Old 12-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #41

TQ3s are 27 megahurtz.
4x4allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
I do have a futaba basic controller with rx (4 channel) that has a 2 position 3rd channel laying around that I would part with for a small price. It has NEVER been used. (Came with RTR truck)...just not a 3 position 3rd channel.

Scratch that idea.....it has no EPA on that channel....it will just burn up the servo....bad idea.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

you can epa's to any radio... there is a thread in the electronics section on how to do it. Its an OLD thread, I think its from 05 or beginning of 06 just fyi. Back in my day we had to make all our stuff... And walk up hill both ways in waste deep snow.

I know the tq's used to be 27mhz but, they are cheap and work. I believe they now make them in 2.4.

Edit: I have an OLD tq3 radio that came with my t-maxx if you want it and I can find it, you can have it. The receiver antenna broke but it still works, just wouldnt stand 100' from it. Im not sure if the radio that came with my slash is a 3ch or 2...

Last edited by jetboat; 12-21-2008 at 01:50 PM.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
you can epa's to any radio... there is a thread in the electronics section on how to do it. Its an OLD thread, I think its from 05 or beginning of 06 just fyi. Back in my day we had to make all our stuff... And walk up hill both ways in waste deep snow.

I know the tq's used to be 27mhz but, they are cheap and work. I believe they now make them in 2.4.

Edit: I have an OLD tq3 radio that came with my t-maxx if you want it and I can find it, you can have it. The receiver antenna broke but it still works, just wouldnt stand 100' from it. Im not sure if the radio that came with my slash is a 3ch or 2...
slash has 2 ch radio.
thevulgarcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #45

Quote:

Yes they are cheap and work. The one I saw was a 27mhz. They do make better ones in 2.4 but they are like over 200 bucks easy. I think those are the dx3s. I hope to get a tq3 for mine sometime. I just hope that there is other frq crystals for them. I plan on buying atleast 2 other sets of crystals for it. Thanks for the tip about the emaxx 4 inch shocks jetboat.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

actually I was reffering to the tq series, I could have sworn I read someplace that the new vehicles would be coming with 2.4 radios. Doesnt make much sense for them to keep selling 27mhz stuff with their top of the line trucks when you can get a $200 truck with it.

Edit: looks like they havent actually started coming in kits:
http://www.traxxas.com/scripts/trxne...php?newsid=179

the e-revo at least will have a 4ch and looks like the e/t-maxx gets a revised 3ch. Keep watching ebay, give it 4-6 months and you'll be picking up new ones for $30-$40

Last edited by jetboat; 12-21-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Things are too slow around here!!! A coworker came over while I was working and decided to take my Heli for a spin, told me he wasnt going to fly it just look at it... Next thing I know its slamming into teh wall at full throttle and he is freaking out and pins the throttle. I reach up and yank the controller away and shut it down but too late... Battery tray and upper rotor head broken. Why cant people leave stuff alone!!!!!!!!!!!

If he would have asked I would have taken it to the lobby and let him fly it with some instruction.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Can we get back on topc..... Ced, we need more pictures of ex girlfriends (with less clothes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d dogg View Post
Skin To Win!!!!!!!lol!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4allstar View Post
Well I did try a search before and now that's all I will do.
HILARIOUS!!!!!

Quote:
They suck so bad that they are the current radio of choice of 2 good SCRC drivers....I will not say who.

I love my DX6.
Amen Brotha....

Using the stick radio (DX6) helps me differentiate between driving fast RC vehicles and slow RC crawlers, pistol grip radios just seem better for nitro monster trucks etc for myself, of course it's all a matter of preference

Quote:
I hope to get a tq3 for mine sometime. I just hope that there is other frq crystals for them. I plan on buying atleast 2 other sets of crystals for it.
There's 6 different crystals for the TQ3.

TRA2031 #1 Crystal Set Brown 26.995
TRA2032 #2 Crystal Set Red 27.045
TRA2033
#3 Crystal Set Orange 27.095
TRA2034 #4 Crystal Set Yellow 27.145
TRA2035 #5 Crystal Set Green 27.195
TRA2036
#6 Crystal Set Blue 27.255
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Things are too slow around here!!! A coworker came over while I was working and decided to take my Heli for a spin, told me he wasnt going to fly it just look at it... Next thing I know its slamming into teh wall at full throttle and he is freaking out and pins the throttle. I reach up and yank the controller away and shut it down but too late... Battery tray and upper rotor head broken. Why cant people leave stuff alone!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, that really sucks!

I've killed people for less.....
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Im sick f freaking cold weather and SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My work PC has a virus and I have ran multiple seraches/scans from both symmanitec and avg and it is still there!!!!

My mill parts are supposed to be here today so I can build stick backbones The Bully Stick is coming.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Try removal after disabling System Restore.

It is NASTY out there. It is nice just chillin' on the couch watching the UVERSE installer freeze outside. LOL. Another few hours, and I will have my UVERSE.

Keep working on that Bully Pimp.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

PC finally fixed... IT sucks!!! I finally googled what I thought the virus would be called "fake virus detection virus" and found a program for removing it. 2 1/2hrs later and the pc is working again.

Im worried about the drive home, last week it was 1hr 20min to make it the 13 miles, all the reports Im getting today are people that live near me saying its taking 3hrs to make it in, wrecks everywhere etc.

UPS says delivered, so if I make it home before its too late, Ill be modifying the mill for horizontal milling and drilling my 2 holes (2 holes...$42, having something that noone else does....priceless)

Edit: Did I make it clear, I HATE SNOW!!!

Last edited by jetboat; 12-23-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Try removal after disabling System Restore.

It is NASTY out there. It is nice just chillin' on the couch watching the UVERSE installer freeze outside. LOL. Another few hours, and I will have my UVERSE.

Keep working on that Bully Pimp.

UVerse install failed....I am stuck with WOW. Snow and BAD internet. They say that I am too far from the box for a good signal. DAMN.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:29 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Lightbulb

well that was fun... drive home wasnt too bad, roads were crap but at least there wasnt much traffic. Got home went to pull in the drive and realized the snow was higher than the bumper. Even in 4wd I had a heck of a time making it in the drive... I think we got about 6", the drifts on the side of the house were between 20"-24" depending were you measured.
The old lady next door is great, I had barely gotten out of the truck and she was yelling at me to come get her snow blower. After I finished my drive and walks I went over and redid hers and topped off the tank with gas from my garage and salted her walks with my salt, to which I got yelled at about how she has gas and salt. I think she'll be getting a nice big plate of ranger cookies (family recipe, also known as crack cookies)

Now its pouring down rain...WTF!

Mill parts werent here when I got here like the track # said but, they came in while I was snow blowing.

Last edited by jetboat; 12-23-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #55

Default cookies

Quote:
well that was fun... drive home wasnt too bad, roads were crap but at least there wasnt much traffic. Got home went to pull in the drive and realized the snow was higher than the bumper. Even in 4wd I had a heck of a time making it in the drive... I think we got about 6", the drifts on the side of the house were between 20"-24" depending were you measured.
The old lady next door is great, I had barely gotten out of the truck and she was yelling at me to come get her snow blower. After I finished my drive and walks I went over and redid hers and topped off the tank with gas from my garage and salted her walks with my salt, to which I got yelled at about how she has gas and salt. I think she'll be getting a nice big plate of ranger cookies (family recipe, also known as crack cookies)

Now its pouring down rain...WTF!

Mill parts werent here when I got here like the track # said but, they came in while I was snow blowing.
RANGER COOKIES KICK A$$!!!!!!!!!
d dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #56

Quote:
Im sick f freaking cold weather and SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My work PC has a virus and I have ran multiple seraches/scans from both symmanitec and avg and it is still there!!!!

My mill parts are supposed to be here today so I can build stick backbones The Bully Stick is coming.
I wonder if anyone has ever tried using bent links on a stick chassis.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #57

Quote:

If he would have asked I would have taken it to the lobby and let him fly it with some instruction.
You should make your coworker pay for the damaged parts.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:59 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I wonder if anyone has ever tried using bent links on a stick chassis.

Mnster uses them for his front links... The straight links can actually help you slide over obsticles without hanging up on the motor.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Merry Christmas

Happy Hanukkah
Old 12-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #60

Quote:
Mnster uses them for his front links... The straight links can actually help you slide over obsticles without hanging up on the motor.
i had a clod with bent links on a stick chassis and i prefer the strate links. more stable, easyer to mount, and truck slides over stuff beter, I LOVE THIS WEATHER. You have a bad day at work, girl freind's bit$$ at u go home hope on the snowmobile and let her rip.
I just finshed putting a new motor, wiring, everything in my new sled in time, leaving for a snomobile trip to my cabin in the ,UP MI, tommorow. Fu$$ ya, 9 feet of snow where im going for a week
z-man64 is offline   Reply With Quote