d dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by d dogg View Post
also how much do you want for what you got??? i got the cash!!!! LMK,
derrick

ALLOT!!! I actually dont have all that much into it, mainly the cost of the axles. Just several hrs of machine work. Prolly if I charged for by the hr, it would be a $600 truck already. This is actually version 1, once I get the bugs worked out Im going to build a new backbone and shock mounts as these are kind of rough and I have learn ALLOT doing it. And no I wont bend the links!

Mnster, I was planning on building a stick before yours but, your thread /truck has been allot of help/inspiration. I ended up giving up on using tube and an insert and went to solid rod and drilling/tapping it, easy when you have all the tools needed. If I move the links closer to the backbone Ill have to bend them because as it is they rub on the gearbox housing. Actually I dont seem to get that much flex as it sits.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

I decided on a new steering setup...

Im just going to walk beside it and steer with my hand
Old 01-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4allstar View Post
Money Grows on Trees in Derricks Land.
Why you gotta be like that????????
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

it moves under its own power....

That servo is INSANE even at 5v. Looks to have some clod stall but, I have only ran it across the living room with a weak 2s pack.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #106
MWRCA'er

I've got that servo too its a animal. If the tires don't turn it lifts the rear end of the truck in the air.

If you have issues with clod stall drop a pinion tooth in the rear. I'm running 12 in front 11 in the rear. It really wakes the truck up gives it a front wheel drive effect allowing it to pull corners better and on long hills the front wheels spool more keeping the nose planted.

The spacers will effect your approach on rocks sometimes it may rather then push into a rock it will get funny and bind lift a tire or not flex. As long as it works for you its all good. Stick setups are weird in that everyone of them handles a bit different. I'd say bend your links but they may actually help you the way they are as they will help guide rocks over the motor assemblys preventing you from getting hung up.

I know you said you were thinking about different cantilevers. It might not be a bad idea to open up more body post space.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:03 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

IM definatly seeing the need for some more body post room. Also, these shock mounts are making body mounting a pain... Dropping down a tooth is not going to be easy, the gears on these are WIDE and if you want to take advantage you have to use special rc4wd pinions plus, they designed the dust cover to only fit with the stock gear .

Edit: Im not all that thrilled with the flex Im getting from this truck... the CG is incredible since I made sure to mount everything below the tops of the tires but, with teh 3 1/2" shocks Im getting only about 3" of flex. Any thoughts if bigbores will help?

Last edited by jetboat; 01-02-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #108
Pebble Pounder

looking for a good servo for my rc4wd r2d trans, to us on the dig?? help please. befor i get the hammer
thevulgarcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevulgarcowboy View Post
looking for a good servo for my rc4wd r2d trans, to us on the dig?? help please. befor i get the hammer
HS645mg you can use a mini servo or even a standard but, those r2d's almost always stick and its best to go over kill. If you want to save a little money go with the hs425 with carbonite gears.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #110
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
HS645mg you can use a mini servo or even a standard but, those r2d's almost always stick and its best to go over kill. If you want to save a little money go with the hs425 with carbonite gears.
thanks i look at rc hobbys tonight wen i go
Old 01-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #111
MWRCA'er

Quote:

Edit: Im not all that thrilled with the flex Im getting from this truck... the CG is incredible since I made sure to mount everything below the tops of the tires but, with teh 3 1/2" shocks Im getting only about 3" of flex. Any thoughts if bigbores will help?
I'd shorten the cantilevers then. If you have to, push the shock forward over the front of the axle much like I did my rear to make clearance.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

here it is "finished"

Now time to start over... Im shortening the shock mounts (already made the first one before I saw your post Mnster, I guess great minds do think alike ) and while Im at it I might as well make a new backbone thats cleaner, this one has several holes in it from geting the shocks just right (and they are wrong). Right now the shocks are at 40mm, Im thinking of dropping them to 35mm maybe a little more.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #113

I hope to see those sticks in action at a competion someday.
4x4allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Mnster, how are your shocks mounted on the axle end? The ball ends on mine dont have that kind of movement.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #115
MWRCA'er

Quote:
Mnster, how are your shocks mounted on the axle end? The ball ends on mine dont have that kind of movement.
I made a goofy adapter bit for the rear. It works but I have noticed if it loosens up it spins round and causes issues. However, I put locktite on it and tightened the piss out of it and haven't had any issues with it since.

The front ties in with the servo mount. Basically the mount is a taller version of the rear to support the servo. Eventually, I would like to change my servo setup to some kind of BTA especially if I continue to run with you guys at Busse. But, with the shock, lock out switches, and steering servo all tumbled around the motor case its tough to engineer it all tightly and still get the throw I want.

Last edited by Mnster; 01-02-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Default Version 2

I took Mnsters advice and made the shock mounts smaller and shorter. I now have more flex and allot more room to mount body posts etc. The old stick and shock mounts are up for grabs to whoever makes the best case for getting them . I still need to finish the dig (install the servo) and wire tie everything up but, at this point I an VERY happy.

Is it just me or does the old stick look bent in the pics?
Old 01-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #117
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

I took Mnsters advice and made the shock mounts smaller and shorter. I now have more flex and allot more room to mount body posts etc. The old stick and shock mounts are up for grabs to whoever makes the best case for getting them . I still need to finish the dig (install the servo) and wire tie everything up but, at this point I an VERY happy.

Is it just me or does the old stick look bent in the pics?
yah it looks bent. wll she be ready for the 17??? to see her in action??
Old 01-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

we'll see if it will be ready. I changed my mind on the flex, I compared it to my current truck and it is a little lacking so looks like Ill be trimming down the shock towers and pushing the lower mounts out a little more.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #119

Hopefully mine will have a dig by Mays lhr competion. I have to contact sportwerks to find out what 3 channel receiver will work with the 3 channel radio I bought. I haven't seen 1 sportwerks receiver anywhere yet that's a 3 channel. RCSLOT told me they would give me a full refund of 15 bucks if I sent the receiver back but it will cost me like 5 bucks to send it back so I don't think it's worth my time when it will like 10 bucks refund after I would spend 5 bucks to ship it back. Jetboat I have no idea on how to change end points on a tq3 otherwise I would of bought one of those. I just hope to god I find a 3 channel receiver that works with this radio controller or I will have to send both the controller and the receiver back for a full refund. :-( Yeah that old stick was bent. Has monster ran his stick at the last competion in naperville or at the lhr comp in march when I was there? I don't even know what he looks like or what truck he drives.
4x4allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4allstar View Post
Hopefully mine will have a dig by Mays lhr competion. I have to contact sportwerks to find out what 3 channel receiver will work with the 3 channel radio I bought. I haven't seen 1 sportwerks receiver anywhere yet that's a 3 channel. RCSLOT told me they would give me a full refund of 15 bucks if I sent the receiver back but it will cost me like 5 bucks to send it back so I don't think it's worth my time when it will like 10 bucks refund after I would spend 5 bucks to ship it back. Jetboat I have no idea on how to change end points on a tq3 otherwise I would of bought one of those. I just hope to god I find a 3 channel receiver that works with this radio controller or I will have to send both the controller and the receiver back for a full refund. :-( Yeah that old stick was bent. Has monster ran his stick at the last competion in naperville or at the lhr comp in march when I was there? I don't even know what he looks like or what truck he drives.
just us a tq3 receiver if the radio is 27 mghz

Last edited by z-man64; 01-04-2009 at 11:08 PM.
z-man64 is offline   Reply With Quote