Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylint Customer Support & Breakage Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #181

Thumbs up

A few things I have noticed:
Like Plays with Toys said several times tighten up all screws right out of the box, also like crawl said grease everything up well. This is just a good habbit with any rc car or truck. That being said, I have stripped teeth of the orange rear gear reduction unit and now the rear axle pops relentlesly. I have left a message with Steve in customer support...I'll keep you posted on what happens. I love these little trucks and will be adding more to my collection, I think they are great for what they are and like anything else sometimes you just have to make parts beefier as you go.

~NBC

P.S. I have a stick nylint project in the works with a spy and lipo (2hr runtimes)...I'll try to post up some pics hopefully next week.

Edit: A Lady from customer support called back today...they are sending me a complete new rear axle assembly out, I should get it in 7-10 bussiness days! Great customer support!

Last edited by NaturalBornCrawler; 10-07-2005 at 03:08 PM.
NaturalBornCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2005, 04:58 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRummy
Well here is my broken part. I don't even know what the name of it is lol

I'm not sure if this piece is actually broke but its cracked. Might be a spacer of some sort.

Then there is this piece that is DEFINATELY broke

I had the same problem, then the metal under it broke.. I swaped out the parts from my Friends that broke the day and started crawlering again.. Broke the other side... Def a weak link..

and as said before the steering is weak and so are the hubs.. The drive shaft on mine slipped out when I turned and made loud noises
Twiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #183

Default busted nylint

OK it had to happen sooner or later !! My nylint is now only 2wd , when Id bind the front it would click a little but the little got more and more till it completly stopped.
Also every now and then it keeps going after I let off the gas , but that might be because i busted the antenna off too. Aneyway so what do I do now , return it and say its broke and i want a new one or clean it up and say I want the other body style ?
tomh1426@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:38 PM   #184

My 1:18 scorpion stripped the steering gear also. This was only on the second pack... and it was on my hardwood floor. Just crawling over some sneakers, no high traction surfaces.

Left a message for Nylint, couldnt get in touch with a rep.

Will let you know how it shakes out.
hoosierdadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:12 PM   #185

My rear axle motor went out. Anybody else this happened to? I am gonna tear it down tonight to see what the problem is
xtremecrawler504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #186

A motor wirer broke off. I really got to stop jumping it
xtremecrawler504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:03 PM   #187
I wanna be Dave

My rear axle went out also. I going to call FunRise again. I guess I check all the wires first. Maybe something came loose.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 08:18 PM   #188
Rock Stacker

Well here's my short 1:6 story. Wanted one for a while but read about the upgraded models coming out. So I got what was in stock instead, since the new chassis apparently aren't anywhere in CO right now.

One and a half batteries through the little Jeep the rear drive pin snapped. The way it broke inside the diff output, the chunks gouged halfway through the axle shaft. I gave up on replacing the drive pin and exchanged it.

The new one has a total of about 20 minutes on it through a small pile of rocks, nowhere near as hard as what broke the first one. The steering was making a whining/ faint belt squeal noise when trying to turn left, if you went forward the steering would catch and work ok. This was intermittent. Decided to pull apart the steering motor to see what could be done, and noticed another broken sleeve, I assume with another trashed pin below it. 20 minutes of easy crawling! It hasn't even flopped yet.

So- I suppose I'll call CS tomorrow and see about some upgraded parts. It'd sure be nice if these were even 1/2 as reliable as the 1:18 version.
slagburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:53 AM   #189

30 lbs RC crawler running on plastic parts in the high impact locations.... not a good idea.

I certainly hope the upgraded models have replaced all of these weak links.
GACrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #190
Rock Stacker

Called up Funrise today and a new upgraded chassis is on the way, they said two weeks. Not bad really- too bad the off the shelf version is so weak, but I have better expectations from the upgraded model.
slagburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #191
Rock Stacker

Ok so i've had my 1:6 for a week now. It's all painted and stuff. 2 days ago, i wore out the initial charge. I figured the charge was pretty much gone when it started just sputtering little spurts of energy when i held down the trigger. It was like a stop and go motion as i was holing the trigger down flat in any direction. Can't crawl anything with that ! So i said to myself, "self: it is time to charge for the recommended 8 hours." Ok i'll just charge it and try again tomarrow. Today, after it was done with the 8 1/2 hour charge (decided to give it that extra little juice ), I took it out to my backyard and crawled down the deck steps onto the grass. I drove it over to the side of the house onto my woodpile and crawled as a traditional woodpile warmup. I then took it to a tree in my yard that has roots coming up. I started crawling around, then when i had to back up to get a better angle at a root, it started to do the sputtering thing again in reverse. I was getting pissed about that time . I kept crawling trying to avoid reverse, but then it started sputtering while going forward too only when i was crawling things. It was fine on flat land going forward (not reverse though) but as soon as it hit something to crawl over, it would stop and go. I tried high gear just for the hell of it and it was sputtering too. I took it inside and figured maybe the batterie just needed some extra charging so i'm charging it up at this moment, but i'm pissed that i blew $150 bucks and the 3rd time i have it out, the pos wont even go forward without having something wrong. There is nothing around here for me to even hardcore wheel with it. Just peices of wood and tree roots. I have checked everything and the battery is the only thing i can think of! Any ideas? and just so you know i'm a noob to the RC world and am electric retarded:?
cherokee xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #192

Exclamation Rock crawler front axle steering nuckles

I got a rock crawler a few weeks ago from wal mart. And one of my steering nuckles bottom slot broke so i poped it back in, and the other one poped out. So i called comster service and they are sending my a new front axle assembley for free. When i get that i am going to take my old nuckles and have them machined out of aluminum. And if nessary i will keep doing this until things stop braking or when everthing on my rig is machined out of aluminum. I can have this done for free. So please email me if you need anything machined. We can work something out for very cheap.

mike
armiyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #193

Default My breakage

Let me say this first, I have been very happy with this little truck. (1:18 Scorpion)
I have only used one pack so far, !/2 way through the second the rear axle stopped pulling under load. The high range works just fine. I have called over to Nylint and they are sending me a whole new chassy. I am very impressed all around now! Great litle cheap crawler and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
Thanks
JG
Gorillajeep54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #194

i just went and bought a new 1/8 scale jeep and a scorpion and after the first 6 hour charge the steering would not turn when i wanted it too,,anyone else having this problem??
CrawlinNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #195
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinNoob
i just went and bought a new 1/8 scale jeep and a scorpion and after the first 6 hour charge the steering would not turn when i wanted it too,,anyone else having this problem??
If you meant to type 1/18 scale, try the 1/18 forum... they might have a better answer for you
Old 10-24-2005, 10:19 PM   #196

Doh! this is 1/6 scale forum
Old 10-24-2005, 10:21 PM   #197

Old 10-26-2005, 06:58 PM   #198

Hats off to their Customer support ... I got my new parts within 4 business days.. I received phone calls back, emails returned and even a PM to make sure I've been helped....

All was done in a timely manner... Great Job and Great Product..
Twiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:14 AM   #199
Rock Stacker

i emailed the customer support guy here on the board like a week ago now and still have yet to hear a response from him
92GreenYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #200
Rock Stacker

i got my new battery in the mail today it's charging up now. I even got a thing of their new gagillia bubbles! no way