Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My BWD Mini Wedge Pro build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

I got problems CC Sidewinder woes need a fix now the weathers getting better and the days are getting longer.

Thanks in advance.
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Little update.

The ESC woes are sorted and I have reverse, so I've now got the electronics strapped in.

The receiver will get the on/off switch servo taped to it. Made a lexan mount for the ESC and BEC.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Although there is very little to no torque twist in normal use I added a pen spring to the rear left to limit travel and the improvements are worthwhile, will look at limiting the travel of the front shocks, though not too worried at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzx0fqCmE7U&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyRB...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xw3PH4kM0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GejYOc_GnDs

Not great but taken on 3GS whilst I was at the controls too.

Elite 850mah 2S on the rear axle. Getting great run times out of this cell whilst testing in the back yard. Highly recommended lipo.

Just need to add the bug body to add this finishing touch and give a bit of protection.

Great fun building this rig but driving and fine tuning it is even more fun, I'm hooked.
Attached Images

Last edited by neiloid1; 05-02-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: YouTube links added
Old 04-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

measure ur front end with the g made spacers i had to shave alittle off both sides to stay within the 8in comp rules also i drilled the cvds to 2.2 pins hope this helps you looks great on the build
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Thomas, not heard of the 2.2 cvd pin mod, that leaves enought metal round the pin? As far as the width goes I couldn't give a hoot as comps in the UK are rare as rockin' horse shit - if I ever were to then I'd just stick on me Losi aluminium hex's. I'm at 8.25 with the G-made hex's. I'd not even considered measuring the width, so thank you.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #66
RCC Addict

WOW and i thought i crammed alot into mine LOL. looks good man
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #67
Quarry Creeper

i broke a cvd but not at the pin so seems to hav enough metal left i just didnt want any play at the pin with the 1.9 pin it had the smallest amount of stall mayb u wont notice it but bigger pin equals more strenght n no more bent pins haha
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

so does the 2.2 CVD pin fit right in the 1.9 CVD hole?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #69
RCC Addict

yes i believe it does fit tight, guys in my club are running MRC inners with LCC stubs with no mods, if i recall correctly
Old 04-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like a plan - how you liking your bodiless set up? Did you go for the thicker of the two on offer and how is it for righting after a roll. I've got a beatle body being painted up but I reckon bodiless may be a better option as my stocker cutaway shell was a real pain today. Just happy that Don offers the option as it saves building a whole new rig.

Got anymore pics of your bodiless mini wedge?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Looks good Neil. It's fun shoe-horning everything into that chassis. As for the CVD mod, I believe you need a couple 5x8mm id/od bearings to make it work.
gdhknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloid1 View Post
Sounds like a plan - how you liking your bodiless set up? Did you go for the thicker of the two on offer and how is it for righting after a roll. I've got a beatle body being painted up but I reckon bodiless may be a better option as my stocker cutaway shell was a real pain today. Just happy that Don offers the option as it saves building a whole new rig.

Got anymore pics of your bodiless mini wedge?
its nice, rolls over great. Im running the thinner one no issues so far at all. I did get into a situation i know the body would have popped out of that the topper jammed me up bad and cost me the gate IMO. But just need to take that into account is all.
heres all my pics of the topper

Old 05-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #73
RCC Addict

This thread has helped me alot
I'm in the process of gettin a MRC together for my girl and the mini wedge is the chassis I'll be working with for sure.

Thank you for taking the time to document everything
You've got a great looking rig there!
The Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrind808 View Post
This thread has helped me alot
I'm in the process of gettin a MRC together for my girl and the mini wedge is the chassis I'll be working with for sure.

Thank you for taking the time to document everything
You've got a great looking rig there!
x2 !
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Default Thanks chaps - appreciated.

Thank you both for your kind words, it's been a pleasure documenting the build and I'm glad you both found it useful.

Next on the list the a better motor, BWD Dub Topper and the Proline dub body (which my brother has for painting - and has had for the past 6 months ), etc......

Pics and video to follow - love driving this rig and I'm sure you will too. Any questions just feel free to contact me.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Default Small update

Got the heavier rim weights for my Losi aluminum beadlocks through. Gone are the shiny weights that come with the wheels to be replaced with these industrial looking lumps. Added 30 grams to each wheel (1oz) giving an all up weight of 7.4ozs per side up front.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Default and

I also fabbed a new rear 4 link whilst waiting for Don to get back to me after a chat with Rick M. Took the stock rear link plate and took a hack saw to it. Attached the stock lower links with 3mm hardware either end and 20 minutes later this is the result.
Hardly a thing of great beauty but it gives me the chance to assess the longer rear links set up for free.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Good job on the rear link plate and longer links. How is the geometry and articulation with this new set-up compared to the original BWD set-up?
The Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

do yourself a big favor and chop out all the wiring. my mamba 25, futaba rx and bec all fit inside the chassis with battery on the rear axle.very clean looking. love the hell out of my mini wedge now. ordered a black DUB topper. cant wait!!!
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGMJunkie View Post
do yourself a big favor and chop out all the wiring. my mamba 25, futaba rx and bec all fit inside the chassis with battery on the rear axle.very clean looking. love the hell out of my mini wedge now. ordered a black DUB topper. cant wait!!!
Top tip. I will once I'm happy with the final placement of the receiver. My ESC has decided to stop playing ball and my stock motor took a dump on me so I'm using a mini T motor and the stock ESC at the moment. So it looks like the motor upgrade will be sooner rather than later.

Just waiting on pictures from RickM....

Any reason for the black over white Dub topper?