Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: my slow crawling course build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #81

I think I might try to make a course for my crawler this summer, just have to find a place. Your course turned out good, looks like fun.
ASG#930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

nice course! those are some friggin big ass rocks to be moving around. TWO THUMBS UP FOR AWESOMENESS!!
Elastokinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elastokinematic View Post
nice course! those are some friggin big ass rocks to be moving around. TWO THUMBS UP FOR AWESOMENESS!!
thanks guys!!! its nice to know that my course is going in the right direction. sorry for no updates lately but its been WAY too wet to do any outside crawling. its been raining all morning and our shop might flood this year so im going out to move some stuff. i'll try to get some pics of the fence today.

ya our 1950 ferguson tractor was grunting trying to drag them rocks across the field!!
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #84
RCC Addict

here's a picture of the fence and why i havent been crawling.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash23 View Post
i cant see the pics
i can see them just fine.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #86
RCC Addict

well dad came home from work with the flatdeck shop truck loaded full of pallets and some 4x4's. so once we pulled the pallets apart i scrounged through the pile that was heading to the burn barrel and grabbed a couple 2x4's and a bunch of 1x3's. so i am going to build a platform to attach the bottom part of my bridge this weekend.

the platform will be 18"x18" with 1x3's on the top and 3x3 posts to hold the whole up.there will be access to it on 3 sides, 2 sides will be a solid ramp and the other side will just be 2 rails because it'll be a challenge im going to put the rails directly across from the bridge. once i get it built it will make a little more sense, got the 1x3's marked out and ready to cut.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #87
RCC Addict

started building the platform for the bottom of the bridge and its turned out to be 16"x20" so its a real tight fit now... oh well!! i will get pics tonight or tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #88
RCC Addict

got the platform done and the 2 rails made just have to screw them onto the platform..

we went up to the gravel pit by my house for lunch, there's a ballpark and its the base of a mountain but there is a horseback riding event going on so i walked around and found a piss load of broken concrete and chunks of slabs. its friggin crawling heaven. so im going to put some gasoline in the ol' tractor clean off the lawnmower racing trailer (6'x12' single axle) and head up there this week and grab a couple loads of rocks and slabs.

i was kind of surprised to see some rocks there and i got excited!!
Old 05-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #89
RCC Addict

got some pics of my bottom platform that i whipped up yesterday. its nothing fancy but it should do the trick.

i was going to keep the grass cut and neatly trimmed but i think i might let it grow and just weedwack a couple trails through the grass. the grass should get over 12inces tall so it'll look cool.

^crawler is sitting on there lengthwise, didnt get any pics of it crossways.

^ this is the top, i was going to do a plywood top but then dad brought some 1x3's home and i thought this way it would look a little cooler, the 2 other platforms that will be attached to the trees will also have this design for the top.

^in the above 2 pictures the rails will be screwed into the end not sitting on top like they are in the pics.

i took the palm sander to it quickly and sanded the top and the edges that face out on the posts. i have like 3 more 10'(?) lengths of those 3"x3" posts, so if ya'll have any suggestions then lets hear them.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Default where i've been and what i've been doing

hey sorry guys, the internet here has been really friggin slow and found out it was the modem that was dying and it wouldnt load RCC but we just got another one today.

the water has finally gone away, got lucky again this year and the shop did not flood. scored some more pallets so i have an idea for one of them and going to build a little log cabin with a scale fire pit with rocks and actual sticks just for fun. also put a real firepit in the course area and last thursday i was sitting around it having a fire and a few beers and splitting kindling(?) for it and got my hand with the axe.... damn off to the hospital for 5 stitches.

what else... did some lawnmower racing and blew up my engine so i've been busy with that and i decided to change my mower for the modified class (16hp V-Twin) and put a transaxle under it so it will be a 4 speed instead of a direct drive.

should be around more often now maybe not so much this weekend but next week i should be.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #91
RCC Addict

added a couple chunks of concrete and made a ramp to go between the trees. the grass is also close to knee height now so im going to put my log section on pallets then trim the grass around it. i was looking at the trees around our house (in my course area and along the river) and there is a piss load of willow branches that i could use then was looking at the trees in the course area and i think i can come up with enough sticks to make a real tree branch roof.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #92
RCC Addict

put the log pile on some pallets and ran it a couple times... its not too bad but kinda of boring and easy, might have to tangle the logs a little bit... got a bunch willows and starting to split them in half and ready for gluing.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #93
RCC Addict

its been raining lots lately so havent gotten much done, have a couple of 1:1 trucks i have to cut apart then help my aunt move this weekend then the next weekend after we are having a family bbq.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #94
RCC Addict

got a couple more concrete chunks for the course so hopefully i can get them washed and in place tonight or tomorrow and get some pics.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #95
RCC Addict

nothing been going on with it lately, been too damn hot and busy racing mowers. we got 3 weekends in a row for racing then got a month till the next one so hoping to move some rocks around.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Looks fun! Mower racing? Lol sounds crazy.
pitcher2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #97
RCC Addict

yup mower racing.took the orange and black one racing this weekend and didnt place in the first heat but the second heat i won it.
here's my mowers.
start up of the John Deere racing mower
Old 09-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #98
RCC Addict

well picked up 15 tennis balls for some gates for the course. so this afternoon will be spent cutting and marking tennis balls haha
Old 09-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #99
RCC Addict

so havent added pics in a while but i will right now.got the tennis balls cut in half (used the band saw) and im just drawing the arrows and numbers on them. so once these are done they are going on the course.

the inside of a tennis ball!!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #100
RCC Addict

well its starting to get cold outside now, had frost a couple of days ago and -3*C and unfortunately i was gonna set up a course to run in my crawling course but had to help the parents shovel make garlic beds for planting.. a.k.a- helluva lot of shovelling cow crap and dirt... of course its raining today.. all day... and supposed to rain until thursday..

really wanting to use the course this winter and make some trails and have been thinking about some lights too.. might just have to buck up and venture out into the rain... booo!!! haha..