Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Brushless CF Comp Rig "CreepyG" V1.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan3535 View Post
So what radio system and receiver are you using? Looking to make mine 4 wheel steering but need a good micro 3channel
Awesome build!
Thanks...
Didn't read the build? He stated he used a sr3500. Spektrums micro 3ch receiver, and in his pics you can see his DX3R transmitter.
Evilinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

If you are looking for an affordable radio for FWS I highly recommend the GT3B. Its 3 Channels ,has model memory, its $35 and spare receivers are under $10 and sold under many names.
with a $25 firmware flash kit you can upgrade it to have better & more features like mixing, and remapping the keys to a channel or function, or even flash it to give you 3ch,6channels or up to 8channels

so for under $60 you can have a radio with as many or more features than the expensive brands
Check it out

GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...53#post3143553
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #63
Rock Stacker

i agree with Spoo, the gt3b is a GREAT radio for the money. Hobby king has them for $27.99, and extra rx's are $6.. It doesnt get any cheaper than that!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16199
dustinbleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

I usually use hobbyking, and did when i picked up spare 3ch and 6ch RXs for another TX that also happen to work with the GT3B.
But when i got the GT3B i picked it up for $35 from hobbypartz.com
it was free shipping at the time but even with shipping it should get to you much quicker than hobbyking for about the same price, if not less when you consider Hobbykings shipping rate tiers.

it also comes with a free USB cable so you can use the TX as a game controller.
TX http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html
Spare 3ch http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-gtr3c-receiver.html

you can use this 6ch RX but you cant use the extra channels unless you flash the custom firmware to the TX http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-r6b-receiver.html

you can also pick up the TX pre-modded and flashed with the programer for later use and even spare RX's from LosiKid. he is a supporting vendor,does great work and is very helpful the link for that is in my previous post
Old 07-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info on the radios. I can't believe the price on the GTB3. Before I pull the trigger....One reason I got into micro is I travel every week and have alot of hotel time. I sometimes bring my micro with me since my AX10 is too big. This may sound sily but is there such thing ad a smaller radio than stantard? Kinda sucks that my radio takes up more room in my suitcase than tha Crawler
Thanks
Stan3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

I converted mine over to Spektrum DSM2 that is used for air electronics. I use this little 4ch rx
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Receiver_.html

And I use this little 4ch rx. I like how the trottle works with no return to center, its kinda like cruise control on my crawler.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLH1064
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:38 AM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevyguy View Post
I converted mine over to Spektrum DSM2 that is used for air electronics. I use this little 4ch rx
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Receiver_.html

And I use this little 4ch rx. I like how the trottle works with no return to center, its kinda like cruise control on my crawler.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLH1064
What did you do to over come the reverse issue on a radio like that?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #68
Rock Stacker

Not sure if they make anything smaller.. The only thing i have seen would be an Xmods tx, which folds to a very compact size.. Probably wouldnt work to well for what you need it for though.

I guess it would work with a small 27mhz rx though.. who knows.

But hey, this is cool...

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...cat_name=BAGS#

Last edited by dustinbleh; 07-22-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info on the smallest tx I have seen yet, has anyone reading this used this radio with the Losi micro?

Stan3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:26 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan3535 View Post
Thanks for the info on the smallest tx I have seen yet, has anyone reading this used this radio with the Losi micro?
Ick. I wouldn't even try. Going from 2.4ghz down to a MHz system, that wouldn't sit well with me.

I have that hobby king 3ch and a dx3s. I wouldn't trade the dx3s for the hobby king one, but in a budget crunch, that hobby king can't be beat for only 30 bucks and it includes a micro rx. Extra rx's are like 12 bucks, as mentioned before.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #71
Rock Stacker

It could be done i think, but it wouldnt be easy because im not even sure this radio has trims of any kind on it, let along reversing switches. I would either just keep the stock radio, or get the GT3B and a couple receivers, great value for the money. Then you can find a small ESC, like an FXR or a B1R and throw it in there, which would work much better than the stock setup.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinbleh View Post
It could be done i think, but it wouldnt be easy because im not even sure this radio has trims of any kind on it, let along reversing switches. I would either just keep the stock radio, or get the GT3B and a couple receivers, great value for the money. Then you can find a small ESC, like an FXR or a B1R and throw it in there, which would work much better than the stock setup.
I have the Tekin b1r in mine and it fits perfectly on the stock rear axle plate, if you're not going rear steering that is. But even then you could servo tape it to the servo.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinbleh View Post
the GT3B has trims, Reversing should be available on the stock firmware but its available on the custom firmware
Old 07-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
the GT3B has trims, Reversing should be available on the stock firmware but its available on the custom firmware
I think he was meaning that slim 27mhz radio didn't have trims.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilinside View Post
I think he was meaning that slim 27mhz radio didn't have trims.
You comin over here to debate with me too!? the exploded parts view says otherwise
Old 07-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
You comin over here to debate with me too!? the exploded parts view says otherwise
I just learned a valuable lesson!

Do not take a drink of something when clicking to read a response... you just might laugh so hard you spit your drink out all over the keyboard...

I thank you for teaching me this valuable lesson!

But all is ok, I have an exploded parts view of my keyboard, so I can fix it and gain more speed and torque!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #77
Rock Stacker

Bwahaha.

Yes i meant the Xmods radio
Old 07-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilinside View Post
What did you do to over come the reverse issue on a radio like that?
When you calibrate the esc all you have to do is center the stick
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote