Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #1001
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

Looking at these photos just made me wonder, do you have to be from gen-x or older generation (acknowledging that there are exceptions) to remember how to have fun outdoors and to play with toys you can actually touch. Sadly we don't have children of our own to pass this on to, so I am glad when I run across a thread from "Dad" getting his kid interested in RC!!

Trying to find a 1st Gen Tacoma (short bed, single cab) body so I can make a 1/10 copy of my wife daily driver, having ZERO luck.

Last edited by edjo69; 01-23-2019 at 11:52 PM.
edjo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2019, 08:35 PM   #1002
Quarry Creeper

I'd love to find a 1st Gen Tundra body to replicate my 2002 1:1. But I've never seen anything but the newer Tundras done in RC.
boldfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:28 PM   #1003
Quarry Creeper

Not a lot of action here in this thread lately. The Barrage was my first scale crawler, and has definitely proven to be a gateway drug. In a short span of time, I have picked up a SCX10-II Deadbolt RTR, and I'm currently building a TRX-4 Sport kit. But I still love my Barrage.

I put a RGT Rock Cruiser (FJ40 clone) body on and did some trail running with my son and my SCX10-II.

We are lucky to have access to a great indoor crawling course at a local hobby shop when we can't hit the trails or rocks outside.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:53 PM   #1004
I wanna be Dave

@boldfin those local spots look amazing. where in socal are you?
my son got a barrage for his first truck at age 9 (almost 11 now). we still drive the barrage with the same 1.55 pitbull tires on gearhead wheels and the stock spools are still holding up and nothing else has broken aside from the stock servo failure and the front wishbone link popping out.
looking into redcat spools soon and maybe a new body that would be more in scale with our other 1:10 trucks.

that FJ body looks great, and what rock sliders are those?

*found a pic of my son's barrage from Proline last year

Last edited by Shinchu; 03-27-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #1005
Quarry Creeper

Those are the RC4WD Z-S1371 Rampage Side Guards for Trail Finder 2 SWB.

I'm in the southern end of Ventura County / Simi Valley area. We are fortunate to have some great crawling spots right here in town.

BTW - I bought tickets to PLBTF, so maybe we can meet in person there if you're planning on being there again. (Your enthusiastic posts about the event inspired me to go) I will probably bring my son too.

I have also had pretty good luck with the durability of my Barrage, despite the hard runs I put on it regularly. I did bend one front axle stub after a particularly bad tumble while attempting to hang with a bunch of my buddies who have fully-built comp rigs as they were climbing up a near vertical wall. But I just bent the axle stub back, and miraculously, it didn't even need replacement. I bought a set of the Redcat metal connect boxes, but so far haven't needed to install them.

The sickness has fully taken hold... I recently bought another rig - a RGT Bowler - the so-called V.3 version of the Barrage. I have plans to reconfigure that rig a bit, with a 540-motor conversion and portal-axles to make it more like a real Jeep Mighty FC. I don't really know exactly how I'm doing that yet, but I'm game to find out.

It's been a ton of fun figuring all this stuff out so far. It's been a lot easier thanks to everyone who posted up tips about how to get more out of these rigs!
Old 03-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #1006
I wanna be Dave

Dirty Steve was out gett'n after as soon as the weather broke! Rip'n, Roost'n, Crawlin' and basically giving zero F--ks! The a-hole managed to bungle the rock crossing at the creek and ended up upside down in the creek. Drunkin idiot couldn't get his 4 point harness undone - good thing I was there to fish him out and right his rig.

He was definitely jacked to check out the new trails and features I started adding too. I told him there's a long way to go until it's complete, but he gave me the .
Attached Images

mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:34 PM   #1007
Pebble Pounder

Everyone's Barrages look great on this page!

Do we not have the like button anymore?

My Barrage needs new four-links, which are still in storage, so I'm off having fun with my TRX Slash Raptor. Speed is addicting. I'm off to roost some dirt tomorrow.
Xrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:36 PM   #1008
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldfin View Post
Those are the RC4WD Z-S1371 Rampage Side Guards for Trail Finder 2 SWB.

I'm in the southern end of Ventura County / Simi Valley area. We are fortunate to have some great crawling spots right here in town.

BTW - I bought tickets to PLBTF, so maybe we can meet in person there if you're planning on being there again. (Your enthusiastic posts about the event inspired me to go) I will probably bring my son too.

I have also had pretty good luck with the durability of my Barrage, despite the hard runs I put on it regularly. I did bend one front axle stub after a particularly bad tumble while attempting to hang with a bunch of my buddies who have fully-built comp rigs as they were climbing up a near vertical wall. But I just bent the axle stub back, and miraculously, it didn't even need replacement. I bought a set of the Redcat metal connect boxes, but so far haven't needed to install them.

The sickness has fully taken hold... I recently bought another rig - a RGT Bowler - the so-called V.3 version of the Barrage. I have plans to reconfigure that rig a bit, with a 540-motor conversion and portal-axles to make it more like a real Jeep Mighty FC. I don't really know exactly how I'm doing that yet, but I'm game to find out.

It's been a ton of fun figuring all this stuff out so far. It's been a lot easier thanks to everyone who posted up tips about how to get more out of these rigs!
Boldfin, I just picked up a new Yeah Racing rebuildable brushed 540 motor on Amain.com for $16.99. I highly recommend it! Make sure you have some motor wires because you'll need them for the motor.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:43 PM   #1009

More development on my Barrage. Just finished the design of these fender flares for my MAN cab. I picked up a Markforged 3D printer so now I'm offering printing services too. These are first designs that I'll be selling. Material is carbon fiber reinforced nylon (tough and stiff).

Let me know if you guys have anything else our trucks could use. I have CAD capability and plenty of material

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
WaterfordMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:47 PM   #1010
Pebble Pounder

Those came out great!
Old 03-28-2019, 10:35 PM   #1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayray View Post
Those came out great!
Thank you! They're $15 shipped in the lower 48.
If you guys want something printed shoot me a message at waterfordconcepts@gmail.com

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
WaterfordMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:25 AM   #1012
I wanna be Dave

The "LIKE" button is unfortunately gone Xrayray. There's a thread about it here on the forums. In a nutshell, it sounds like the MODS feel getting rid of it will force people to actually post and interact versus just hitting the LIKE button, thereby increasing traffic. I don't agree with this logic at all.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:14 AM   #1013
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
The "LIKE" button is unfortunately gone Xrayray. There's a thread about it here on the forums. In a nutshell, it sounds like the MODS feel getting rid of it will force people to actually post and interact versus just hitting the LIKE button, thereby increasing traffic. I don't agree with this logic at all.

Neither do I, I was just going to "Like" your new post as I am heading off to work, now I am going to be late because I had to write this meaningless post instead!
Old 03-29-2019, 11:00 AM   #1014
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjo69 View Post
Neither do I, I was just going to "Like" your new post as I am heading off to work, now I am going to be late because I had to write this meaningless post instead!
lol just check rccrawler on your phone while you're at work!
Old 03-29-2019, 11:47 AM   #1015
I wanna be Dave

^ "like" ^
Old 03-30-2019, 10:12 AM   #1016
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
^ "like" ^

"like" x 2
Old 03-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #1017
Pebble Pounder

I am setting up a 24mm sensored BL setup in my barrage, my crawling days are way past BL setups, and "small" motor setup's as well, I have a 4600kv, a 4700kv and a 5330kv motor to use with a Mamba Mini, anyone have any thoughts (those are the lowest kv motors available sensored)?
Old 03-30-2019, 02:22 PM   #1018
I wanna be Dave

Did some maintenance on the trails with Dirty Steve today. We ended up getting flooded out though. Pic shows the rock bridges at the creek crossing are under water. You can see how the trail continues back towards the house and the hill climb areas I cut in last year though.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2019, 02:24 PM   #1019
I wanna be Dave

Uggh. Sorry. 4 some reason whenever I post direct from the iPhone the pics are sideways.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:37 PM   #1020
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Uggh. Sorry. 4 some reason whenever I post direct from the iPhone the pics are sideways.
Nah, it's just you..
durok is offline   Reply With Quote