Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: new kyosho rock crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #81
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
When does it come out? How much will it be? Can I buy one now?
X2
PM sent
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

when can we preorder
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #83
RCC Addict

More excited by seeing this than seeing the WK or the AX...................

I will pre-order the first minute I have the opportunity.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
When does it come out? How much will it be? Can I buy one now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
X2
PM sent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double J View Post
when can we preorder
You guys did get the correct e-mail addy for this right? Again it is: badger@rccrawler.com
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #85
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
You guys did get the correct e-mail addy for this right? Again it is: badger@rccrawler.com
oops, sorry. I'll send another.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The "body" does not meet either the body or the tube chassis USRCCA rules.

Guess the rules need to be changed then
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Guess the rules need to be changed then
I wonder how many pages of posts that discussing will take up.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #88
RCC Addict

two speed isn't that great in a crawler. maybe a rock racer. by the way, yeah it looks like it would be pretty decent out of the box but who cares! what serious driver is going to leave it stock?with all the tranny options and chassis options and customizing at our hands, all that really matters is the axles. the rest, if worthy, is just bonus. i think its cool but honestly i'm not that excited about it. it looks like basically a half baked attempt to re-label the twin force as a crawler. like i said before most people are only going to care about the axles and maybe other cool little gadgets but if its just a different look to the twin axles then we've already got that and they are just trying to take more of our money... it is cool though that big companies are getting more involved. a little late though
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post
two speed isn't that great in a crawler. maybe a rock racer. by the way, yeah it looks like it would be pretty decent out of the box but who cares! what serious driver is going to leave it stock?with all the tranny options and chassis options and customizing at our hands, all that really matters is the axles. the rest, if worthy, is just bonus. i think its cool but honestly i'm not that excited about it. it looks like basically a half baked attempt to re-label the twin force as a crawler. like i said before most people are only going to care about the axles and maybe other cool little gadgets but if its just a different look to the twin axles then we've already got that and they are just trying to take more of our money... it is cool though that big companies are getting more involved. a little late though
A little late? There's only one kit (complete roller in a box) on the market here in the US thats available to the mass market. I wouldn't say they are late. I would say they are well ahead of the game at this point. Crawling in Japan is still very new, so any crawler that comes out from overseas companies should be a big hit over there.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post

So you have inside information on how their 2 speed works and why it sucks right? Just because the e-maxx 2 speed isn't ideal for crawling doesn't mean this tranny will be.
So what would constitute a full baked attempt?
Twin axles are stout as fawk! Why change them too much?
So what major company isn't trying to make money buy having us buy their products?

I am all for any company that wants to build kick a$$ stuff for this hobby!
Personally I think this is a badass looking crawler!

Last edited by blue-beard; 10-12-2007 at 04:58 PM.
blue-beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #91
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
I wonder how many pages of posts that discussing will take up.
Im guessing 10ish
Im guessing there will be more addicts requesting preorder info...
~John
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Hey RCP or its affiliates. 2 Questions you might be able to supply answers to.

1. Likeliness of actual production (say on a scale of 1-not so likely to 10-very solid)
2. Expected release (weeks away, months, year, more?)

Thanks
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post

1. Likeliness of actual production (say on a scale of 1-not so likely to 10-very solid)

Anwser: 5

Anwser: Next Millinuim

Hope this helps
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
A little late? There's only one kit (complete roller in a box) on the market here in the US thats available to the mass market. I wouldn't say they are late. I would say they are well ahead of the game at this point. Crawling in Japan is still very new, so any crawler that comes out from overseas companies should be a big hit over there.
I meant compared to the sport not the market. like the ax-10 was late also compared to how long the sport has been popular. sorry for the miscommunication

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-beard View Post

So you have inside information on how their 2 speed works and why it sucks right? Just because the e-maxx 2 speed isn't ideal for crawling doesn't mean this tranny will be.
So what would constitute a full baked attempt?
Twin axles are stout as fawk! Why change them too much?
So what major company isn't trying to make money buy having us buy their products?

I am all for any company that wants to build kick a$$ stuff for this hobby!
Personally I think this is a badass looking crawler!
1. sure it might be a great 2 speed tranny. i'm just saying 2 speeds are kind of unnecessary for crawling. you gear it low and then you get wheel speed from volts not by gearing back up because then you lose torque. and why would you do that when you could get more wheel speed and more torque with a couple more volts which would probably be the same or less weight as the 2 speed components.
2. full baked as in re-doing everything. a completely new rig. not just slapping force axles under a new chassis. i mean thats what we all do anyway.
3. yes i know that the force axles are strong. i have a pair myself. i meant that its pointless to just make them look different and put them under a new chassis because then you'll basically just end up with the same axles! they are indeed great axles but they are already here. this is beside the point but one revision to the force series axles i would make is a smooth surface under the pumpkin. the ridges for the screws is the one thing i'm not to fond of on the force axles. so if these rock force axles are smooth on the bottom then the housings might be worth buying.
4. yeah i agree companies exist to make a profit. i'm just putting a thought out there that if these axles are basically the same as the twin/mad force axles then this kit is just really not much more than a scheme to take more money from you. its basic economics. you have one product and then a new one comes out that probably works equally as well but the fact that it is the latest model you have to dish out the dough. a good example is the ipods. they often have very little improvement from one generation to the next. and they probably have a couple more generations already developed and capable of being ready to sell but why would they sell them first when they can make money off of less-new model first.
5. who isn't all for companies making awesome things for this hobby (besides the wives haha). again i was just presenting a thought that maybe this isn't that special because its the same if not behind what we have been building all along. yeah it looks cool but again whats different about it? what is special and innovative about it thats worth me dishing out a few hundred bucks to have something a good deal better than what i have now.

Sorry for any miscommunications. and i didn't mean to be prejudice toward this new truck. i was just stating a different point of view. hope this clears things up
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:

Thanks
as far as i know, RCP does not have anything to do with the crawler in this thread. you would have to ask kyosho.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Don't any of you guys pay attention?

I highly doubt that it was coincidence that this guy showed up at RCP's Crawling booth.

Last edited by gstealer; 11-02-2007 at 08:29 PM.
gstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstealer View Post
Don't any of you guys pay attention?

I highly doubt that it was coincidence that this guy showed up at RCP's Crawling booth.
exactly. and for those that don't know who that is, it's gil losi jr.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046 View Post
exactly. and for those that don't know who that is, it's gil losi jr.
Running a nice rendition of some crawler.

PS in the RC word Gil Losi Jr should be refered to as God...thank you.

Last edited by binaryterror; 10-12-2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: grammar
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Quote:
Running a nice rendition of some crawler.

PS in the RC word Gil Losi Jr should be refered to as God...thank you.
gil was wheeling brian's 2.2 hustler in that pic.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Quote:
The "body" does not meet either the body or the tube chassis USRCCA rules.
funny, that was the first thing I thought when i saw that picture too.

With this, and the GMade Stealth both of which are illegal; maybe the rules should be amended. I dont plan on running either; but for people just entering the hobby that would be a swift kick in the nads to find out that your new, factory produced rig is not competition legal.

RCP, I sent you a paypal for $500; call it a pre-pre-pre order (let me know if it will cost more.)
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote