Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: Official 4x4allstar Chit Chat Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4allstar View Post
If I was going to run 4 inchers I would have to get it sprung. I don't even know what that means or how to do it. Maybe Ced could shed some light on that.
You have to get "it" sprung to get 4 inches? Wow man......

Seriously though, I don't have answers to all of your crazy ass indecisive whims, first you think a tuber is good, then you think they suck, you want a super, you don't want a super, 6" shocks or 4" shocks? 85t motor or 55t motor? entry fee: $20, no wait, $5 is cool, do I have the chicken noodle soup or the split pea.... I prefer cream of chicken tortellini, did you see that episode of Seinfeld where George...... did I ever tell you about that time I forgot to apply deodorant before going to work? How about those LA Lakers......

Jeez dude
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced RC View Post
You have to get "it" sprung to get 4 inches? Wow man......

Seriously though, I don't have answers to all of your crazy ass indecisive whims, first you think a tuber is good, then you think they suck, you want a super, you don't want a super, 6" shocks or 4" shocks? 85t motor or 55t motor? entry fee: $20, no wait, $5 is cool, do I have the chicken noodle soup or the split pea.... I prefer cream of chicken tortellini, did you see that episode of Seinfeld where George...... did I ever tell you about that time I forgot to apply deodorant before going to work? How about those LA Lakers......

Jeez dude
dead on ced, funny
z-man64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:15 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

And this one time at band camp I...............
bubbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:43 AM   #24
RCC Addict

There is so much of the information that is being discussed in so much detail within the regular boards within RCC.

This discussion has bounced between (In multple threads):

1. Dig vs No Dig
2. Tube Chassis vs TVP
3. Shock Length 6" vs 4"
4. Motor turns 85T vs 55T
5. Talk of Super Class Trucks
6. Comp Tips

It was stated by 4x4AllStar that "However, this does give you the perfect place to ramble on and get help with your truck setup, comp tips, etc. Without cluttering up over threads." Your statement is VERY accurate, but it seems that you have forgotten that the other threads are there also to be READ by people to help with their setups and understanding the differences/benefits/down-falls of varied setups and designs. Every one of the topics that you have questioned have been covered in incredible depth within MANY RCC posts.

When I started in this hobby, I joined RCC and started reading EVERYTHING....and I mean EVERYTHING....in order to learn as much as I could so that when I did have to ask a question, it was very granular to find a point of information, and not completely broad and random.

I am all about answering people's questions. I love to learn from other people and listen to what they have to offer. I greatly appreciate getting together for comps and meetings to discuss all things crawler...and not so crawler. But the content within this thread has been covered in such depth within all of RCC, and these questions listed at the begining of this post just seem as if they would be better answered by using the SEARCH feature within RCC. This is just my 2 cents....take it for what it is worth to you.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Alright...my 2 cents on the perfect setup:

Dig or no dig: DIG for the win

4" or 6" shock: 4" all the way, havent found a 6" shock out there that is worth anything,get yourself some 4" Maxx bigbores

Tube vs TVP: TVP but not the axial chassis, pick yourself up one of the good aftermarket setups.

Motor turns: 55t anything more and you loose wheel speed

Battery: 3s lipo you dont have to use all that power but its nice to have (900mah)

Steering: BTA of some form, either homemade or jetdesigns ($15 for club member)

Comp tips: Go slow, watch the other peoples runs and practice

Superclass: Supers rock, just not many around here have them and the terrain isnt here for it.

Allstar, I think you have frustrated a few people with your wavering, that I just didnt think was possible. You obviously have a setup in mind that you want to use, use it. Back when I got started in crawling (here I go again) I had no idea what I was doing, there werent kits out there and this board had less than 4000 members world wide. We would build our stuff, try it, post pics in the tech section and get advice (and take it).
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #26

Hey guys how many allstars does it take to change a lightbulb????
Wanna ride bikes!!!!!!!
d dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Can we get back on topc..... Ced, we need more pictures of ex girlfriends (with less clothes)
Old 12-20-2008, 10:18 AM   #28

Skin To Win!!!!!!!lol!!!!
d dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #29

4x4allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
There is so much of the information that is being discussed in so much detail within the regular boards within RCC.

This discussion has bounced between (In multple threads):

1. Dig vs No Dig
2. Tube Chassis vs TVP
3. Shock Length 6" vs 4"
4. Motor turns 85T vs 55T
5. Talk of Super Class Trucks
6. Comp Tips

It was stated by 4x4AllStar that "However, this does give you the perfect place to ramble on and get help with your truck setup, comp tips, etc. Without cluttering up over threads." Your statement is VERY accurate, but it seems that you have forgotten that the other threads are there also to be READ by people to help with their setups and understanding the differences/benefits/down-falls of varied setups and designs. Every one of the topics that you have questioned have been covered in incredible depth within MANY RCC posts.

When I started in this hobby, I joined RCC and started reading EVERYTHING....and I mean EVERYTHING....in order to learn as much as I could so that when I did have to ask a question, it was very granular to find a point of information, and not completely broad and random.

I am all about answering people's questions. I love to learn from other people and listen to what they have to offer. I greatly appreciate getting together for comps and meetings to discuss all things crawler...and not so crawler. But the content within this thread has been covered in such depth within all of RCC, and these questions listed at the begining of this post just seem as if they would be better answered by using the SEARCH feature within RCC. This is just my 2 cents....take it for what it is worth to you.
Well I did try a search before and now that's all I will do.
4x4allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #31

What radio is recommended for a dig? Im getting my dig & HPI rock grabbers next week all i need is a radio.I got these from the (electronics threads) DX3, DX3R, DX3S what is my best choice?

Last edited by JAS82; 12-20-2008 at 08:19 PM.
JAS82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:37 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

I would really like to geta dx3s. They have everything you'd ever need at a decent price.
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #33
MWRCA'er

DX3S is not a crawler radio. No useful 3 channel, it's two position.

DX3R or old school DX3 are your only options from spektrum.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #34
RCC Addict

A slightly different option is the DX6 (old model, but some are still around new). These require a little modification to make them easy to use...and liking stick radios.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:17 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
DX3S is not a crawler radio. No useful 3 channel, it's two position.

DX3R or old school DX3 are your only options from spektrum.
dang it. I didn't know that.
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
A slightly different option is the DX6 (old model, but some are still around new). These require a little modification to make them easy to use...and liking stick radios.

Stick radios suck!!!

I have the dx3.0 it works ok but only 2 position dig so I either have dig or not. Ill be upgrading my comp season to a dx3r myself.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #37
RCC Addict

They suck so bad that they are the current radio of choice of 2 good SCRC drivers....I will not say who.

I love my DX6.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #38

The DX3R is alot$$$$$ for me now ill have to wait:-( just got tires and dig now ill have to wait for the controller
JAS82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

You could pick up a tq3... they are cheap and have a 3 position 3rd chnl
Old 12-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #40
RCC Addict

I do have a futaba basic controller with rx (4 channel) that has a 2 position 3rd channel laying around that I would part with for a small price. It has NEVER been used. (Came with RTR truck)...just not a 3 position 3rd channel.