Notices

Thread: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #901
Rock Stacker

Default Re: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
After the crawl this afternoon, I showed Dirty Steve's rig some much needed love. Greased the front and rear pumpkins, replaced two front axle bearings, re-adjusted pinion/spur mesh and wiped / brushed down the chassis. I even gave the body a much needed wash. In keeping with the "love", I ordered some SSD scale locking hubs for up front, SSD scale rear hubs, and an RC4WD steering stabilizer for the servo link.

All that, and that Bastard Dirty Steve didn't even offer me one of the beers out of his cooler!

Sweet. I was just looking at those rc4wd steering stabilizers. Gonna run one when I switch to ar44 axles for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tundratrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2018, 06:39 AM   #902
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundratrader View Post
Sweet. I was just looking at those rc4wd steering stabilizers. Gonna run one when I switch to ar44 axles for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely non-performance related upgrade, but darn do they look cool. Add just that bit more of scale!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:48 AM   #903
I wanna be Dave

Got the new wheels and tires slipped on the Barronco. CI Foams - Comp cut inner w/ soft outer up front, Comp cut inner w/ medium outer out back. Wrapped in some RC4WD RockCrusher II's. Tires feel nice and soft, just like the Compass's I run on the Truggy. They're the perfect height and size for this rig as well imho.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2018, 10:02 PM   #904
Pebble Pounder

I got inspired by Harley Designs from his video. Here's my version of the mini front bumper! Modded the stock one with a dremel.

Last edited by Xrayray; 08-19-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Xrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:28 AM   #905
RCC Addict

That f-100 is looking good.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #906
I wanna be Dave

Agree with hillbilly - that’s a sweet looking little rig!
Old 08-20-2018, 07:35 PM   #907
Pebble Pounder

Thanks guys i have some more to post tonight with the better camera. I apologize the pics were dark.

I really like the ride height with the body posts all the way down in the rear and 2 holes up front! No rubbing!

Last edited by Xrayray; 08-20-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:14 AM   #908
I wanna be Dave

Dirty Steve rockin the Hand Grenade shifter! He said he can just pull the plates on the rig and chuck the grenade under it if he gets it too stuck!
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2018, 03:08 PM   #909
I wanna be Dave

Dirty Steve was sleeping off a hang over, so I took out his rig without him in it to test out the new RC4WD RockCrusher tires on the new wheels.

My initial impression are that these tires should scrub in nicely. Coming straight off the bench with zero run time on them, I noticed the grip slowly increasing about a half a pack in to the run. Ran that pack to lipo cutoff and threw in a freshy. By the end of the second pack they were definitely getting to where they need to be.

The CI Foams I installed were a bit on the tall side for these tires. I think I'm going to do some cutting and trimming to them to get a little more conforming from the tires.

Overall I'm pleased. I think the tire/wheel combo looks sweet on Dirty Steve's rig and with some additional run time and foam tweaking, they should serve him well!
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #910

Anyone have a link for a replacement stearing linkage set for a Barrage v2? I want to do the bend mod to improve the turn radius and want to have a backup just in case.

Sent from my ASUS_X017DA using Tapatalk
kicka91154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:57 PM   #911
Quarry Creeper

Best linkage is DIY ... M3 threaded rod with brake line or aluminum tubing.
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:07 AM   #912
I wanna be Dave

Got the little MRC out today that I built up using the take off parts from the RTR Barrage that turned in to the Barronco. This little thing is a hoot on 3s! I was getting way too much flex at first though, and it would just roll over on its side. Cut some fuel line and made some travel limiters for the shocks. Much better. Then I was looping out on steep climbs, so I threw one of my Vanquish Brass knuckle weights on the servo. Not pretty, but damn did it lock this thing down. Little sucker gets up everything in my backyard. I'm going to come up with a more integrated weight adder up front now. It's going to have to go on the axle, servo or chassis though. This little 360 motor is already getting taxed on the 3s, so I don't wanna weight the wheels.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2018, 11:27 AM   #913
Pebble Pounder

Sweet! Reminds me of when I could build a whole nother heli from a crash kit and spares!
Old 08-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #914
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayray View Post
Sweet! Reminds me of when I could build a whole nother heli from a crash kit and spares!
Exactly! That's what I love about having all sorts of spares laying around. You can just come up with stuff and experiment!
Old 08-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #915
Pebble Pounder

Speaking of spares... I didn't have a use for the battery tray endcaps. I just realized I could grind them down a little and use them as feet for mounting a 2" cob led. I found the strip inside a $2 work light at walmart. Im going to use some 3m double side tape to mock it up tonight. We'll see how it looks on top of the front bumper.

I love my box of "free" parts.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #916
I wanna be Dave

So, I maybe "contaminating" the Barrage thread here a bit with this hybrid MRC / Barrage rig. If you guys feel this is not the place for this, just let me know. I just figured that because the whole rig, other than the Losi MRC chassis is form the 1.9 Barrage RTR, I'd post it here.

Anyway, this little sucker performed sweet with the brass knuckle weight zip-tied to the servo per my earlier post. But, It looked super hokey. I weighed my 1300mah 3S lipo pack, and it was actually 4 grams heavier than the knuckle weight. No brainer at that point. Lose the knuckle weight and move the battery down to the servo. That's a Free two-fer! Lowers the CG and achieves the same forward weight bias.

This was my first mock-up for the battery tray. Just cutting and hacking on some aluminum. Once I've got exactly what I want, I'll fab up a more finished piece.

I think Once I get all this stuff dialed in and the rig crawling the way I want it to, it's going to get a Proline Sumo body. Wheelbase is perfect for it!
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #917
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
So, I maybe "contaminating" the Barrage thread here a bit with this hybrid MRC / Barrage rig. If you guys feel this is not the place for this, just let me know. I just figured that because the whole rig, other than the Losi MRC chassis is form the 1.9 Barrage RTR, I'd post it here.

Anyway, this little sucker performed sweet with the brass knuckle weight zip-tied to the servo per my earlier post. But, It looked super hokey. I weighed my 1300mah 3S lipo pack, and it was actually 4 grams heavier than the knuckle weight. No brainer at that point. Lose the knuckle weight and move the battery down to the servo. That's a Free two-fer! Lowers the CG and achieves the same forward weight bias.

This was my first mock-up for the battery tray. Just cutting and hacking on some aluminum. Once I've got exactly what I want, I'll fab up a more finished piece.

I think Once I get all this stuff dialed in and the rig crawling the way I want it to, it's going to get a Proline Sumo body. Wheelbase is perfect for it!
Get it soon, I'd love to see what you can do with a Sumo!

Well my experiment ended as fast as you can say "haha cob led light bar"

I must have put more volts than it can handle. I'm using 5v from the stock bec, but I just read that somewhere.

It was GREAT!!! Super bright all over the floor until it burned out.

Sweet.

Last edited by Xrayray; 08-26-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #918
Pebble Pounder

Question: if originally the LEDs were powered by 3 triple A batteries, is it safe to run it on a 1s lipo? I know its only 4.2v max but doesn't the light just pull whatever current it needs? Is there a chance of over current?

Last edited by Xrayray; 08-26-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:26 PM   #919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayray View Post
Question: if originally the LEDs were powered by 3 triple A batteries, is it safe to run it on a 1s lipo?
Yes. 3 AAA batteries at full power will give you about 5v. A 1S will be 4.2v at max charge.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:20 AM   #920
Pebble Pounder

OK well 1cell lipo is not good either!! It started to get hot then I unplugged it before anything bad happened again. Now I'm thinking I might need a resistor but I really have no idea. Best I can think of is using 2 AA batteries.