Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: A Killer conversion for the Losi Micro Crawler & more

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life View Post
Well, I got mine a couple weeks ago, putting it together was a snap! Every piece fit as it was designed! I was able to do the conversion in less than an half hour!
I have been driving mine almost everyday, and its been about 3 weeks with no issues what so ever! I'm running an ounce of BB's in the front wheels and I was kinda worried about the extra weight and the leafs but they are holding up strong, rollover after rollover!
I am still amazed on how well this chassis was designed, very well thought trough Blade!
Now lets talk about function.. To be honest with you, I think it drives and handles a lot better with this chassis, not only does it look bad ass, it works very well!

When I mounted the servo to the chassis, I actually had to flip the mounts around, with the bottom facing up, this allowed me to mount the servo level or parallel to the chassis rails. I installed a Hitec HS55 and I used the small servo horn that came with the servo and boy, what an improvement! And with the well designed servo setup there is absolutely no bump steer!

So if you love your Micro, I'm sure you will love it more with the Blade SMC!
~K4L
I am glad to hear you are enjoying the chassis

Blade
BLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Well I was sick of staring at pictures so I just ordered one.

"What" or "how" are people mounting bodies to thier frame??
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-buck View Post

I am using a velcro setup I will have to see if I can get some pics in the next few days.

Blade
Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-buck View Post

I was able to screw the rear of the body right into the last hole at the end of the rear of the chassis, the front I just made a 'U' shaped mount out of styrene and attached it right above the front servo mounting holes and then used velco to attach the body to the mount!
So far its holding up great!
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
I am using a velcro setup I will have to see if I can get some pics in the next few days. Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life View Post
I was able to screw the rear of the body right into the last hole at the end of the rear of the chassis, the front I just made a 'U' shaped mount out of styrene and attached it right above the front servo mounting holes and then used velco to attach the body to the mount!
So far its holding up great!
Thanks for the ideas... I just want to have some sort of plan when I switch everything over.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:39 PM   #86
Pebble Pounder

got it today and assembled it...AMAZING pixs to come
revoracer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:24 PM   #87
Pebble Pounder

revoracer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoracer99 View Post
Looking good

Blade
Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #89

can someone please post a video of this chassis in action? i have been dying to see this thing on some rocks.
microracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

This just in!

Thanks Crawler X!

FDAapproved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDAapproved View Post
This just in!

Thanks Crawler X!

Your welcome, I will have some more stickers in the next couple weeks so I will make sure to send all of you hat have placed orders stickers as soon as I get them.

Blade

Last edited by BLADE; 04-01-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Mine has been shipped. I just picked up a new HS-65 servo for it today, so when it gets here, the Magick can happen.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:46 AM   #93
Rock Stacker

Got mine half built. I only have one short driveline atm :<
Had a few problems with the leafs not fitting around the stock shock mounts and i ended up having to shave them down a bit to get them to stop binding.

Haven't seen any flex shots so here ya go. just threw some crap on it to make it close to the weight it should be.

Last edited by Ratboy99; 04-04-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Ratboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy99 View Post
Got mine half built. I only have one short driveline atm :<
Had a few problems with the leafs not fitting around the stock shock mounts and i ended up having to shave them down a bit to get them to stop binding.

Haven't seen any flex shots so here ya go. just threw some crap on it to make it close to the weight it should be.

The back sides of the shock mounts do need to be ground down for clearance, I apologize for not mentioning that in my previous posts.

Blade
Old 04-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #95

Hey Blade. I received the chassis and love it. I finished the build with a couple of issues I'd like to see if I did something wrong. First one is the rear drive shaft is a little to short. I put the rear axle on the last two holes and the front axle on the forward most holes in order to get the largest wheelbase I can get. Front drive shaft is fine but the rear is just at the edge. Any form of pressure or articulation will make it pop out. The second issue is the servo and steering arm. I mounted the servo on the top and most forward set of holes. I also had to mount the steering arm on the backside of the horn instead of the frontbecause it was at an ackward angle. Now the steering arm will bind up against the leaf spring when turning left and I wont get any articulation. I was thinking about moving the servo down to the lower holes but that looks like the servo will bind against the frame when articulating. I looked at your pictures of the build but there aren't any clear shots from the front. Can you help me with this?? Thanks
Linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
Hey Blade. I received the chassis and love it. I finished the build with a couple of issues I'd like to see if I did something wrong. First one is the rear drive shaft is a little to short. I put the rear axle on the last two holes and the front axle on the forward most holes in order to get the largest wheelbase I can get. Front drive shaft is fine but the rear is just at the edge. Any form of pressure or articulation will make it pop out. The second issue is the servo and steering arm. I mounted the servo on the top and most forward set of holes. I also had to mount the steering arm on the backside of the horn instead of the frontbecause it was at an ackward angle. Now the steering arm will bind up against the leaf spring when turning left and I wont get any articulation. I was thinking about moving the servo down to the lower holes but that looks like the servo will bind against the frame when articulating. I looked at your pictures of the build but there aren't any clear shots from the front. Can you help me with this?? Thanks
Linx

You got a PM

Blade
Old 04-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #97
Quarry Creeper

I just wanted to mention to everyone that has purchased a kit and that is going to, the chassis is designed with the 4" wheelbase in mind it can be slightly extended but you will then have to extend your
drive lines any one who has some pics and info on what they did to extend there Micro drivelines please let me know so I can pass it on to others.

Thanks
Blade
Old 04-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #98
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I just wanted to mention to everyone that has purchased a kit and that is going to, the chassis is designed with the 4" wheelbase in mind it can be slightly extended but you will then have to extend your
drive lines any one who has some pics and info on what they did to extend there Micro drivelines please let me know so I can pass it on to others.

Thanks
Blade

Cut the female end of the shaft in half and super glue the pieces in to a pic pen tube. I've made 4 of them this way and haven't broke one yet.
Ratboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Thanks
Blade
Exactly what Ratboy said. Here it was a few weeks ago before I dismantled it to start workin' on mounting the leafs(thanks Chameleonkid!)

Hope this helps. Any more pics needed, just ask. I used pipe cutters(those little things that you twist the pipe in to get an even cut) and then used a hand drill to open up the hole more, then hot glued each end into it and made it black, to look better with the chassis. Not perfectly straight the female end was in but it works. Then just connect up to the shafts and its all good. Of course mine is much longer than anyone else's will probably be(besides Ratboy and his Silverado ) but it gets the main point across. Blade, the chassis looks great but I won't be buying one ;) sorry man!
Stampedekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #100

So the pen diameter is the same? You don't have to make the hole bigger or anything even though the male is square in shape?
Linx is offline   Reply With Quote