Notices

Thread: Indoor Crawler Course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Indoor Crawler Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by electraglidebiker View Post
That's a pretty sweet course for sure AX10wannabe. But I can tell you, unless I have to, I will not be hauling rock into my house. I deal with rock on a daily basis. Besides, I have WM's basement rocks. I want something very challenging, and easily changed. But I do like and would love to crawl your budies course.
well if you like my buddies course than you'll love mine... at my house i got about 40,000lbs of rock layed out.

also... i've been floating around the idea of an indoor test course myself using a sheet of plywood, bricks, rocks etc and than spraying foam over top and carving it out to make valleys and stuff.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Update : I'm getting a collection of milk crates started. Soon I'll be plastering them and have the start to my indoor crawler course.
electraglidebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

milk crates or wood boxes nicely finished with stucco, cement, fiberglass, etc. in a modular way would be the way to go if it were me. Nicely painted and detailed, lightweight, easy to change and make dozens of different courses. draw on squared paper a course and just build it like a puzzle you can interlock in different ways with some pieces having the course on the flat sides and some on the corners (or both and you can rotate one in relation to the others) It's neater and you won't have something inside your house that looks like a trash pile or is super heavy to move. If it turns out nice enough (almost diorama like) you could always sell it later if you want to move on to something else.

Last edited by 2WheelFlyer; 03-12-2013 at 04:17 PM.
2WheelFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelFlyer View Post
milk crates or wood boxes nicely finished with stucco, cement, fiberglass, etc. in a modular way would be the way to go if it were me. You could always sell it later if you want to move on to something else.
Amen 2WheelFlyer. That is my goal, I figure to have a decent courde I need about 150 crates to start. I have 5 so far, 145 more to go. The good news is that I plow snow for the local Dairy (Milk Processing facility) and they have tons of them. The bad news is that I can't bring myself to "take" (steal) them. It just isn't in my genetic make up. I did talk to them about them and it was almost like a set up. They said "The good crates are out back in those storage trailers, the security cameras are here and here and no one works on Saturdays so the place is ripe for the picking" but when I heard that it sounded like an invitation for trouble. I'll keep aquiring them and post pictures when I have some what of a course started. I plan on using plaster gauze like they makes casts out of.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Well, I am off to a start. I never realized how hard it is to find milk crates. Seems like everybody has them but me, and they all want to keep storing their useless junk in them that they haven't needed for years. Hello!!!!!!! I have cash and will pay for decent milk crates people, you all stole them so it isn't like your out anything anyway. Well, here is the stockpile thus far. 139 more to go.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Getting closer. I will be ordering plaster very soon so I can get started on a course. I am just trying to get the basic layout in my head and then it will happen. Sorry about the bad picture. I haven't gotten the new lighting up yet. Course first, lighting second.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

At least you have your priorities straight.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Check out this milk crate course. Made from milk crates, cereal/pizza boxes, and dental plaster with sand mixed in. I did not make these. They were made by one of our club members a few years ago and have been passed around the club and have now ended up with me. The best thing is they can be easily moved around to change up the course. My buddy has another pickup truck load of plain crates I need to get so I can make some steep climbs and decents.

TedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedBull View Post
Check out this milk crate course. Made from milk crates, cereal/pizza boxes, and dental plaster with sand mixed in.
This is exactly what I am going for. I have 13 more crates to pick up tomorrow. I saw the idea here, very similar to what you have if not the same crates. Thank you for sharing!!!! I have a sizable basement and am looking for about 150 crates to start out with.

Tags
artificial rock course, indoor course

Indoor Crawler Course - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indoor Crawler Course dirtmonkey263 Tools, and Procedures 13 12-04-2011 08:43 PM
New Indoor Crawler Course... Cleaner General Crawlers 32 01-25-2011 10:10 PM
Indoor crawler course Wasilla Ak alaskancrawler Alaska 0 12-26-2009 01:24 PM
Indoor Crawler Course How-To run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 03-09-2007 05:52 AM
Indoor Crawler Course INVINCIBLE General Crawlers 20 01-02-2006 05:45 PM