Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylint Customer Support & Breakage Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2005, 07:41 PM   #261
Pebble Pounder

Well i have put some time on the 1:6 jeep now and the front servo is goin to need the o-ring up grade has any one done this witht he o-ring up grade for the belts? How good is it after?
Nylintjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2005, 03:02 PM   #262

You would think the Nylint guys would be tired of sending parts out and fix the original problem. The upgraded chassie seems to be worse than the orignal. The only thing they have going for them is thier customer support. The product does what it was intended to do for about a week, then it breaks. The replacement parts are slipping out of the box (I think they did this to keep down the broken parts).

Kudo's on the Support for sure!!!!
Now lets get these issues addressed so we can crawl for more than a week.
Jiles111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #263
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiles111
You would think the Nylint guys would be tired of sending parts out and fix the original problem. The upgraded chassie seems to be worse than the orignal. The only thing they have going for them is thier customer support. The product does what it was intended to do for about a week, then it breaks. The replacement parts are slipping out of the box (I think they did this to keep down the broken parts).

Kudo's on the Support for sure!!!!
Now lets get these issues addressed so we can crawl for more than a week.
put some o-rings in the upgraded ones and they are awsome then the only thing you have to worry about breaking is spinning the hub right out of the rim...i have gone thru 3 rims in less than a week
whuzzz_up_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:31 PM   #264

Well i am about an hour into my second charge of my 1:18. Initially the nuts for the motor gear reduction units were lying in the bottom of the axles. I fixed that after only playing with it a couple minutes. Now the steering is dead. The white gears stripped. The steering started sticking in one direction or the other then it just let go completely. I have an email out to Funrise as the 1-800 number seems to be having some difficulties.
Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #265
Pebble Pounder

ok after reading for about 2.5 days on the 1:6 scale rc from wally world

i went and bought one wheil its charging i stripped it down adn painted it
after the batts charged i starting playing with it and after 20 minutes the rear axel stopped going in low range it only turns in high i called and emailed nylint/funrise
i recieved an email one day later telling me that they would love to help me out so i sent them what they asked for and they said they would sned me a new rear axel the only thing if its only the rear axel im hoping it will come witht he instructions to install it since im new to rc cars i only heard about this fromt he guys at ROF .com...rubicon owners forum but it sure was nice while it was running .... loved it
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #266
RCC Addict

I wheeled my 1:18 pretty hard for about a month now, and had my first problem. S omething in the left front is stripped, one of the tires spins but the other one doesnt, I can feel it skipping. I called customer support and they are going to send me a replacement out in the mail! Thanks!
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #267

Well, All I did was climb over some small boxes, and whammo, busted steering knuckle. Crap. I sent them an e-mail, we'll see what happens.

I got to run it about 5 minutes total. It was the coolest dang thing, until it broke. I kinda feel let down, though $110 for 5 minutes of play? WTF? :?

Here's a couple pics. Don, from Funrise replied to my e-mail already, and said they'd send me a new one. I'm not sure if that's a new knuckle, axle, or chasis.

Anyway, on to the pics...

Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #268
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolaceOfWinter
HA! found it, seems there is a pin that goes through the end of that blue gear through the axle shaft, its snapped on both ends...
i have had the same problem. i tried to replace it with a pin from a hardware store and broke that in about 30 seconds. i ended up using a allen wrench and grinding it round and cutting it down to size. wheeled it yesterday while wheelin the real rigs and it held up fine
bmf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #269
Pebble Pounder

well still have no parts only recieved an email saying
i would be taken care of i dont want to email or call
agian so i dont piss them off
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #270

I got my son the 1:18 Jeep, and we have played with it some, not hard but there are some light to med scratches on the under carriage. My problem is now there is no steering. I can hear the motor spin but there is no steering function. I pulled the front cover - no stripped gears or broken cogs. I have yet to disassemble the entire axle yet to see if I can possibly fix it. I might not screw with it until I call customer service tomorrow. Yea for the New Year holiday!.
ftslogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #271
Pebble Pounder

i have called twice, left two voicemails and sent anemail. no response to either and it has been atleast 4 days since the first call and message.....on my thrid truck now. if it doesnt work im taking it back and saying screw it, i have better things to spend my money on then something that will break constantly
GeoffSFAs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #272
Rock Crawler

lots of breakages. luckilly i have access to a machine shop. i recently broke the pitman arm and am building a steel replacement. i'll put up pics soon. i think im just going to drive it till i break something the find a way to fix it then repeat.

i do love my 1/6th and i beat the sh%^ out of it.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:08 PM   #273
Pebble Pounder

well customer service sent me an e-mail saying it will be 4-8 weeks and they would take care of me, my steering slips really bad so did the o-ring thing, slipping stopped but motro is week bearly turns that is the reason for my new chassi. but i did have to contact that guy that is part of the development team witht he scorpion to drop thema line then poof got e-mail saying,"Sorry for the delay on the respones and we will take total care of u!" think there sending me a whole new one the way the asked questions about which i had and they took the product number and said a replacement unit will be sent? is this normal?
Nylintjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #274

Question Steering knuckle support broke!

the strut that holds the steering knuckle broke off last night. It is lower strut for the front left wheel. I called Funrise, but didn't reach anyone. I left a message. Hopefully they will send me a new 'upgraded' chasis. From what I can tell from reading in the forum, there have been two upgrades? I think my chasis was the middle version. Can anyone correct me on this? If I buy the chasis/drive train replacement piece, what does it come with? I'm a newbie to the r/c version of crawling, any help would be appreciated. Even so, its the coolest thing I've ever seen come out of a wal-mart.

XJbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylintjunkie
well customer service sent me an e-mail saying it will be 4-8 weeks and they would take care of me...
4 to 8 WEEKS!?!?!?

Man, maybe I should have just returned mine to Wal-Mart. I understand a few extra days, but a month or two? Looks like I probably just threw away $110 for 5 minutes of crawling. After waiting a month or two, they better really be hooking you up. Like an entire crawler. I hope they will finally reply to me, and let me know what the heck is going on......

Maybe I should surf the classifieds for a Clod.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #276

has anyone had trouble getting through to them in past few days? I have called tons of times (probably around 20 times) and have yet to get to talk to someone...i keep getting the "all representatives are busy" line....I can understand if this happens some, but not EVERY time i call...I was told before thanksgiving that i would be shipped a new crawler since mine broke, but i have yet to see it or be able to get to speak with someone regarding it.....so far im not seeing how their service is so good :(
slravene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #277
Pebble Pounder

i got to them today i called cause i got my 1\18 scrop a week ago no mods yet and the front axel is locked up wont move at alll

they said they will send me new truck and i asked for jeep body and they said sure
to-fast-4-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #278

so you got through when you called today? How long did you have to wait....ive spent hours on the phone waiting on someone to be there so i can figure out what is going on...this is odd.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #279
Pebble Pounder

they picked up in like 3-5 mins
to-fast-4-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #280

damn, i cant get a line to save my life....