Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Sawback

Notices

Thread: Sawback Vaterra Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2016, 02:48 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Sawback Vaterra Bronco

How are you finding the delrin leafs? I'm thinking about getting a set instead of another gmade set.
Sp3cia1-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2016, 06:18 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp3cia1-K View Post
How are you finding the delrin leafs? I'm thinking about getting a set instead of another gmade set.
Can't tell yet - has been sitting on the shelf most of the winter. They are very stiff still but supposed to get a little softer once you run them. By the looks: they are very thick and not scale, but since I want to take this one on the rocks, they should be worth it. I will make an update soon!
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp3cia1-K View Post

Now I know.

They are great. Had such a great time with this short wheelbase. It's not lacking anything. Great approach angle, with the beeftubes, a large 2s lipo, this thing is planted to the ground. And Peppe's leaf springs are awesome. Don't think I have to worry about them breaking. And after half an hour they acted all smoot and gave me enough aartuculationh.

But what am I saying, here are some pictures:

Old 04-23-2016, 08:30 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

im still thinking i want to do this body to keep the hacked up sawback body for interior... i just re-read your thread and you had mentioned the RC4WD blazer body which is huge too. any idea if the sawback "interior" mod will fit under that body?
VR6 BeelzeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:22 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6 BeelzeDub View Post
im still thinking i want to do this body to keep the hacked up sawback body for interior... i just re-read your thread and you had mentioned the RC4WD blazer body which is huge too. any idea if the sawback "interior" mod will fit under that body?
I have the Blazer body also but have a Dinky RC interior attached to it right now. ght. If you just look at the width, it will fit: there ieasily s room for a seven inch wide interior underneath both of them. I can try to get detailed measurements or a photo tonight.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:44 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxman View Post
I have the Blazer body also but have a Dinky RC interior attached to it right now. ght. If you just look at the width, it will fit: there ieasily s room for a seven inch wide interior underneath both of them. I can try to get detailed measurements or a photo tonight.
oh awesome... well if you feel like measuring that would be cool! what chasis do you have the blazer body on?
Old 04-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6 BeelzeDub View Post
oh awesome... well if you feel like measuring that would be cool! what chasis do you have the blazer body on?

The good and the bad: The width fits easily, but the sawback is much shorter (I did cut about an inch off mine, but the gap is much bigger in the back). With some left over lexan you should be able to close that gap though...

Here is the Ascender body on top of the sawback body - should fit even with the rollbar:

The Blazer is muuuuuch longer than the Bronco:

And look at that gap...

It is sitting on a "stretched" SCX10 frame with front motor mount and SSD axles. I use a Dinky RC interior on this one, which fits quite well.

P.S. ..."VR6": As in Golf VR6? Nice engine, nice sound too
Old 04-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

I thought you had the RC4WD blazer body (the new hard body one) and was wondering if THAT one would fit. Only because i know the track is much wider than most hard bodies and the length should be about right... either way thanks, because i dont think anyone has tried to put the ascender blazer over the stock sawback body
and YES VR6 golf i dont have it anymore but it is one of the greatest sounds in the world! especially with the right exhaust and no resonators, etc...
Old 04-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Man, I should read more closely I guess - sorry for the misunderstanding...

Well, I do have the RC4WD body. I went ahead and trough it on there - but I am afraid, it is easier to build an interior than trying to make this fit. You would have to cut off so much of the Sawback, that there would be just the area left from dashboard to behind the seats - basically because of the different trunks. Here are some crappy pics - but you probably see what I mean:

While the width works okay, either the dash of the sawback or the Blazer would have to go. Couldn't fit it better, but you should get the idea.

The real problem begins behind the seats - nothing lines up right.

P.S. VR6 does have one of the best sounds! Almost as good as an Impreza's boxer with the right exhaust

Sawback Vaterra Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sawback v4.0 Bronco stevem50 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 12-06-2015 08:50 PM
GCM Side Sliders for Vaterra Bronco Generis Vaterra Ascender 5 11-27-2015 12:21 PM
Well, Here is the new Vaterra Bronco [HOONIGAN] Vaterra Ascender 69 10-22-2015 02:22 PM
New Vaterra Bronco Ascender Killa-Cotton General Crawlers 5 08-12-2015 03:27 PM