I can't do the 19th.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 Fall Series

8/25 works for us.

9/9 and 9/16 are no good for us as Chris will be in Taiwan for his day job, so I'll be holding the shop down.

9/23 would, but I know that puts it fairly close to the October event.
tocsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Okay so what is the schedule now? I will be out of town for the weekend of the 18th of this month so I would like to know. Thanks Scott

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

So we are going to go with these dates as they work best for the majority.

August 25th- It will be on Bogus Basin Mountain and this will also be Dino's B-Day

September 9th- Willow Creek

September 15th- We will be at the Big Nasty Hill Climb

October 13th and 14th is the same date and location as before.

Sorry for any inconvenience on the Date changes we just try to make sure we have the best turnout as we can for each month. Let us know if there is anything you have questions about. We will also be doing another date thrown into the mix as we can either September or October so keep checking in for updates on the upcoming and future events.
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNO-RC View Post

August 25th- It will be on Bogus Basin Mountain and this will also be Dino's B-Day

Sorry for any inconvenience on the Date changes we just try to make sure we have the best turnout as we can for each month. Let us know if there is anything you have questions about. We will also be doing another date thrown into the mix as we can either September or October so keep checking in for updates on the upcoming and future events.
Couple of quick questions.
1. Where is Willow Creek?
2. On the September 15th comp is that at the big nasty hill climb?
And thanks again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Couple of quick questions.
1. Where is Willow Creek?
2. On the September 15th comp is that at the big nasty hill climb?
And thanks again.
1. Willow Creek is about 15 Miles North of Emmett up Washington outside of Emmett. Here are the Coordinates N 44° 4' 29.5814", W 116° 29' 11.0628"

2. On September 15th Larry and Shawn Cossins will be at the Big Nasty Hill Climb running there bikes and last year there was a Short Course Track at the Big Nasty that we might go run at this year if it is there. However we are not doing a Comp at the Big Nasty I just put the date on here to make everyone aware of why we changed the date for the September event from the 15th to the 9th.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNO-RC View Post

Sounds good. I'll have to miss this months. However, Sept 9th it's on! The hill climb sounds fun too, I'll try to make it out on Sunday.

The Oct. dates work too. Think I'll bring the 1:1 crawler up to play a little. That's my favorite area around here to run the jeep. Nothing like moab or area BFE, but, still some nice rocks to play on.

Thanks !

Last edited by Agama; 08-09-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: sp
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Fall Series - Comp #2

AUGUST 25TH
Bogus Basin/Shaffer Butte

Shaffer Butte Campground and Picnic Area
GPS Location: N 43° 46' 56.2777" W 116° 5' 6.1847"

Time: 9:00am Signups
9:30am Course 1 Starts
5:00pm End of Day (No more running)

Directions- From Boise's North End go up Bogus Basin Road toward the Bogus Basin Ski Resort. After Reaching the lower lodge continue past the parking area and stay left continuing onto the dirt road. Go 2.25 miles down dirt road and turn right on NF374 road to Picnic Area. Picnic area will be 2 miles past right turn.

This event will be run on Saturday only starting in the morning and ending late in the afternoon. We will be camping at the campground to get things set up and reserve the area needed for running the event. We plan on running One 150 gate long course, One 100 Gate Course and a Tough Truck Challenge. Plan on bringing $5 to park if you stay for the day or $10 per night. If you have any questions give us a call or send us an email.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #49
Rock Stacker

Heads up - this is going on the same weekend at Bogus Creek Rd. The road up might be a little crazy that morning. Hope everyone has safe travels.

Dirty Dash Boise

They're doing a 5 mile course... Think it'll interfere with where we'll be at or are we back in far enough?
Old 08-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Well if it interferes maybe we could do it next week.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

Hoping we can keep it this weekend. Got the time off from the track for it.

Too bad I have 16 hours of work left on the rigs and 8 hours of time to do it in Not going to win for scale points this round, but I'll get them wheeling at least!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocsin View Post
Hoping we can keep it this weekend. Got the time off from the track for it.

Too bad I have 16 hours of work left on the rigs and 8 hours of time to do it in Not going to win for scale points this round, but I'll get them wheeling at least!
Same here man. Is this Chris ?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #53
Rock Stacker

Nope, will. Chris only drives fast stuff. Heh

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using tapatalk
Old 08-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

So I checked out that event on Bogus Creek Road and there will be an event at the upper lodge tomorrow but it should not affect our event as we will be based out of the campground on the other side of the mountain. I cant imagine they will use the campground to run there course through tomorrow. We will be there tonight to setup and make sure our paths don't cross with the 5 mile race tomorrow though just in case. The first wave of the 5 mile runners will be starting at 9am tomorrow and they are going to be there earlier than that so you might leave a little early to make it to our event by 9- 9:30 but if you are not there until later that wont be a problem. See you guys there tomorrow!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

I'm bummed that I can't make this event. Have a great time all, and see you all atthe next one.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Well I hope you all had a good run today. I stayed at the fair to long yesterday and over slept.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #57
Pebble Pounder

We had a great time. We were above the smoke for most of the day. Man that traffic coming up the hill sucked. Stupid runners. Anyway thanks to everyone that made it out.

The competition in the 1.9 class has gotten ugly. I get the feeling I'm not going to be hanging another first place on my wall. Time to rework my winch.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Comp #2
Bogus Basin
Scores

Scores are posted on ZNO-RC.com in the events Section. Thanks to everyone that braved bogus basin road and all the crazy people surrounding the Dirty Dash. It is to bad you couldn't make it out Scott it was a great time and some awesome courses and I don't think we climbed a hill all weekend which was a little different.

The next event is in 2 weeks so make sure you do your race prep early for the next event as the competition is getting tough and the courses long! 2.2 is a definite challenge though with the advent of so many people running 4 wheel steering.

We are working on some new things for the next event that we will be posting up here and on ZNO-RC this week so keep checking in.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I'm bummed that I can't make this event. Have a great time all, and see you all atthe next one.
Look forward to seeing you at the next event Agama, we love running willow creek. It should be a lot of fun and a good turnout.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Fall Series - Comp #3

September 9th
Gem County's Willow Creek

GPS Location:N 44° 4' 25.5856" W 116° 29' 11.9897"

Time:
9:00am Signups
9:30am Course 1 Starts
12:00am Lunch and Tough Truck Challenge
1:00pm Mandatory Start time for Long 150 Gate Course
5:00pm End of Day (No more running)

Directions- From Hwy 16 turn Right on Washington in Emmett. Continue on Washington out of town until Road turns into Van Deusen at Stop Sign. Continue on Van Deusen until it turns to Dirt Road. At dirt Road continue Right at fork and go 9 miles to bridge at Willow Creek. We will be parked on right side of road just past the bridge. Park anywhere.

This event will be run on Sunday only starting in the morning and ending late in the afternoon. We will be camping at the location to get things set up and reserve the area needed for running the event. We plan on running One 150 gate long course, One 100 Gate Course and a Tough Truck Challenge. Plan on bringing lunch and drinks as we are in the wilderness and there is no where to buy anything.

New for the Scale Series!!!

We have made some changes to the rules for The GSC Scale Series. Here are the new revisions.

1.9 Class
  • Trail Marker Penalties - 2 Minutes
  • Penalty Winch Penalties - 5 Minutes
  • No Shoe Lace Winching. All winching must be done from a Pull Pal or use of Natural Surrounding.
  • Winches Are Highly Encouraged
2.2 Ultra Driver Race Class
  • Trail Marker Penalties - 1.5 Minutes
  • Penalty Winch Penalties - 4 Minutes
  • Shoe Lace Winching Allowed
These new changes are to encourage drivers to try there best to accomplish all gates without a penalty and drive to the best of there ability. I am probably the worst at being wrecklace and hitting gates and this will help to separate the field from those that drive cautiously and those that are more quick.

Also new Starting next Comp. Your Entry fee will buy your car a place in the series instead of a driver. With this change you will be able to hire a driver for your team car to run a race if you are not able to make it to a certain event. Also you can pair up with another classes driver and you and he/she can switch vehicles to run each class through the series. Your car or cars will be assigned a number for the Series and you can change things to your car to make it more competitive however we highly encourage staying with the same body through one series or at least notifying us if you will be doing a body change in advance. A Driver can only drive each class once per class each event day.

If anyone has any questions as to the changes we have made or concerns with them please let us know. We will see you guys this weekend.

Last edited by ZNO-RC; 09-04-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 Fall Series - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 January-June Series ZNO-RC Idaho 213 07-17-2012 02:00 PM
Godfather Scale Challenge March 10th 2012 VanceH Idaho 4 03-17-2012 09:21 PM
Rock Mafia Godfather Scale Challenge ZNO-RC Idaho 34 12-19-2011 03:09 PM
WPAC Scale 2011 Spring/Summer/Fall Series Schedule JesterSpec Pennsylvania 0 03-14-2011 10:46 AM
Susquehanna Valley Scale Crawlers Comp Schedule (Summer/Fall Series) sgil2001 Pennsylvania 0 07-31-2010 03:31 PM