Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 2014: past, present, future.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 12:40 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2014: past, present, future.

Or what about a lowrider? No, seriously...
Attached Images

R.Billy Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2015, 06:02 AM   #22

^I think you have a problem guy...lol...but its cool well let it slide,nice builds man
northsydryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Billy Rob View Post
And then that brings me to my big project. This one I don't plan on being a quick and easy project. It's a 1/20 scale Lindburg Peterbilt kit. I really don't want to do this one up stock, so the ideas have been flying around my head like crazy! I want to do some custom body work to make her look more like a show truck. I also have been toying with some ideas on how to raise and lower the suspension like airbags. As for axles, depending on funds, I'll either go with redcat axles, or a set of Sam's CNC aluminum axles. I have also toyed with the idea of putting a Bluetooth speaker in this one so I can have some tunes! Like I said, this will be a very involved project, and I don't plan to have it finished anytime soon. I'll take my time with this one! I wanted to show you a little size comparison, so I pictured this one with a stock Trekker tire, a stock Peterbilt tire, and a Miclaw. The Peterbilt tires are right in between the others in size. This is the thread that has inspired me to do this build: Micro Pete A.K.A. Crawler Hauler

Use micro RC heli servos on each corner to raise and lower the suspension...

KBR97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBR97 View Post
Use micro RC heli servos on each corner to raise and lower the suspension...
That's actually a really good idea! I might try it out, if my first idea doesn't pan out. I actually found a 1:24/1:25 working airbag kit on eBay. It's a little pricey, and I'll probably need two, but it's pretty cool!

http://youtu.be/ukgBUpLrRFU
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #25

That is incredibly awesome.
ICrashHelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
For my third build I went for a bit more of a challenge for myself. I decided on a Lindburg GMC Sonoma Baja kit. I went for a highly modified bobbed, cut, doved, rear-stear Truggy. Big Red was a definite problem child all-throughout the build, and still proves to be one. I've since taken out the rear-stear, because I just couldn't stand the Redcat ESC. on my last outing with her, I broke the hinges off of the hood, and busted out the windshield! Now it's only held on by the wipers! Anyway, if you want more, here's her thread:

1/20 4ws S-10 truggy (Flat-bottomed girl)
What didn't u like about the redcat rec?
Slambaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slambaam View Post
What didn't u like about the redcat rec?
Honestly, it was mostly the controller. My son was always messing with the buttons and changing the settings. It was just to frustrating for me to try to reset everything before I ran it. The Losi controller is just simpler. That, and not having a lipo cutoff.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:36 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Great builds! That van would be killer with that MAS kit. Just a heads up I ordered that kit on dec 16 & he still hasn't shipped it out. I hope he comes through though. I really need it for my Titan project
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy55 View Post
Great builds! That van would be killer with that MAS kit. Just a heads up I ordered that kit on dec 16 & he still hasn't shipped it out. I hope he comes through though. I really need it for my Titan project
That sucks, I hope you get it soon. I nearly lost it when I found the video on YouTube. The idea of micro airbags is just so cool! I would love to see that Titan project of yours.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

I was so happy to find that kit! I posted the titan up in the micro scale section..I hope the kit shows up soon he had a problem with the pump supplier & is waiting for it to be corrected..
Quote:
That sucks, I hope you get it soon. I nearly lost it when I found the video on YouTube. The idea of micro airbags is just so cool! I would love to see that Titan project of yours.
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote

2014: past, present, future. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th annual North Park Scale Adventure 2014 Nov 9th, 2014 JesterSpec Pennsylvania 14 12-24-2014 03:53 PM
2014/2015 WCRCC Scale Challenge Season Opener October 4th 2014 rcjunky3 California 3 08-21-2014 05:18 PM
2014 Crawling GTG's and (NON-2014 MIRCA) Event Discussion 95geo Michigan 5 02-23-2014 05:06 PM
Whats your favorite build on rcc past or present..... FRENCHBLUE72 Chit Chat 28 12-16-2010 10:14 PM