#3 Cole82's "Simple Clod" 5 3.62%
#4 CSR's "Crown" 12 8.70%
#5 HULK's "Dibble's Rig" 71 51.45%
#6 TwistedXT "Tubby" 3 2.17%
#7 SVEN's "NLS (no link stick)" 5 3.62%
#8 rcmfmaxxman's "TLT Inferno" 4 2.90%
#9 Xtreme RC's "The Eliminator" 3 2.17%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: World Crawler Buildoff Finalists.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 03:47 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

I didn't enter either so no complaint here.

Just wondering if there's something up a sleeve somewhere.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2005, 03:56 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

You guys are a bunch of spoiled babies. What the **** do you think??? Running RCC is our full time jobs? You guys start paying some bills and salaries to some of us and we'll give you the best god damn build off you've ever seen. You have some nice rigs to choose from and these guys worked hard to be chosen as the top spots. Choose one and stop complaining.....and give respect to the guys who actually spent their time to enter and compete.

and as for some week finalists.....that is really up to you all. You should have seen some of the poor entries. Nylint crawler entries???? COME ON!!! Believe it or not...these were the best of the best. If you thought you could do better.....you should have entered.

Last edited by DirkDigler; 09-29-2005 at 03:59 PM.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:07 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

What can I say - I was just expecting more, I guess....... And I didnt' have any mind blowing ideas, so I didn't enter.....

My hat does go off to everyone that entered this build off competition, becasue they DID enter and they did build something. Its just seems like you can tell who really went that extra step in paying attention to details and teh quality of pictures they took.

Doesn't matter how good the build is if you take a crappy picture, people can't see or understand the cool stuff you where trying to do since this is judged on the web and you can only see the vehicle my the poorly taken photo.
4RnrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:07 PM   #24
Powered by Awesome

here here Dirk!!!
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:11 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler
If you thought you could do better.....you should have entered.
Well *I* sure as h**l never said that. Which is is exactly why I did not enter. I KNEW I wouldn't win.

I just thought mabey there was a super duper delux double throw down end all crawler that, you know...Jason forgot to post with the first group.

That said, everyone that was picked as a finalist should be proud. I would pimp any one of those rigs.

Good job guys!
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I think it was unfair to the builders that went all out just to be put up against a stick.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:16 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
I think it was unfair to the builders that went all out just to be put up against a stick.
What are you refering to?
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:36 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Also:
Why don't we all make sure to stay on topic in this thread. No bashing on the trucks, builders or the rcc staff. Everyone did a lot to make this happen and the first "anything" is always a little rocky.....so......if we all want to see another build off or other rcc supported functions, raffles, etc, I would be nice.....or we will not be so nice in return.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:39 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I'll help keep it on topic. Here are pics of my buildup. From start to finish. Allkinds of detail pics for you to critique.
Enjoy.
http://photobucket.com/albums/0603/HULK64/Dibble%20RC/
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:46 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys. This was my first build of a crawler. I had a racer before this.
Link to the build thread.simple clod (56k warning)
Attached Images

Last edited by Cole82; 09-29-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:00 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I think people's expectations were just a bit higher, but since many of the top builders didn't enter, those expectations weren't met.

Aren't we suposed to be judging on a few different aspects, like looks AND crawling ability? One may look better than another but may not crawl better. Will there be any vids or do we just have the pics to go on?
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:21 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Here's a link to my build pictures. Originally I was going to make high clearance clod axles, but I only completed one of the axles. So just disregard those pictures.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b230/r...0Build%20Off/?

Last edited by SVEN; 10-03-2005 at 08:27 PM.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:10 PM   #33
Colt Python/SR9c

I thought there was supposed to be video also of the crawling ability of the truck? :?

If so, will that be posted before we vote?
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:33 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Wow, I feel honored to make it to this point. Here's a few more pics to look at, I'll send jason the rest of the info! Hopefully I'm not mucking up the thread!

Last edited by Sparky J; 09-29-2005 at 07:53 PM.
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:45 PM   #35
RCC Addict

I think it is a pretty decent group of crawlers. I mean, you can't expect every entry to be a "re-invention of the wheel", so to speak. But, if you look close, a lot of the entires have some fairly innovative and different features. Good job everyone. Count me in if there is another build-off.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:52 PM   #36
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
Some of these trucks have been around for a few months now?? :?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing
I noticed that too, some people just cant keep secrets ;)

I didn't feel that my rig would come anywhere close to the top finalist, so I pimped pics of it all over the place..... figured that was the only way people would see it since it wouldn't be posted in the finalist thread. I'm suprised to see it made the top 10, or 9?!

In reply to the "weak rigs" comments...... I know my rig is less than what people were expecting. With the monster hours I'm putting in at work plus family activities, I simply didn't have time to build a killer rig like I had originally planned. I wish I could have found more time to put into the truck. :-( Instead of dropping out, I chose to hang in there. I had been wanting to build my son a truck for a while, I had a pile of parts accumulated for the build-off crawler..... why not kill two birds with one stone. Now I have a fun little crawler that should be competitive in 2.2" Class comps and my son and I have something we can do together that we both really enjoy. I had fun building it and my son and I have fun driving it...... so regardless of the outcome of the Build-Off, my rig is still a winner.

There are some Really Great looking rigs here and I'm honored that my junk made it into the final round. ;)
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:56 PM   #37
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
I thought there was supposed to be video also of the crawling ability of the truck? :?

If so, will that be posted before we vote?
That'll be a problem for me. I don't have a video camera. :-(

I will have the rig at Green River next weekend, so everyone there will see it perform. ;)
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:02 PM   #38
R.I.P. Chip

Here is all I am going to say about this.

This contest was open to all, and we had some people work very hard to build some awesome crawlers do not belittle them. Yes we were slow in posting the pictures of the finalists, but Dirk and I both work full time jobs and also have families and lives to attend to.

I don't think any of you should be complaining about the quality of the rigs involved. These people had the balls to step up and you didn't. If you don't like that you can either not open these buildup threads, or man up next time and build something that will blow us all away.

-Jason
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:16 PM   #39
06 Super National Champ

I wanted to build a rig for this, just didn't have time.

Besides, I'm too much of a perfectionist to even enter a build comp with a deadline.

Hopefully my new rig will be done next year. ;)
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:49 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

The trucks all look fine to me. Personally, I looked at them all and saw things that I liked and will try to incorporate into future builds. For me, this has still been a worthwhile experience.

For those of you who wish to complain about poor builds, just look in the Nylint thread. There are some real rocket scientists in there (along with many others who don't need bashing )
radishkid is offline   Reply With Quote