Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #8461
Rock Crawler

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
$100 is a little on the low side, sorry. This isn't really a starter bike either. It's unbelievably fast. I've only had it up to 145 MPH but I bet it would do 190.
Hehe, I know on both accounts.

Didn't trade it to your dad for the Blazer?
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #8462
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
true that.
sucks the only option is rc4wd...
Man... I've been mildly stressing about axles for my C1 truck for days now. So, I'm gonna ramble a little. Here's what I've been thinking...

a) I can spend $350+ on rc4wd K44 axles. They are the best looking and the right width but, they lack in quality/durability and are crazy expensive.

b) I can spend $300+ on vanquish ax10 housings & parts to complete. They are the highest quality, great looking and have a removable diff cover but, they aren't the right width and are also a little pricey.

c) I can get the setup in "option b" and go through the trouble of narrowing them (cutting, machining & welding) which is a pain in the ass to have to deal with but, would be a cool little setup with offset pumpkin front, centered rear but, eh.. I don't really want to have to do that.

d) I can get the setup in "option b" and build the axles as they are intended and just come up with a ultra high offset non-beadlock 1.7 wheel that will basically surround the steering components and rear lockouts. I could even make the inside of the wheel's inner diameter a little larger for clearance. I can't really think of any problems with this other than link/shock mounts looking funny in relation to where the wheel/tire is and wheel design. It would pretty much have to be a flat face type of wheel with no dish as the hex will be pretty far forward.

Hmmmm... what do you guys think? any ideas? sometimes I think I just want to take the easy way out and get the K44's. no extra work for me.

Last edited by Die-Laughing; 09-11-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #8463
RCC Addict

Look what HobbyTown LITH just posted! the Warp Series starts 10-20-12!

Those are all Saturday dates

10 races total, 3 drops allowed.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #8464
Pebble Pounder

I want in
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #8465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Man... I've been mildly stressing about axles for my C1 truck for days now. So, I'm gonna ramble a little. Here's what I've been thinking...

a) I can spend $350+ on rc4wd K44 axles. They are the best looking and the right width but, they lack in quality/durability and are crazy expensive.

b) I can spend $300+ on vanquish ax10 housings & parts to complete. They are the highest quality, great looking and have a removable diff cover but, they aren't the right width and are also a little pricey.

c) I can get the setup in "option b" and go through the trouble of narrowing them (cutting, machining & welding) which is a pain in the ass to have to deal with but, would be a cool little setup with offset pumpkin front, centered rear but, eh.. I don't really want to have to do that.

d) I can get the setup in "option b" and build the axles as they are intended and just come up with a ultra high offset non-beadlock 1.7 wheel that will basically surround the steering components and rear lockouts. I could even make the inside of the wheel's inner diameter a little larger for clearance. I can't really think of any problems with this other than link/shock mounts looking funny in relation to where the wheel/tire is and wheel design. It would pretty much have to be a flat face type of wheel with no dish as the hex will be pretty far forward.

Hmmmm... what do you guys think? any ideas? sometimes I think I just want to take the easy way out and get the K44's. no extra work for me.
you made wider metalheads, how about narrower?
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #8466
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Why don;t you just narrow some AR60? Have you seen Guido?

You have the skill and machines. getter done
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #8467
Scale Detail Engineering

duuuuude, make the wheel and they will come.
If you could produce a C1 wheel that made Axial axles a legal option for more C1 bodies... holy shat.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #8468
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
I want a bike. Well a dirt bike, but also a road bike.

I have the sports car... could use a rough and tumble 4x4 though.
A Honda Foreman ES is next for me. Working through the options so I can order it when I get back to MS in 3 weeks.

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/fo...reman-4x4.aspx

Last edited by neillarson; 09-11-2012 at 07:50 PM.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #8469

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
duuuuude, make the wheel and they will come.
If you could produce a C1 wheel that made Axial axles a legal option for more C1 bodies... holy shat.
problem is you can only go so narrow till the wheel nut pokes out.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #8470
RCC Addict

Quote:

My only experience with RC4WD axles are the cast Yotas and both plastic and aluminium T Rex 60s. The T Rex's sucked. Broke cases on the plastic and destroyed gears on the aluminium.

Personally, I like the SCX10s if you can get or make a heavy offset wheel. I am running 1.9 Steelies with 1.7 IRoks on my red Hilux and needed flares to be legal, but barely, if I ran MTZs it might make it without the flares.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #8471
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
Didn't trade it to your dad for the Blazer?
He decided he didn't want it, he said he's too old for a bike like that. He probably is. He wants me to just try to sell it and give him the cash so he can buy a bike he'd rather have. I'm trying to decide if i should just keep the bike and just send him some $$. I dunno. I never ride it.

Sounds like he's going to make a trip up with the blazer in October some time. I can't wait!
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #8472
Rock Crawler

Lesson learned. When using green stuff, do it in layers. Otherwise it doesn't dry well and/or fast. And can cause plastic to soften. UGH!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #8473
RCC Addict

Green Stuff? Is that like a special mixture of Simple Green & Great Stuff?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #8474
Scale Detail Engineering

bong hits?
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #8475
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Green Stuff? Is that like a special mixture of Simple Green & Great Stuff?
Kneadatite Epoxy Modeling Putty (Green Stuff - 3.5oz/100g)

or such
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #8476
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Look what HobbyTown LITH just posted! the Warp Series starts 10-20-12!

Those are all Saturday dates

10 races total, 3 drops allowed.

Ahh now that is what I was waiting for!
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #8477
Rock Crawler

I'm affraid I can't do the BBQ on Sunday. I was just given tickets to the Geico 400. Pit passes and all. Can't turn that down.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #8478
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm affraid I can't do the BBQ on Sunday. I was just given tickets to the Geico 400. Pit passes and all. Can't turn that down.
NICE!!!
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #8479

Quote:
i used to get the full package for all the indy car events... i'd just hang out in the marlboro vip suite all day eating bacon.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #8480
Pebble Pounder

Indy was awesome. What's the plan with BBQ.
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame