Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: exceed maxstone 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepr69 View Post
hi i bought one last month for my son for christmas $124.00 free shipping.i just bought another one for my 9 year old daughter $109.00 free shipping. we have not drove them yet.cant wait to open them. i have 3 ax10's we play with now.
same here but i been playing with his x-mas ive already broke it. next is to shave the axle like above.
claycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

what did you break? never know might be a good cheap upgrade out there for it
jokers_toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #43
Rock Stacker

I stripped the front diff i have already fixed it with axial parts
Old 11-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

glad you got it changed out. have u shaved the pumkins yet? i just used a dramil with a hard rock
Old 11-20-2010, 02:25 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

No it's a x-mas gift for my son so it's hard to work on it
Old 11-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #46

hey jokers toys, i like your setup with the maxstone 10. losing those diff guards really helps with it not getting hung up, i stripped mine off right after i got it.

what are the blue things on your shocks? does it help to have the shocks mounted upside down?

CKRC now offers bent links for the maxstone 10, $20 for all 4, i just ordered a set for mine. i always get hung up on in the middle, so i wanna see if i can raise it a bit.
creepcrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

the lil blue things are home made spacers to limit articulation it has too much for my liking it just get's bound on cracks and rocks too easy

as for upside down shocks it let me move them back some easy'r so the rig lays a lil lower which helps on being top heavy

the guards had to go first thing lol

i raised my steering link by adding a nut (longer bolt on one side)on it that helped a lot on smacking and hanging rocks (not in pic)

and i getting a set of bent links after the holidays too got 4 kids to buy for so it is tight right now and i smoked my esc the other day too so that something new to buy
Old 11-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers_toys View Post
the lil blue things are home made spacers to limit articulation it has too much for my liking it just get's bound on cracks and rocks too easy

as for upside down shocks it let me move them back some easy'r so the rig lays a lil lower which helps on being top heavy

the guards had to go first thing lol

i raised my steering link by adding a nut (longer bolt on one side)on it that helped a lot on smacking and hanging rocks (not in pic)

and i getting a set of bent links after the holidays too got 4 kids to buy for so it is tight right now and i smoked my esc the other day too so that something new to buy
sweet, thanks for letting me know, i need to tinker with mine a little more. i put some small pen springs inside my shocks to try to help limit the suspension travel and get rid of some torque flex, but they didnt really help. i'll probably steal some of your ideas when i take everything apart to install the links. hope they arent copyrighted, lol

my ESC is still intact, for now.......have you replaced your servo yet? mine started stripping gears a few days after i got it....... i got one with metal gears for $18 from CKRC (also put a metal steering arm on it)....driven it 20+ hours without a problem since. (if you cant tell, i buy alot of crap from CKRC, lol)
Old 11-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #49
RCC Addict

ok, so is it safe to say that this is pretty much an axial clone? can you replace everything with same part for an axial?
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepcrawlin View Post
sweet, thanks for letting me know, i need to tinker with mine a little more. i put some small pen springs inside my shocks to try to help limit the suspension travel and get rid of some torque flex, but they didnt really help. i'll probably steal some of your ideas when i take everything apart to install the links. hope they arent copyrighted, lol

my ESC is still intact, for now.......have you replaced your servo yet? mine started stripping gears a few days after i got it....... i got one with metal gears for $18 from CKRC (also put a metal steering arm on it)....driven it 20+ hours without a problem since. (if you cant tell, i buy alot of crap from CKRC, lol)

ya the spacers i just used the end's off of lil wire connectors

my esc got smoked because a loose battery wire

my servo came with metal gears and is still holding strong

ckrc from what i can tell looks like a good place to buy stuff
have u looked at the nitrorcx site latley they have added a lot of good look upgrades

and yes a lot of the ax10 stuff will work with just minor modafcation
Old 11-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #51

^
yeah, i looked on nitro, but their stuff is REALLY expensive. CKRC is much cheaper for metal replacement parts. they also offer the upgrade kits, behind the axle steering kits, axle kits, etc. and for pretty good prices. you'd think i work there for all the stuff i say about them. lol.

oh and btw, there's a place called atomic mods, they have a bunch of axial stuff that isnt too expensive. here's a link
http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories...s-Hop-Ups.aspx
Old 11-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #52

has anyone setup their crawler for 4 wheel steering? i'm in the process of getting the parts together to do it on mine. just need to order a new servo and it'll be ready.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #53

I ordered one of these for my daughter as a Christmas gift. I will probably replace a couple things on it for her if she bashes on it too hard. I purchased the 1/16th scale version and it should be here tomorrow.
XJK07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Default exceed rc crawler

here are a few pics of my kids tenth shaftys.the pink and purplish are exceedcr tenth shaftys.the green ones are ax10s.the blue one is my ax10
Attached Images

creepr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
ok, so is it safe to say that this is pretty much an axial clone? can you replace everything with same part for an axial?
No it not safe to say parts do interchange
But you got to know what. If you look
Over in the axial section I did a write up
On the axle interchange
Old 12-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

Yes the axial parts are interchangeable, i just broke an axle on mine and i bought the axial front axles (driveshafts) and they worked great!! I also put an axial 55t motor on mine and it has much more torque and you can get more wheel speed alot faster than the stock 27t from exceed!
DustyfX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #57
caz

Default Axial CVD?

All,

I broke a front CVD and wondered if anyone has tried the Axial
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ax30464-...-2-p-1071.html

I do like this truck but have been replacing it part by part - it has been holding up ok till now. When the weather is warmer I will get some more outside time on it!

caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Yes the front cvd's/axial dogbones will fit in the exceed. Also you may want to check the plastic locker that they have and replace it right away with an alum axial one.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #59
Rock Stacker

I recently got the Maxstone 10, stripped the axle guards off, dremeled the pumpkins, siped the tires and cut the foams. To combat the TT I put a couple of spacers on the side it leaned to when crawling forward, and changed the shock oil to 45w. I also moved the electronics to the front axle. Seems to work pretty well. What wheels and tires to do guys reccomend for this crawler, and what about wheel weights?

Will the HB Rovers fit on the stock Maxstone wheels?

Last edited by CruisinMT; 04-19-2011 at 09:50 AM.
CruisinMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:15 AM   #60

Ive had mine for a while and put alot of money into it( could have bought a new axial ) It got alot more fun after i got rid of the body roll, and it did get me hooked on rc. now im in the trouble shooting stage converting it to a scx10. you can check out my maxstone 10 in action on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/spaniel3685
spaniel57 is offline   Reply With Quote