Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: CFSC: Build N' BBQ GTG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #121
Rock Stacker

Default Re: CFSC: Build N' BBQ GTG

Ok im gonna try and bring metal and scrap stuff to make bumpers or skid plates or whatever people got in mind
mud_life_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #122
Looking for new Trails

I will be there around 830 or 9 and i will bring

coleslaw,baked beans,macaroni salad and some more drinks and Ice
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #123
Looking for new Trails

I am going to bring some allthread liquid tape my bender some delrin for links and some rod ends and some rod for bumpers and what not....
Old 01-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #124
RCC Addict

Thanks to those who are coming and as well as bringing food and or materials for this GTG. Seems as if things will be pretty good for everyone. I have updated the list of items being brought to the BBQ on page 6 post 114.

Try to keep in mind the things you are trying to do to your rig so that tomorrow we can have these things addressed and hopefully with the knowledge on hand can be done.

REMEMBER!!!!! BRING CAMERAS!!!!!! I want to get lots of pics for the new year and First GTG for CFSC.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #125

If anyone has a stock outdrive for the scx10 they could bring I would be grateful....and to have 4wd would be sweet. Looks like it will be middle of next week before I get my rrp gear
sneakymaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #126
Pebble Pounder

Don't worry I don't leave home without my camera u know that lol
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakymaxx View Post
If anyone has a stock outdrive for the scx10 they could bring I would be grateful....and to have 4wd would be sweet. Looks like it will be middle of next week before I get my rrp gear
I have 2 stock outputs and the bottom gear, the idler is what went out in mine. I'm still minus a locker and spur, I can try some 48p stuff I have here just to play around in 3wd, plus I need to figure out how to mount my interior.

Seriously fighting my buddies stuck truck right now, its a 2wd 83 chevy he slipped into a pond with. I'm about to start yanking on it with my 500hp bronco, already busted 2 good straps and ripped the back bumper off so were getting desperate. The only way I wont make it is we can't get him out by tonight, and even then I can still probably make it.
speed ghilliesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #128

Ok i just got my computer to work its been broke all week looks like were going to have a good turn out tommorrow.I just got finished setting up the tables and trying to get ready.
looking forward to seeing everyone tommorrow
zebs toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #129

Fixed my outdrives, now all i need is to make a front bumper with winch mount. See everyone there tomorrow, i'll be early hopefully getting a head start on some fab work.
J&JFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #130
Quarry Creeper

How late are y'all staying? I just got through with all my stuff, if anyone wants to text me my # is (904) 535-2365. I can be there in about a hour and a half, if y'all are staying a while I have wood, lawn chairs, and 2 liters of cola.

Edit: my clocks are all kinds of wrong, thought it was 11:30 instead of 3:00......

Last edited by speed ghilliesniper; 01-08-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #131
RCC Addict

Well today was a complete success. Got to meet some new people and put a face with the screen name. Some things were discussed and talked about which was positive. Some people even had bumpers made. Thanks to J&J Fab, he was working on other people's rigs during the day.
Thanks to Zebs toy and his family for allowing us to hold a gtg there. Thank you very much, it was greatly appreciated. I'll load some pics if my app will let me.

Sent from my iPhone 3GSlow but still works flawlessly.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #132
Looking for new Trails

Had a blast and a awesome time thank you to all that made the trip and came out to support all the Florida Scalers ....

A BIG THANK YOU TO ARE HOST AND HIS FAMILY AND THERE HOSPITALITY... thank you for the awesome place to work on trucks and thank you for the awesome cook and all her hard work THANK YOU...
and thank you for the trail makers LOL they worked hard at keeping up with everything...

and on with some more pics.....
Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #133

man oh man. could not have asked for a better spot for a gtg. it was perfect, great place to work on truck, plenty of room, and a trail. what more could you ask for. wish i could have stayed longer. thanks to zeb and his fam for hosting. next time ill try not to have so much to do on our gtg day.......so whens the next one? hope to see everyone at new red next sunday sunday sunday. ( say that last part in your monster truck announcer voice)
hpirick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #134
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpirick View Post
man oh man. could not have asked for a better spot for a gtg. it was perfect, great place to work on truck, plenty of room, and a trail. what more could you ask for. wish i could have stayed longer. thanks to zeb and his fam for hosting. next time ill try not to have so much to do on our gtg day.......so whens the next one? hope to see everyone at new red next sunday sunday sunday. ( say that last part in your monster truck announcer voice)
Lol, announcer voice. I already asked yoda if I could walk around with a Kareokee machine and announce during the event. It would be EPIC!

Yeah the spor at Zebs place was perfect, and most likely there will be a GTG before the next big event to do the same. We do need to have a GTG at Blanchard park for a GROUP TRAIL RUN. That would be a lot of fun.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #135
Rock Stacker

here are some pics i had from today, thanks to everyone had a blast and got me runnin awsome!!

random creeper

for Dying: round headlights so let me know what u think!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #136
RCC Addict

@mud, thats an 02'-03' STi Rally Edition. Round headlights they call the "BugEye". Whats the Wheelbase on that body. Thanks for posting pics. And I still dont know what was up with the random creeper on I-4. Never seen a Dodge Ram with a Hemi before...... . Was really wierd that he would be taking pics of the truck unless it was a video of the trucks in the back of the big truck,
Old 01-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #137
Quarry Creeper

At the random creeper in the hummer: Creepin by Eric Church - YouTube
Old 01-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #138
Rock Stacker

@Dying the wheelbase is 10.5 inches from center to center, it fits the tc3 almost perfect!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #139
Pebble Pounder

I had a alot of fun and a working truck again thanks to Sean and Joe for the help and zeb for the spot it's perfect for this kind of gtg and seems kinda central for all of us and the trail area could be pretty epic with some more work maybe we should have a trail build day there soon

That Subaru body is awesome I want to get one for. Rally drifter I'm building next
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #140
Rock Stacker

I only have 2 of them and I'm using one but if dyin doesn't want it(doubt unless it won't fit) ill keep u in mind