boys again. It was fun and looking forward to it again. Just to restate, this rig will be awesome. Staying tuned for updates.
Thanks I had a great time too. I love that place the rock and the rock formations are just soo much fun. I've already been talking to the wife about a return to the Fossil Challenge.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Very nice so far. I like what you did to your gears, very smart.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote