Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What are they coming out with, C2X ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What are they coming out with, C2X ??

Not too shabby looking, I like it!
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2019, 09:36 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Ok feeling pretty good about my element right about now lol

At 500 this made me check the calendar to see if was April 1st.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:48 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

RC everyday just posted a video, he's a purely scale/custom builder not as much of a performance/crawler guy BTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpdO07Vf1Wk
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:31 AM   #44

Plastic bumper - seriously?
I would rather go with CrossRC SG Demon for that price.
wermart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:38 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermart View Post
Plastic bumper - seriously?
I would rather go with CrossRC SG Demon for that price.
Not if you want a good rig. I had an sg4-c and it was hot garbage. Junk axles, junk shocks, horrendous geometry etc etc.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:51 AM   #46
RCC Addict

This thing looks like it could actually be a decent performer with a few minor tweaks. Anybody add up how many sorrca points it has out of the box?
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:18 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Wow, they really phoned in the design of that bed. Using a 4dr cab is meh, but that bed really shows how lazy they got while "designing from the ground up".
Up'n'Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:10 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Changed my mind after looking at the 2nd vid like he said scx10 has plastic axles and it’s been around forever . I’m seriously thinking about giving it a shot

https://youtu.be/ZbR4h0kM2Nk
sb4pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:26 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
https://youtu.be/H_dJGKgSKcA

RC Driver. Very thorough.
That's a very informative video review, thanks for posting the link!

At the beginning, I was worried he was going to go really easy on it - but he drove it HARD, and even flipped it while submerged, and then talks about what could be improved...

I could be swayed into picking one of these up - never had a hardbody, and it's appearance is growing on me, especially after watching it running all over different kinds of terrain. Just change that front bumper!

Oh, and there are decals included to make the bed sorta look metal, though I figure it would be even neater as fake wood.

Hmmm... since it's plastic, you could even scribe it with an Xacto blade and make it look like strips, then cut some fake wood decals in matching strips and lay them on there, maybe?

Or just lay diamond-plate sheet over it, whatever.

I am allowing myself possibly 1 more rig this year. Not definitely going to get one more, just possibly...

Going to kick back and wait to see how everything goes with all that is coming out for the holiday shopping season, and am paying close attention to product reviews, no impulse buys this time.

Not so sure I want a Capra, wondering about the plastic portal housing strength and still not sure I want a Shorty pack limitation. I am liking it's appearance a little less the more I look at it, mainly the droop-nose with all the space under it from the side. Becoming more of a scale enthusiast and less interested in ultimate crawling performance, I guess.

Last edited by durok; 09-16-2019 at 01:57 PM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:41 AM   #50

I'm leery of the first batch of YouTube "reviews". They probably got free trucks in exchange for favorable reviews.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'm leery of the first batch of YouTube "reviews". They probably got free trucks in exchange for favorable reviews.
Send me one and I'll be so honest they cut ties with me.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Send me one and I'll be so honest they cut ties with me.
I'd like to see you do a review of one with 6S.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:41 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'd like to see you do a review of one with 6S.
Nah, that's just killing the rig it doesn't prove it's good or bad.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:23 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Nah, that's just killing the rig it doesn't prove it's good or bad.
Start off slow and then grand finale.

Unless RC3WD has done a complete 180 (doubtful) I don't think it would be hard to prove that it's not good.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:07 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

I'd rather have this than a Marlin, any day - and plenty of people bought those - at the same price.

All hardbody rigs are expensive.

Again, I'm aware of its limitations - but it isn't a direct competitor against anything but another hardbody release.

Crap battery - not gonna get used, anyway. Mediocre RTR electronics - them, not either. Wheels and tires, not bad at all, but I have my favorites all ready to go.

It isn't a perfect package, but what RTR is? Easily fixed, though...

I have never owned a hardbody, and I would prefer this (as it's my favorite generation of the HiLux body) to any other hardbody.

Everyone is talking about picking up the Capra because it's "different" - well, I agree - but if you're like me and never had a hardbody, hell - it's "different", too.

I'll try to think of a 1:1 example... ummm...

Huh - don't really need to do anything but think of 1:1 versions of these releases.

An old Toyota modded a bit for crawling versus a purpose-built portal-axled tube-framed rock crawling race buggy.

That Toyota isn't going to win any competitions against rigs anything along those lines in the real world, either.

Different strokes for different folks.

My biggest concern is if I want to deal with unscrewing 4 screws for every battery swap or charge...

I still consider this an option for purchase this year.

It's like buying a (somewhat pricey, I'll admit) restored vintage classic!

(and if I want to crawl the heck out of somethin', my Bomber with a 4S powering the Revolver 1400kv and 6" tires will conquer practically everything in my area)
Old 09-17-2019, 10:39 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I'd rather have this than a Marlin, any day - and plenty of people bought those - at the same price.

All hardbody rigs are expensive.

Again, I'm aware of its limitations - but it isn't a direct competitor against anything but another hardbody release.

Crap battery - not gonna get used, anyway. Mediocre RTR electronics - them, not either. Wheels and tires, not bad at all, but I have my favorites all ready to go.

It isn't a perfect package, but what RTR is? Easily fixed, though...

I have never owned a hardbody, and I would prefer this (as it's my favorite generation of the HiLux body) to any other hardbody.

Everyone is talking about picking up the Capra because it's "different" - well, I agree - but if you're like me and never had a hardbody, hell - it's "different", too.

I'll try to think of a 1:1 example... ummm...

Huh - don't really need to do anything but think of 1:1 versions of these releases.

An old Toyota modded a bit for crawling versus a purpose-built portal-axled tube-framed rock crawling race buggy.

That Toyota isn't going to win any competitions against rigs anything along those lines in the real world, either.

Different strokes for different folks.

My biggest concern is if I want to deal with unscrewing 4 screws for every battery swap or charge...

I still consider this an option for purchase this year.

It's like buying a (somewhat pricey, I'll admit) restored vintage classic!

(and if I want to crawl the heck out of somethin', my Bomber with a 4S powering the Revolver 1400kv and 6" tires will conquer practically everything in my area)
I love my Marlin! It’s an absolute hoot to drive and I’ve surprised many a TRX4 phanboi with it.

I agree that $500.00 is too much and the RTR electronics are bottom of the barrel.

And a battery from the 1990s?

Keep the crappy electronics, keep grandpa’s battery tech, and sell it to me as a kit for say $399.00 and I’d have one on pre-order.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:42 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I just realized something else - I believe I could sling my new SSD Pro44 axles under the C2X at any point, if I wanted to. They are built with the silver aluminum diff covers, Axial universals and other internals, aluminum link mounts, and the heavy metal tubes. Still have plastic c-hubs and knuckles, but I could go so far as brass knucks and aluminum c-hubs later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I love my Marlin! It’s an absolute hoot to drive and I’ve surprised many a TRX4 phanboi with it.

I agree that $500.00 is too much and the RTR electronics are bottom of the barrel.

And a battery from the 1990s?

Keep the crappy electronics, keep grandpa’s battery tech, and sell it to me as a kit for say $399.00 and I’d have one on pre-order.
Great to hear how you feel about your Marlin...

(but) I don't like red, don't want a full hardbody truck bed, don't like the wheels, or the tires. Otherwise the Marlin is fine...

I think I mentioned before that I would ideally prefer the standard cab over the quad cab, but I am getting used to it. I also really like the big front fender arches that come on the C2X.

My ultimate purchase version would be a kit with the single cab with large fender openings, and maybe one of the CCHand utility or tube frame back halfs, and no wheels, tires, or electronics.

Reaper back half works on SCX10 II or TF2 - shown on SCX10 II below:

Utility-style:

But the CCHand stuff is serious money...

I suppose I could just build a rig using select RC4WD hardbody parts.. wonder if I could use my Vanquish VS4-10 chassis?

Delirium setting in.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:00 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Are you hearing what you're saying? Change all of the electronics, axles, tires/wheels, and 1/2 of the body? Sounds like you might be better served with a 10.2 kit (or similar) with a Mojave cab, C2X front fenders, and a Proline bed cage. Probably be right around the same pricepoint as the rtr C2X all said and done.

Don't get me wrong, I was in the minority, but I thought RC4WD was on the right path (something a bit more scale for class 2) when they released the Terrain rtr, but it ended up a flop. The C2X has even less scale axles (and plastic at that) and 1/2 of a hardbody for even more money ($120 more) so I don't know why they think sales will be different this time?

If you like the truck, go for it, but I don't see why you'd want to buy a $500 rtr just for the front fenders (over simplification, I know) and a run of the mill chassis, while intending to scrap the rest. Kinda like buying the whole Barbie, just to get her new purse.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:35 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Are you hearing what you're saying? Change all of the electronics, axles, tires/wheels, and 1/2 of the body? Sounds like you might be better served with a 10.2 kit (or similar) with a Mojave cab, C2X front fenders, and a Proline bed cage. Probably be right around the same pricepoint as the rtr C2X all said and done.

Don't get me wrong, I was in the minority, but I thought RC4WD was on the right path (something a bit more scale for class 2) when they released the Terrain rtr, but it ended up a flop. The C2X has even less scale axles (and plastic at that) and 1/2 of a hardbody for even more money ($120 more) so I don't know why they think sales will be different this time?

If you like the truck, go for it, but I don't see why you'd want to buy a $500 rtr just for the front fenders (over simplification, I know) and a run of the mill chassis, while intending to scrap the rest. Kinda like buying the whole Barbie, just to get her new purse.
You did see where I stated "I suppose I could just build a rig using select RC4WD hardbody parts.. wonder if I could use my Vanquish VS4-10 chassis?"

I was up far too late, and my mind was definitely wandering away from itself.

Posting without a filter was the problem...

And I have been browsing the Toyota hardbody shells since.

Last edited by durok; 09-18-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:47 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
4 setcrews will solve your problem... ;)
noname0383 is offline   Reply With Quote

What are they coming out with, C2X ?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COMING SOON the NEW Cross-Rc upgrades coming soon!!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-10-2019 05:38 PM
Our up and coming course fsadvar Colorado 3 04-22-2014 06:58 PM
It's coming.... JohnRobHolmes Chit Chat 16 02-14-2006 10:42 PM