Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Axial SCX10.2 Raw Builder's Kit.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #41
Sr. Product Developer

Default Re: Axial SCX10.2 Raw Builder's Kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Oh I believe it's been planned for a while, but was yesterday the scheduled announcement day from the start? If so that is quite the coincidence. But I wouldn't be surprised if you said the announcement date was moved up.

Can you comment about the shocks? Will Axial ever get good shocks? And are there any new Ascenders on the horizon (no pun intended)? Or will it be relegated to your mid range truck between the Axial and ECX?
This one actually nailed the announce date dead nuts...or Developer Randall did an awesome job of keeping this one on track.

We have a lot of steps in our process before a product can ship and there are usually bumps in the road that force things out on ship dates etc but this one stay right on track....I know its only my word but FWIW it's true.

In regards to the shocks, we know there is room for improvement. It's pretty cool that we all work together and can share info between the brands. TLR makes some pretty killer race shocks so i wouldn't be surprised if some of that design is shared with future products..Axial included.

This being said, we included the molded shocks since most "kit" builders will want to use their own shocks for their builds. Rather than include a material that cost more to produce and share that cost with the consumer, we figure molded would be the best direction to go.

As for the Vaterra....well, as i always say...I'd rather keep my job than give up info...so unfortunately i can't share our strategies

Axial has had their hands ties for a long time while being owned by Hobbico, now that they are part of Horizon, those hands have been untied. Still going to take some time to see all of this but trust me there is a very cool future ahead for the Axial brand.
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #42
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
The funny thing is, at least from what I see, is that since Horizon acquired Axial some marketing ideas have already been shuffled back and forth. The last Vaterra release was the equivalent of the typical axial with more plastic pieces. This Axial release contains the metal links allowing variable wheelbases and metal gears, Something Vaterra characteristically started doing awhile back.
Actually the Suburban was always in the plan to go against the Deadbolt and lower cost Axial vehicles. Axial has only been part of HH for 6 months now? All these releases this year were already planned long before HH acquired Hobbico.

Just to clear that up.

Rich
Old 10-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #43
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Will there be a SCX10.2 + Ascender love child? (with the best genes passed on)
LOL...No, you wont be seeing an Ascender chassis with a floating battery tray and Axial axles and trans but the cool thing is that we can share our ideas together to bring even better products to the market
Old 10-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post

Axial has had their hands ties for a long time while being owned by Hobbico, now that they are part of Horizon, those hands have been untied. Still going to take some time to see all of this but trust me there is a very cool future ahead for the Axial brand.
That's good to hear. I've got a variety of brands, and I mostly like them all, so any improvements a brand can make is welcome.

Let's see what Axial can do with their hands untied.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:55 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
LOL...No, you wont be seeing an Ascender chassis with a floating battery tray and Axial axles and trans but the cool thing is that we can share our ideas together to bring even better products to the market
Axials kits using Ascender plastic compounds?
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #46

Quote:
This one actually nailed the announce date dead nuts...or Developer Randall did an awesome job of keeping this one on track.

We have a lot of steps in our process before a product can ship and there are usually bumps in the road that force things out on ship dates etc but this one stay right on track....I know its only my word but FWIW it's true.

In regards to the shocks, we know there is room for improvement. It's pretty cool that we all work together and can share info between the brands. TLR makes some pretty killer race shocks so i wouldn't be surprised if some of that design is shared with future products..Axial included.

This being said, we included the molded shocks since most "kit" builders will want to use their own shocks for their builds. Rather than include a material that cost more to produce and share that cost with the consumer, we figure molded would be the best direction to go.

As for the Vaterra....well, as i always say...I'd rather keep my job than give up info...so unfortunately i can't share our strategies

I wasn't questioning the truthfulness of your post of your integrity. Sorry if it came off that way. Just by your dealings on here and other forms of social media I believe you'd leave something unsaid rather than lie about it. I believe what you say.

Yes, TLR makes awesome shocks. Even the stock Ascender shocks are good so I know your company has the ability to make great shocks. I think more people would happily leave the stock Axial shocks if they were good like the Traxxas TRX-4 for example. But I understand your stance on the inclusion of the stock SCX10 shocks.

I know you can't usually say much, but it never hurts to ask, right?

I'm sure Axial has a good future ahead. I'm more worried about the future of the Ascender. Killing off that truck would be a shame. In a lot of ways it is better than the SCX10.

The best thing that Horizon could do to the Axial products is to trash their plastic formula and fill the Axial molds with Vaterra plastics. I know a lot of people agree on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Axials kits using Ascender plastic compounds?
See, Rich, I told you I'm not the only one!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial SCX10.2 Raw Builder's Kit. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10-II Raw Builder's Kit 4RunnerKid Axial SCX10 II 60 03-02-2019 11:29 PM
ECX Barrrage Builder's Kit Thread Mongol Pete 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 12-04-2017 11:07 AM
Axial SCX10 Dingo Builder's Kit Unboxing! Zealot RC Videos! 0 12-03-2015 04:58 PM
Axial SCX10 kit vs Vaterra Ascender K5 Kit darkghost92 Newbie General 26 05-05-2015 01:04 AM
New Guy Buying Scx-10 "Builder's Kit" Barzano.Racing Newbie General 10 11-15-2011 08:17 PM