Notices

Thread: Illinois Gun Grab!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Illinois Gun Grab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceBurner View Post
Ask the people in and around New Orleans if door to door gun collection is possible...
True story, if you don't know about it, read:

Federal trial in New Orleans underscores SAF/NRA post-Katrina lawsuit - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
The ban would just unarm the good people, the people with registered firearms & firearms licenses.. The bad guys are still going to have guns and do bad things and then we won't be able to protect ourselves. Yeah, theres no way this is going down.
How do you figure, read this (specifically article 1 section 22 of the Illinois Constitution):

Illinois Constitution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Would the federal governmeant just sit by and watch the state violation the US Constitution?
Read above link...

Quote:
Geez, can you imagine the underground market this would create??
They tried this with the 18th amendment (alcohol), but the mayhem that ensued caused them to repeal it within 13 years. Look at the widespread problems with Marijuana, do you think they will ever figure they can regulate this easier than continuing to fail enforcing a outright ban...?

Quote:
Illinois is gonna get together and march to stand up to this!
Yeah, like they have done so well stopping the draconian laws up to this point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
Trouble is most folks just bury there heads in the sand and when they pull it out to take a peek more has been lost.
Like 16oz sugary drinks in New York...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Any attempt to take guns from a well regulated militia is a threat to national security.
Depends on who you ask, a well regulated militia (we the people) is a threat to national security (the crooks who run Washington).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What part of this don't they get?
Well I guess "we the people" doesn't mean much of anything these days...
GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #42
RCC Addict

My source tells me "They didnt have the votes they wanted to pass the ban, so they put voting on hold for a few more days. They know it will never pass but they wanna try again."

Interesting.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

it was on the news that 2 "key" people were called away so it was put on hold.

If you have to make sure your cronies are there, what does that tell you.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

SPRINGFIELD — There’s not enough support in the Illinois Senate to impose tough new restrictions on semiautomatic weapons and high-capacity ammunition "clips". (Ignorant asses!)

In a setback for gun-control advocates in the wake of the killings of school children in Connecticut, the Illinois Senate was poised to adjourn Thursday without voting on two pieces of legislation aimed at limiting access to certain kinds of weapons and bullets.

Although the two proposals could emerge again when the legislature reconvenes next week, the lack of action shows the General Assembly remains divided on how to balance Second Amendment issues.

A spokeswoman for Senate President John Cullerton, D-Chicago, offered no timetable for when the gun safety proposals might surface again.

“We will take some time to work on these important issues to advance them in the near future,” Rikeesha Phelon noted in a message to reporters.

We're winning!

Keep those phones ringing off the hooks and let these sorry sons a bitches know just how angry the giant they have awoken is!!!

Last edited by dezfan; 01-03-2013 at 03:31 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

That doesn't surprise me too much. In fact I'm almost sure it's because I sent my $35 today to the NRA for a yearly membership!

Now they can work on how to handle the new provisions for concealed carry! Get to work!
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #46
Yashua

Just in case someone does'nt know;
Official National Rifle Association of America Home Page
and buy a new gun and get $10.00 off membership .
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That doesn't surprise me too much. In fact I'm almost sure it's because I sent my $35 today to the NRA for a yearly membership!

Now they can work on how to handle the new provisions for concealed carry! Get to work!

Sucker... I was at Gander Mtn Sunday and I renewed and got a hat for $25.

You know, this really is a victory for the entire country. If Il which is very gun UNfriendly, doesnt have the support for a ban, its hard to see it pass on a national level.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #48
Yashua

Don't think Obummer and Emmanuel won't try to backdoor something or other, he does have a sweet spot for "executive orders"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
You know, this really is a victory for the entire country. If Il which is very gun UNfriendly, doesnt have the support for a ban, its hard to see it pass on a national level.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #49
RCC Addict

I hope everything goes back to normal so I can pick up an AR at regular price.

Interesting story..
I just bought a Mini 14 recently (before the ban craze) and then immediately ran into some financial trouble and decided that I couldn't afford to keep the gun (landlord was stashing rent checks then, cashed them all at the same time I bought the gun) and that I would have to pick another one up in the future. Then, all this crazy shit started happening and I had my stuff listed on gunbroker auction site.. I paid $699 for the mini and $160 for four magazines. The mags went for $425 and I got $1525 for the mini. I didn't want to sell them because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get ahold of one again but, I fell into the perfect window of when everyone was buying crazy high so, That was nice. Hopefully I can pick something up in the future. I'd like to build my own AR.

Last edited by Die-Laughing; 01-03-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I hope everything goes back to normal so I can pick up an AR at regular price.

Interesting story..
I just bought a Mini 14 recently (before the ban craze) and then immediately ran into some financial trouble and decided that I couldn't afford to keep the gun (landlord was stashing rent checks then, cashed them all at the same time I bought the gun) and that I would have to pick another one up in the future. Then, all this crazy shit started happening and I had my stuff listed on gunbroker auction site.. I paid $699 for the mini and $160 for four magazines. The mags went for $425 and I got $1525 for the mini. I didn't want to sell them because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get ahold of one again but, I fell into the perfect window of when everyone was buying crazy high so, That was nice. Hopefully I can pick something up in the future. I'd like to build my own AR.
Hell, I just want to be able to buy some damn ammo, a stripped lower, and PMags at a normal price!

Luckily I picked up a 1000+ rounds of 223 right before the Sandy Hook panic buy. But I would feel better I had another 2-3 thousand in reserve.

I also need a stripped lower to complete another build.

As for mags, enough is never enough and I need more!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

I was about to get my wife a nice new 5.56 upper so we could do Appleseed together this spring... I cant even find one now. Was planning to sell my 7.62 upper to pay for it.

If you need help building one once you can get parts, let me know. I can do it nearly blindfolded. (I do always forget which direction that dang hammer spring goes though).
Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

All this talk today got me looking at revolvers! I kinda want a Ruger Vaquero now! Maybe even a matched pair! Shoot I'll be just like Doc Holiday!

I know, I know...that's your cue to make fun of Texans.

It would still be cool though! Blued with ivory grips. Kinda like the "Hand of God" from 3:10 to Yuma.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #53

ive never been really into guns other than a couple .22s and a 12ga i had as a kid and a sks and a tech9 in college. i never fired the sks and the tech9 was a pos. still wish i had the sks... i cant remember how i got either of those guns.

once i get off my ass and get my foid i will have to have to learn up on all the ar15 stuff. definitely would like to have one. when you buy magazines do you have to register them or something? how would anybody know you have high capacity magazines?

yes, im a noob.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

No you can just order them online, there aren't any rules against buying magazines at the moment.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #55

Quote:
No you can just order them online, there aren't any rules against buying magazines at the moment.
ok, so im at work and it may be easier to just ask instead of search. but can you piece together a complete ar15 (is that the model or a brand name?) without having to register any part of it?
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
ok, so im at work and it may be easier to just ask instead of search. but can you piece together a complete ar15 (is that the model or a brand name?) without having to register any part of it?
Sure, why not. AR15 is just a generic term for the type of gun; a civilian version of the M16/M4 platform (AR-15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I do believe you can pretty much buy any of the parts without needing an FFL license, except the lower receiver if I recall correctly as it is the only part that is actually serial numbered. Jetboat could probably give you detailed info, sounds like he knows his stuff.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

AR-15 is just a model copied by a ton of different companies. I believe it's Colt's design. I think the lower portion has to be registered. I'm kinda new to this too. There are so many accessories...I still haven't quite figured out what accessory works with which model and manufacturer. None of them say! Maybe that means they're standard??
Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

You will have to go through a FFL to receive your lower stripped or otherwise. This is what the guvemint considered the weapon.

Good luck finding one.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
You will have to go through a FFL to receive your lower stripped or otherwise. This is what the guvemint considered the weapon.

Good luck finding one.
Yeah pretty much every ****ing thing is sold out.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Yup, everyone is sold out at the moment! Ha, funny how that works. They'll catch up eventually.

Illinois Gun Grab! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hard gun case or gun bag? PEDEcrawlerguy Chit Chat 18 06-20-2012 10:44 AM
Gun/ pro-gun convert RCCalifornia Chit Chat 73 03-27-2009 05:31 PM
Grab me a barf bag! FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 42 03-17-2006 07:55 PM