Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #7301
Rock Crawler

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
IDK, boredom, depression... midlife crisis.
I'm the only one allowed to have that!
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #7302
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Jason, I'll do it for commision. Make a list of what you got and what you want. Email me that with pictures and I'll take care of the rest.
Damn you beat me to it.
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #7303
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
I'm the only one allowed to have that!
Some may have passed midlife though and just kept crisis.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #7304
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S ARR T 8 View Post
One more ? DL what servo you running in your sc10?
I ran a Hitec 965 in my stampede and was happy with it.. Then I bought a 7965 for my sc10 and its pretty good. I didnt feel the need for a lightning fast servo when I started reading about people having to tune down because their fast servo was putting them into the wall 2 feet before the corner. So, I decided to keep it simple & inexpensive. Savox servos are popular amongst the racers. I like hitec. You dont need to over-do it. Same goes for the motor I feel. I think tires, shocks & ability to drive is what makes you go fast. Depending on whos racing & if your racing to the line..ability to not screw up can get to the finish line first. You can try to make the big jump and risk turtling it, or you can roll over it and get ahead. There are two sides to both of those, depends on how the race is going I guess.

Last edited by Die-Laughing; 08-13-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #7305
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
happens to everybody... take some time and geek out on one of your other interests. the rc's will be waiting there for ya.

its ALOT more work running every weekend with a group than it is just casually building and running by yourself. the pressure is there to keep up with everybody else, and you feel like you are missing out when you dont.

I agree no stress.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #7306
Rock Crawler

Thanks DL time to go shopping
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #7307
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S ARR T 8 View Post
Thanks DL time to go shopping
No problem.. Dont believe everything I say though.. What I say is what I believe. Doesn't mean it's true or good advice.. It makes sense to me. I'm just picking it up as I go. I drove a SCT for the first time... Yesterday. Hahaha
Old 08-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #7308
Rock Crawler

Well I think your a pretty good source of info. I started racing in Joliet when the slash first cam out. Then bought the sc10 to get a little more competitive but then life got in the way and not to mention the long ass drive to Joliet. But since they built a track close to me in stream wood Ben going with my kid just bashing and having fun with the slashes,while the sc10 just sits never even put electronics in it just built it and never ran it. But really want to get more serious and do some racing. And the lith track looks like a great place.
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #7309

its a really neat setup, both the indoor and outdoor. i'm sure with some practice the outdoor track can be just as fun as the indoor, but man that indoor track is FUN.

i've hovered over buying that damn chassis trey has on the way a few times today...
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #7310
RCC Addict

I scored a pretty cool old Kyosho r/c bag off ebay for less than $30shipped meh, not bad I thought. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I spent some time at the outdoor track yesterday.. I wanted to get some practice in if I'm going to race considering they are only racing outdoor right now (summer) the indoor is (from what I hear) quite popular in the colder months.

That slash chassis looks quite cool.. It looks like it'll turn a slash into something more "race" oriented and take away some "bash".. Ya know?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #7311
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
IDK, boredom, depression... midlife crisis.
I get that way often, some builds just seem to drag on forever. Like my Red Hilux, freaking killing me to finish but I have promised myself I won't build another scaler till it is done. Hence 3 large boxes of chassis, bodies and parts all sealed up for storage until after I am in my new home.

I have a rule, if I don't use it for a year, it goes on Craigslist (music stuff) or RCC Classifides. I just listed my '76 Takamine 12 String, my '94 Fender Fat Strat and my '10 Fender Tri-Burst Telecaster. Also why I have sold about 20 go fasts over the last 18 months. And damned if you guys didn't get me back into them.

I think I will my Slash as it is, fun and sturdy. My SC10 will run Spec Class.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #7312
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i've hovered over buying that damn chassis trey has on the way a few times today...
Ha! I've been wanting to get it for a couple weeks now it was just expensive so I've held off. After running yesterday at the track though I'm starting to get a feel for the handling. I'd like to race here soon so I thought what the hell. Get it. I should get some more steering from it.

One thing I need to do is practice from the driver stand. I'm getting used to driving from the side over there and I think it's easier considering you're just running back and forth toward and away from you. I find it's harder to drive from the stand than from the side. Without marshalls it's tough. I just need to take my turn marshalling and then drive from up there.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #7313
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
One thing I need to do is practice from the driver stand. I'm getting used to driving from the side over there and I think it's easier considering you're just running back and forth toward and away from you. I find it's harder to drive from the stand than from the side. Without marshalls it's tough. I just need to take my turn marshalling and then drive from up there.
Yeah... pretty much. Much harder when you are used to a certain view then you switch.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #7314
Pebble Pounder

When on the stand, make sure you are using different areas to drive from as well. I've seen people smoothed so tight together so they can be in the middle an no one one the ends.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #7315

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
When on the stand, make sure you are using different areas to drive from as well. I've seen people smoothed so tight together so they can be in the middle an no one one the ends.
...or the spot u want is gone because u had to install a damn house transponder. ;)
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #7316
RCC Addict

One good deal and one OK deal on Craigslist

team associated sc10 factory team

team associated sc10 4x4 brushless ready to run
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #7317
Pebble Pounder

Neil thanks for the ae2. It worked and I smashed it tonight. It's not as sexy as a couple micros but it's a huge step for me to be able to do this!

I got the idea from looking at Chris's work from Creation Fab.

Last edited by gottwins?; 08-14-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #7318
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Run any 17.5 motor. I'm having good luck with a used $15 losi motor I picked up but, I hear the trinity revtech 17.5 motors are good for blinky.
What experience, if any, have you guys had with the vented brushless motors like the trinity revtech? I assume it's for cooling purposes but it would obviously require more maintenance that something like a Pro-4 that's completely closed up. You're going to get dirt in there.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #7319
RCC Addict

I dont have an experience but, I do have a revtech that im waiting for a replacement sensor board for. When that comes in, I plan to run that motor.
I don't think we'll have many problems with debree on a track specific vehicle. My sc10 will be on dusty clay and carpet only, no bashing. I guess there is a chance of getting something in there but, I think its pretty protected.. Not like a brushed motor. I dont think there is a great chance of something getting sucked into the mechanical parts of the motor.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #7320
Rock Crawler

Yeah but we still have a little bit of a dusty truck when we're done. I bet you'll have to pull the guy apart periodically and clean it out. I've just never pulled one of my brushless motors apart. I probably should. I bet the bearings could use a little oil if anything.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame