Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: New Toyota FJ body scaler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2016, 01:49 PM   #261
I joined the Band!

Default Re: New Toyota FJ body scaler

No, Nvidia is better!! Wait, wrong forum. Sorry guys.
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #262

I see what you did there... Truck looks sweet, I like the FJ personally. Can't wait for the deets!
buysomerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:11 AM   #263
Quarry Creeper

I personally love what ive seen so far, a rtr mix of scx and tf2. Woud i like cvd's in the front? Sure. Will i cry if they dont include it? No. Im sure they cant throw all the godies on a rtr, woud probably be priced to high for many people intr in it then.

The kit (if they release one) shoud have cvd's as standard imo.
Rcdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #264
I wanna be Dave

I like what I've seen so far, if they did all the upgrades it would be no fun to tinker on.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #265

I hope HPI brings on more scale vehicles I love the nitro savage I have but I hopr they are not to late to this game. I think they will do a great job and hopefully release alot of cool bodies for it.
Phant0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:51 PM   #266
Nope..

My only question is why you guys refuse to just use a normal slipper? The WK had that stupid gear slipper thing in the tranny that would immediately blow up when you put power to it and now this savage slipper thing that is "basically locked" when tightened down. If we do have to mess with it the slipper doesn't look easily accessible either unless I'm missing something.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #267

Damn. I just bought an ascender bronco. Need this now too. No release date?
1esotericguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:32 AM   #268
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstain View Post
My only question is why you guys refuse to just use a normal slipper? The WK had that stupid gear slipper thing in the tranny that would immediately blow up when you put power to it and now this savage slipper thing that is "basically locked" when tightened down. If we do have to mess with it the slipper doesn't look easily accessible either unless I'm missing something.
the slipper looks like it has a spring with a nut that keeps tension on it just like a normal slipper. i would assume it is adjustable. i think what thad was saying is you can tighten the nut all the way down to basically lock the trans for those that want it.
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:15 PM   #269
Nope..

So like I said.. Just use a normal spur slipper and quit screwing with all this other crap.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:28 PM   #270
Quarry Creeper

I've been wanting an hpi rally car - except I can't buy one there are none for sale anywhere (electric). They have a new version coming out in a month or so, but I got a traxxas instead. The fact that the company cannot keep up with simple demand worries me that they wont be around later and I will lose support for it.
Habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #271
Quarry Creeper

hope fully it will take off and more bodies to come to fit it. it looks great and the layout seems to be what every one wants or trys to make in there rigs, hpi parts supply sucks world wide but if they can get enough of these rigs out there quick and repair parts to keep them going come out they should be onto a winner.
steven318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #272
I wanna be Dave

It could be the hail Mary pass they need. My birthday is coming soon just maby it will be out in time.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:15 AM   #273
Rock Crawler

Anyone else notice the similarities between this and the Gelande 2? Check out the motor and servo mounting positions. The use of a transfer case and clamp on single shear link and shock mounts.

honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:39 AM   #274
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by honchojoe View Post
Anyone else notice the similarities between this and the Gelande 2? Check out the motor and servo mounting positions. The use of a transfer case and clamp on single shear link and shock mounts.
Well, they are both trying to replicate real trucks with the motor in the front and power being split via a transfer case. There aren't that many ways to accomplish this so the layout is bound to look similar.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:53 AM   #275
I wanna be Dave

Another way to see it is good parts hunting ideas.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #276
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I know what you mean. I was standing next to a complete stranger the other day and noticed they had 2 arms, 2 legs, and a head just like me. I was like WTF!
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #277
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Whoa, slow down. Are you saying the Venture shares similar characteristics of a scale 4WD vehicle?

That's the point.

Why is everyone comparing this to Axial or RC4WD? What about Tamiya, the Bruiser came out 20 years before those guys made a scale kit. There's really only so much that can be accomplished with tiny trucks. You can't completely reinvent the wheel here. Only minor tweaks of things can be done. Of course it's going to have a center mounted transmission or a front mounted transmission with a transfer case. Its not ripping off anyone. It's also likely going to have a C channel chassis although FJ Cruisers are boxed, but they also don't have a solid front axle...Anyway, not the point. There will also be shocks and driveshafts and wheels. That's also common on 4WD vehicles.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:45 AM   #278
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
Whoa, slow down. Are you saying the Venture shares similar characteristics of a scale 4WD vehicle?

That's the point.

Why is everyone comparing this to Axial or RC4WD? What about Tamiya, the Bruiser came out 20 years before those guys made a scale kit. There's really only so much that can be accomplished with tiny trucks. You can't completely reinvent the wheel here. Only minor tweaks of things can be done. Of course it's going to have a center mounted transmission or a front mounted transmission with a transfer case. Its not ripping off anyone. It's also likely going to have a C channel chassis although FJ Cruisers are boxed, but they also don't have a solid front axle...Anyway, not the point. There will also be shocks and driveshafts and wheels. That's also common on 4WD vehicles.
Kev's Bench: All Scale Trucks Are The Same But Completely Different - RC Car Action
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #279
Rock Crawler

Lol overreaction much people. Just making an observation. It's a good thing. RC4WD make good gear. Also people complained about the use of single shear mounts but it's obviously used by others without issue.
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:25 PM   #280
RCC Addict

I for one was stoke to see something different. I thought their method of going about the motor to transfer case was super smooth and clean. Behind the axle steering with a panhard? A rtr that leaves gobs of room for an interior? RC4wd also isn't in nearly the # of stores as HPI, they're kind of a 'boutique' brand so it's hard to even compare. The only thing that i saw as a 'con' were the fugly tires. Other than that, from the wheely king, to this. Excellent job HPI! Another major manufacturer still hasn't figured out the motor to tcase. Way to be ahead of the field. Just my .02

Last edited by dirk379; 02-05-2016 at 05:29 PM.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote

New Toyota FJ body scaler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
metal body toyota scaler build mcrawlinslow 1.5 Scale Rigs 27 09-06-2014 07:11 PM