Notices

Thread: Boom Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #41

Default Re: Boom Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsiaTeesHobbies View Post
Hey guys.

So I just wanted to chime in that ATees is really close with Boom Racing, and that they'd like to make it incredibly clear on their stance for their products.

They know that there are going to be some people who don't enjoy them as much as other brands, and they understand that. All they'd like is a chance. If it still doesn't hold up to expectations, let them know why. They're willing to improve on parts if people have issues with them. One thing they've personally looked into is the leaking issues. Most customers don't seem to have leakage issues, or to the degree that some people's had them, but the minute we told them of the leaking issue, they went to work right away to try to fix it.

Not everyone's going to love them. They understand that, and they'll continue to try their best to change that. But they're trying hard to dispel the notion that all Chinese brands are crap. 'Cause they really aren't. There's lots of good stuff that comes out as well.

Just figured I'd give my thoughts on it. The scale crawler community is one that both ATees and Boom Racing highly respects because of how dedicated and friendly the people are. Anything we can do to support the community and keep it growing is a-okay in our books.
A lot of us realize that not every Chinese brands are crap. Those that don't are just too closed minded.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2015, 03:15 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Boom racing is cheap knockoff junk. I bought several sets of tc wheels and 1 set of shocks 2 sets of wheels had the center holes off center and one set literally exploded after a wall rub. The shocks while pretty were very sloppy and all of the fluid had leaked out in the packaging and after being rebuilt they still wouldn't hold oil. Ive had good luck with 3racing products but even mention on Integy makes me sick. back in the maxx days when I was a hobbyshop employee people would build entire rigs with integy stuff and proceed to bend it like a pretzel or bring us arms with misdrilled or missing holes. While I don't think you need to spend vanquish money on parts(they are crazy nice tough) cough up a couple extra bucks and buy better stuff
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooba View Post
Boom racing is cheap knockoff junk.
Well sir... I respectfully disagree.
I am wondering while someone like yourselves who seems to be familair in the business buys several sets instead of a few to try them.
Also keep in mind that on the internet many people like to complain. All the others (and there are many) are just satisfied. Off course one can have bad luck. Sure... But i belong to the few who had expensive Tekin motors go up in flames. Am i going against the grain now? I know people who had bad luck with VP. Stepping on toes here? The o so holy brands....
No, i do not have shares in Boomracing. But i notice that they really care about their customers and just because they are Chinese, some would like to kick on them.
I live in the Netherlands. When i had an issue with Axial, Tekin or VP, warranty would not apply because i live in Europe. How's that for customer service?
MaFoDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:56 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

now I cant afford vp ,but I do buy from strc axail rc4wd and mip . and if the part doesn't move like a bumper ,droop or lift extensions I will buy from a Chinese company , Because I just cant trust that I will be able to play with my rig otherwise . I don't have a lot of play time . so when I get it I want to enjoy it not fight with my kings shocks lol most of us who have them know what im talking about .
fullsizecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 02:50 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Some of their stuff isn't going to have the quality of VP, RC4WD, GCM, SSD or other high-end manufacturers, but other stuff is just fine. Their Jeep Wrangler body has among the best combinations of scale accuracy, durability and features that I've ever seen at any price point.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 04:22 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFoDes View Post
But i notice that they really care about their customers and just because they are Chinese, some would like to kick on them.
I live in the Netherlands. When i had an issue with Axial, Tekin or VP, warranty would not apply because i live in Europe. How's that for customer service?
Every business has a financial model beyond which they cannot go be it chinese or any western brand. Its not that you as a customer are not important to Axial, Tekin or VP, infact customers are important to any business, but the problem must likely be international postage charges, time , custom duty etc. Have you tried asking them why they do not warranty their products in Europe?

No one kicks on anyone because they are from a particular country in this case. That is a blunt statement.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Boom Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boom Racing parts??? RABIDFOX Chit Chat 118 11-19-2017 04:20 PM
Boom Racing wheels Jeckler Chit Chat 13 05-30-2016 08:49 PM
Boom racing G2rebel Vaterra Twin Hammers 16 01-15-2016 03:10 PM