Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: my slow crawling course build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default my slow crawling course build

my dad has given me part of the back field to build a course.this will be a slow build as there is snow still on the ground, but the weather is starting to warm up so im trying to plow the snow out of the area so the snow will melt a little faster, than i can start building. once the course is built i will put up a fence to keep the animals out.

so right now the plan is to have a suspension bridge through the trees and over the fence, maybe a whoop section, mud section, maybe a fancy bridge those type of things. there will also be a rock pile too for a friend's ax10.

here's some pics showing the area i have to work with, i counted out a space thats 60-70ft long and 25ft wide.

in the last picture i kinda marked out the area with footprints.and its on both sides of the fence.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

thats a pretty good sze area you have there for alot of different obstacles.
all_scaled_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
RCC Addict

ya there's a fair amount of space.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The tree's will be nice for some creative obsticles. You could make some sections where you crawl up the tree's to a certain point. Cool spot!
sdmf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

crazy!
gatecreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
RCC Addict

i got some of my main bridge layed out, im going to run towards the fence just above the shovel to where a little nub is on the tree, wrap around the tree a bit over a few feet then down to just above the ground where another nub is on a tree then up over the fence then down. the spots that will be attached to the tree will be "solid" against the tree so i'll build a little platform for that.

its -15*C here right now so too cold to do anything... gotta go into town this morning and we are dropping off our racing mowers at the mall for a display.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

sounds good when the snow melt we can get rock from the pit and start to build going to need alot of rock to do cause the area is pretty big but it will be epic
9700trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
RCC Addict

youre one lucky kid, nice area to play
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #9
RCC Addict

yup. i can use the tractor and a trailer to get some rock, it wont all be just rocks though, there will be some trails, wood bridges and stuff.. ya its a fair decent size.... haha well i kinda just measured it out myself... hehe.. could probably get another 10-20 feet too if i wanted to but we'll see. i'll get it layed out and started first.

got plenty of time now that the mowers are at the mall for a week.. might end up going to alberta on wednesday with dad to see my new neice.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
RCC Addict

sorry there's been no updates... umm.. its snowing lately and i jsut got back from a visit to alberta.supposed to warm up in march so hoping to get lots done.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #11
RCC Addict

well mother nature has decided its going to snow a little more so not much happening with my course until most of the snow is gone. this gives me some time to re-vamp my honcho with a tube chassis, honcho axles, aluminum body, stock electronics, shocks etc.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #12
RCC Addict

alrightly well i was away for a couple of weeks and when i left there was a foot of snow got home today and there's no snow so now i can finally start on my crawler course.

going to rake the leaves and start gathering rocks tomorrow and i will get some new pictures of the ground im working with.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

cant wait to see what you come up with
all_scaled_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #14
RCC Addict

i sat around the house all day playing grand threft auto and i was going to go out tonight and rake some leaves but its raining. i might still do it.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

This is gonna be awesome, I'll keep an eye on you for sure. Lots of space there to work with. I have family down that way so if I make a trip down I will have to bring the trucks by to play.
MikeyBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

wow thats a lot you cool build a full 1/10 scale off road park !!!
k20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #17
RCC Addict

well even though it was raining a little bit i went out raked some leaves and moved some rocks that were lying around.. i found quite a few softball sized rocks around in the area also so i will use them as filler.

might take a trip to the gravel pit (300 yrds up the road) with the tractor and a little trailer and grab some rocks and gravel. also going to work on it tomorrow too and rake the other side so i will get some pictures then.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

hmmm might have to pop out this weekend some time the wife and kid are going back to the coast so I have the car and house to my self might be making a run to kelowna to see if they have the parts that I am looking have to phone lester to see if he has them first
9700trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9700trevor View Post
hmmm might have to pop out this weekend some time the wife and kid are going back to the coast so I have the car and house to my self might be making a run to kelowna to see if they have the parts that I am looking have to phone lester to see if he has them first
ya sounds good i will be around this weekend. bring my winch with ya. going to rake the leaves on the other side of the fence (still in my course area) and clean it up a bit today and i want to set my parts s10 up on blocks so i can crawl underneath and pull the tranny and bell housing. just trying to do some spring clean up and shit.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #20
RCC Addict

sorry didnt think the last post would post.