Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #23201
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmond View Post
I'm thinking about building a slash 4x4 mamba monster with a 1/8 buggy conversion as a basher. Parts for my losi eight truggy are getting tough to come by since the 3.0 came out.
That is one thing about traxxas, parts are always available.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #23202
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
That is one thing about traxxas, parts are always available.

Plus I figure if I get all the rpm parts available, all robinson metal gears (except a plastic spur), and full mip kit it should be a pretty bullet proof basher even with a mamba monster
talmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:35 AM   #23203
Rock Crawler

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmond View Post
Plus I figure if I get all the rpm parts available, all robinson metal gears (except a plastic spur), and full mip kit it should be a pretty bullet proof basher even with a mamba monster
Dude, a Tekin Pro4 and a Mamba Max Pro on 3S should rip more than plenty.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:08 AM   #23204
Rock Crawler

Now I have a driver too.

Happy Easter

Old 04-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #23205
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
Dude, a Tekin Pro4 and a Mamba Max Pro on 3S should rip more than plenty.

Hm maybe I will try 3s on my current setup I'm running a 550 Novak balaistic 4.5 turn with a mmp on 2s. It does decent. It isn't crazy like my mamba monster losi on 4s though.
talmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #23206
I wanna be Dave

You guys wanna get out to busse for some rock crawlin soon
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #23207
Quarry Creeper

I think im gonna finish up the wiring on barely legal this week so i can run that thing.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #23208
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Fattie View Post
I think im gonna finish up the wiring on barely legal this week so i can run that thing.
Get your ass in gear!
Old 04-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #23209
Rock Crawler

Man I got a ton of shit done this weekend, nice 3 day weekend. Pulled the weeds in the side flower bed, installed mulch in all the beds and around the trees, had 3 yds of topsoil delivered to fill in the old pool hole, seeded the area, replaced all the screens in all the windows, fixed the false drawers in the kitchen, drank some cold beers, hung my new coat rack, and picked up an extension ladder so I can keep going! Lady Bird helped. Hell of a nice weekend too!
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #23210
Rock Crawler

Man... I didn't do any of that shit. I did get the RC8T back together...
Old 04-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #23211

i took the ws6 up to the madison/spring green area up in wisconsin to see if my new clutch master and fluid change is what i needed for a tranny that will shift.

****er still wont shift… it literally feels like a immovable wall in-between gates that needs a second to catch up before it will let me move the shifter to the next gear. uber notchy. i dont force it, ever, but even with a little muscle its impossible to change gears until that immovable wall decides to let me.

downshifts are butter. extremely frustrating with a 2500 buck tranny with under 2k miles on it.

im thinking maybe the shop didnt properly space the slave or the slave may be acting up? im gonna find some syncromesh and try that but i have no idea what could be causing super notchy shifts.

gonna email the tranny builder and see what he thinks, then i'll see if the speed shop im taking it to will hopefully help me out diagnosing the issue.

hoping its just a clutch/slave issue, but if i need a new trans i'll just get one and sell the other on craigslist or whatever. not a flt this time but a tick.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #23212
Quarry Creeper

My brakes started making that tell tale grind. Telling me it's time to change the pads.

Like most times I have a laundry list of crap to do to both cars

Brakes, belts, spark plugs, oil change, figure out why my turn signals don't work. And that is just the red car
Black one needs a headlight, rear shocks and I need to figure out where the exhaust is leaking.
It is a gas chamber right now.

Sounds like trey is embracing his new home ownership.
Jason that sucks about the bird. Could it be the shift linkage is not aligned properly?
Not sure how yours is but on my car if it is not properly aligned. Forget finding anything.

I hope it is something simple. I know how much it sucks to be pissed at a car you love
2.slowduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #23213
Rock Crawler

Yes I'm turning into one of those guys that goes to Home Dept on the weekends, ha. I did find some time to work on the C1 rig though, pulled the inner fender wells and steel body supports out from below the hood. Trying to lighten that little guy up some and get it ready for it's new chassis. The Slash auction on ebay will end today so I can buy the rest of my axle parts. I've got quite a bit of work to do on that rig and I'd like to have some time for test and tune before August. My front K44 just showed up, pretty cool little axle!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #23214
Rock Crawler

So I should probably have spare parts on hand for the K44's I'm thinking. I probably need CVD's and a ring and pinion, is there anything else? Anyone had a rear shaft failure ever?
Old 04-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #23215
Rock Crawler

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what commonly breaks in an RC4WD axle setup. I can't imagine the housing is much of an issue. They also have these HD rear shafts available. For all I can tell though, they're just the same shafts that come in the rear. I want to make these things as strong as possible.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #23216
Rock Crawler

Anyone need a badass slash for cheap? I probably should have parted this thing out like Hoopty said, oh well. I think the real problem is people are concerned about Team RCE and parts availability. He hasn't posted in a while and I think he killed his website. There isn't much that can break but if it did I don't know where you'd get the parts.

Team RCE Traxxas Slash 4x4 | eBay
Old 04-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #23217

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.slowduo View Post
Jason that sucks about the bird. Could it be the shift linkage is not aligned properly?
Not sure how yours is but on my car if it is not properly aligned. Forget finding anything.

I hope it is something simple. I know how much it sucks to be pissed at a car you love
there is no clutch linkage, shifter comes right out the trans.

im not pissed at the car, just the morons ive had work on it. sucks that when i had the new trans put in it was late october, and i didnt even get to do any driving to it until the next summer, and by then the ****ing warranty was expired.

i emailed the guy who built the trans, and he suspects something with the clutch not being adjusted right potentially ****ing up the trans. i maybe have 2k total miles on it and havent abused it or got frustrated and tried forcing it into gear, so hopefully the trans isnt toast. all the same he wants me to bring it in to him so he can check it out, but thats a huge hassle since i dont know if i can get my car up high enough to pull the trans out.

kinda feel like just selling the damn car and eliminating the constant disappointment of having assholes **** it up.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #23218

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
So I should probably have spare parts on hand for the K44's I'm thinking. I probably need CVD's and a ring and pinion, is there anything else? Anyone had a rear shaft failure ever?
trey other than the vvd's ive broken every single internal component in both the trex and the d40 axles. ring and pinions - toasted them. rear straight axles - broken them. front dogbones and drivecups - split the cups in half and bend the ears off the dogbones.

my current yota axles i havent broken yet but i immediately put the vvd's and the helical cut gears in them. i definitely recommend the helical cut ring and pinions if they are available for the k44. and if you need some axle u-bolts for leaf springs i have a spare set i'll sell you.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #23219
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=badhoopty;4752686if you need some axle u-bolts for leaf springs i have a spare set i'll sell you.[/QUOTE]

If he does want them let me know please
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #23220

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
If he doesnt want them let me know please
fixed it for ya, and will do.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame