Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Monthly Coronado Social Crawl Sunday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Monthly Coronado Social Crawl Sunday

So if someone can't make it to your events they're not allowed to go crawling locally?
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #82

Not at all what I'm saying. Your gtg was scheduled before people posted up that they won't be making it to Topeka. That means you could take attendance away if people we we on the fence about it. Therefore, instead of our two clubs working together, they are at odds with each other. I'm just looking for the same consideration that I give to your club. If you don't want to do that, it's fine. All I can do is what I already have, and ask you to reschedule. There may be folks out this way who want to attend The Coronado Social Crawls, including myself.
Topekacrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #83
Rock Stacker

Shaun, the August 10th Coronado Heights social is going to be held the day I made it for. No disrespect is being shown or given on my side. I made the date as it is before local school startup here. So I feel it would be easier for those with kids to just come out and have a fun time. Not to stomp on your event there ar Dornwood. Theres no disrespect being shown here. If people choose, then thats up to each person. I'm not holding a gun to anyone telling them to not attend any event where ever it is on that day.

So again, in full respect I have to disincline your request to have the Coronado social date changed. It will be held on the 10th at 1pm for those wishing to attend. Its a matter that every person should make on their own. You should see this as a natural state of affairs. Free will and choice.

Those who can r want to attend Dornwood should attend it. That is a great area to get a chance to trail. A very nice set of trails, and tons of challenge. Im all for those who can make it. For those who cannot make that event, there is a fun social that we do and has alot of challenges as well. Let free will be just that free will. Im good with that, you should be as well.
MikeMontgomery1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Please read this post and then come back here

I want to clear something up

I don't think attendance from our region is a concern Shaun. I think I speak for the majority when I say that we want to support all your efforts as your have supported ours. However, finances or other obligations prevent us from participating, simple as that. It has nothing to do with what event is scheduled when, we just cannot afford or facilitate the drive/time.

The fact is that I will not be at either event as I will be Beloit for the Mitchell county fair. This means that my dad will not be at either event either. This is in part due to a prior obligation, one that trumps a hobby.

You should also factor in that participation in our events are down from locals. They are either not able to alot the time, have found other interest, or do not wish to participate in our events. Kanopolis nearly did not happen, i only was able to attend because Bryan gave me a ride. I know there was a similar case with other members.

Do not take this personal, it is not meant as such. A group will be at Coronado on the 10th whether is defined as a social crawl or not. The event title has nothing to do with it.

Again, i appreciate the support you have given us, I truly wish I could return the favor, right now I can't. I don't know when I will be able to.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #85
Rock Stacker

Nicely said Adam. I agree, totally. As two groups, in such a small area, there is no reason we cannot be this way. Its good to see folks from Topeka area when able to, or any other areas. I know there are actually a few of us who would like to be able to make Topeka area events. Family and other outside events do keep those afrected from participating in things a lot. No matter the planning. It is nice to make events and meet people from other areas. Hope the Dornwood event has a great turn out, and alot of memorable moments.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #86

Next tentative date for a crawl at Corondao is September 7th and there will probably be gated courses.
DJSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #87
RCC Addict

I will try and make this one for sure.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #88
Rock Stacker

September 7th sounds fine. Was also talking to some of the others, and was going to see what people thought on doing some of the social trailing on Saturdays.? Just thought Id throw this out and see what others think. For some people it is gojng to be easier to attend a Saturday trail session over Sundays. So figured its a group deal. Im flexible, but sometimes Saturday may be better. Especially with the fall sports programs, and things that draw attention on Sunday.

Just some food for thought. Think it over and comment. Lets get this group to be active like it should. Many of us have family, and other aspects going, but it shouldnt keep us from participating or commenting either way.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #89
Pebble Pounder

I am not scheduled for class that weekend, so I plan on being there.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMontgomery1970 View Post
September 7th sounds fine. Was also talking to some of the others, and was going to see what people thought on doing some of the social trailing on Saturdays.? Just thought Id throw this out and see what others think. For some people it is gojng to be easier to attend a Saturday trail session over Sundays. So figured its a group deal. Im flexible, but sometimes Saturday may be better. Especially with the fall sports programs, and things that draw attention on Sunday.

Just some food for thought. Think it over and comment. Lets get this group to be active like it should. Many of us have family, and other aspects going, but it shouldnt keep us from participating or commenting either way.
I understand the aspect of different schedules. The group can chime in. The plan for the 7th is that we will make some courses and than have trail runs as well, and we'll scout the courses on Saturday to ensure we have them planned out since weather changes the terrain up there quite a bit. I'm open minded for another crawl that's on a Saturday in the future. For the 7th, I know I can make that work for sure. I'll be re-gearing my SCX10 since the motor change took away some wheel speed that I usually have.
DJSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #91
Rock Stacker

The 7th of September is fine. Was just saying that Saturdays should be taken into consideration. Wasnt saying to not do anything on the 7th. So hopefully you didnt take me sideways. We should discuss social times when out at a site as well.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #92
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSCX10 View Post
Next tentative date for a crawl at Corondao is September 7th and there will probably be gated courses.
What time do you want to try and start by? Also is there going to be any classes by wheel size or just a open gated deal. Was wondering as I have trucks in 1.55, 1.9, and 2.2 sizes. Like the idea of the gated course.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #93

We just started using gates this year and have been having a good time with it. We mostly use cut in half tennis balls. They would work great for out there.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #94
RCC Addict

just to throw some info in on Saturdays, wife now works till 2 on Saturdays. I can probably make it out for late afternoon events at Coronado on Saturdays, Sundays will work better for other locations. Things are looking up on my end and I am looking forward to attending some events as a participant before the snow flies and I hope to bring the daughter out more starting next spring.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #95
Pebble Pounder

I think we should scout some more trails at Kanopolis before the end of the year. I had a lot of fun out there.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:48 PM   #96
Rock Stacker

What about doing a series event? There is at least the three big areas around here, and possibly more as well we could incorporate into a series of trail runs. Coronado, Indian Rock, and of course Horse Thief Canyon areas as well. Do it as a series and have it to where we do one area, and follow it up with the next and so on. All areas do offer a different terrain feature, and difficulty level. And use gates if we like the idea, and or team ideas. But its a thought. Weve been hitting Coronado a lot lately, and not done much on the rest. Just a idea to toss out there and kick around. Im pretty cool with all the areas, which ever helps to get people active and having a good time is cool to me.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #97
Rock Stacker

Is there any events that are being held soon around here to try and go to? As a group or individual like. Id like to see a local team style of trail social held or something alittle different. Keep it creative if we can. Temps are going to be cooling off more and trailing should be more appealing to some if not all of us around here.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #98
RCC Addict

I think I will make this one........we are taking the kids to the fair on Saturday.......i am probably going to need some time away from them by then LOL.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #99

Mike, we put together a rally style race last year that was good fun. Folks brought out their go fast rigs and we had a good time. I set up gates on an area that had gravel, blacktop, grass, and dirt. It was different and brought some new faces who weren't in to crawling/trailing. I'm considering dirt drags and a sand race on a bar down at the Topeka river access too.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #100
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topekacrawls View Post
Mike, we put together a rally style race last year that was good fun. Folks brought out their go fast rigs and we had a good time. I set up gates on an area that had gravel, blacktop, grass, and dirt. It was different and brought some new faces who weren't in to crawling/trailing. I'm considering dirt drags and a sand race on a bar down at the Topeka river access too.
Shaun, I remember hearing of that rally cross run you did last year. It sounded like a fun time. The ideaas on a dirt drag, and sand race is also a good deal as well. I know theres plenty of people into the go fast side, and if theyd come out to participate, then that would increase numbers for sure. Sure would open up some avenues in the areas for sure. Good luck with your Perry lake event. Hope all who attend have some good times.

Monthly Coronado Social Crawl Sunday - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TORRCC Social Crawl & Rally Race Topekacrawls Kansas 22 01-05-2014 07:20 AM
Oct 26- Maple Hill Creek Social Crawl Topekacrawls Kansas 8 10-23-2013 04:20 PM
Sunday Social Trail/Crawl Holdencars Scale Videos! 0 08-30-2013 12:39 AM
Coronado, Sunday Oct. 21st social crawl Docwolf Kansas 77 10-23-2012 07:56 PM
July The 7th Coronado Crawl "Crawl of the Fortress" Docwolf Kansas 88 07-11-2012 03:47 PM