Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Losi Rock Rey

Notices

Thread: Losi Baja Rey 1/10th 4WD RTR desert truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #1261
RCC Addict

Default Re: Losi Baja Rey 1/10th 4WD RTR desert truck

2100kv on 4s? I've got 4 (?) packs through the ssd bulkhead now with no carnage, so I'm half tempted to feed the 3800kv 4s... certainly not needed though, 3s is already more than enough for me. I tried a 15t pinion (too fast for me except when in virgin sand dunes) and the truck didn't try to take take flight on flat ground, so if someone was really itchin' for speed, I bet this truck would stay stable at some pretty ridiculous speeds.

I know it's still early, but I think the drivetrain has finally reached a level that could be called "reliable."
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #1262
Quarry Creeper

So i finally got my pro line yeti raptor body on and it turned out pretty good. It lines up almost perfect and i was able to use stock mounting screws and plastic washers just not all of the stock locations but i didn't think it was necessary and finally came up with a way to secure the rear fenders. The rear top mounts didn't line up. I'm also going to try out a set of pro line gladiators. They are a little bigger then the kr2's and just a couple mm's shorter then the stock desert claws. So after i become a paying member whats the best way to post pictures? Is tapatalk the way to go or is there an easier way...thanks
BAJAREY2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:30 AM   #1263
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJAREY2017 View Post
So i finally got my pro line yeti raptor body on and it turned out pretty good. It lines up almost perfect and i was able to use stock mounting screws and plastic washers just not all of the stock locations but i didn't think it was necessary and finally came up with a way to secure the rear fenders. The rear top mounts didn't line up. I'm also going to try out a set of pro line gladiators. They are a little bigger then the kr2's and just a couple mm's shorter then the stock desert claws. So after i become a paying member whats the best way to post pictures? Is tapatalk the way to go or is there an easier way...thanks

If you use your mobile to view this forum then I'd say Tapatalk it's super easy and relatively cheap and has some cool features in the personal setting allowing you to get "pings" when something is posted quite important !!! When waiting for speacial parts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #1264
Quarry Creeper

Sounds good, thanks! I'll work on posting up some pics this weekend. This is such an awesome site i just wish there was more activity around here. Not knocking anybody it just seems like days can go by before any new posts. I know there is a rock rey pic thread but no baja rey. It would be nice to see what others have done to their rey.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:13 AM   #1265
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Sounds good, thanks! I'll work on posting up some pics this weekend. This is such an awesome site i just wish there was more activity around here. Not knocking anybody it just seems like days can go by before any new posts. I know there is a rock rey pic thread but no baja rey. It would be nice to see what others have done to their rey.

If your on face book there's Losi rock rey and baja rey group with about 1,500 members so plenty of posts and picks for inspiration

Old 10-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #1266
Quarry Creeper

g Going to try out the new tires today, can't wait to see how the do on the track.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #1267
Quarry Creeper

Can't wait to try the new tires on the track sorry if I double posted

Old 10-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #1268
RCC Addict

Oooooo! That does look good! For 1/2 the price of the Losi, you may have found my next body.

Is that a T-bone Rock Rey bumper on the front? Do you have a picture head on and/or from underneath?

Last edited by TheLetterJ; 10-15-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:01 PM   #1269
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I think it's the one for the aarma senton. It came with longer screws and I just screwed it in to the bulkhead, it was pretty easy. Just had to trim it a little so the lower a arms had full movement and

Old 10-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #1270
Quarry Creeper

Also had to drill and countersink the mounting holes

Old 10-15-2017, 04:23 PM   #1271
RCC Addict

Cool, thanks. Looks better than the RR version that looks like a pair of lips!
Old 10-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #1272
Quarry Creeper

So I ran a few packs with my new pro line gladiators and they are awesome!! You can still slide it around without traction rolling and they seem to work good everywhere. When the track drys out it's slick, it's hard pack with a layer of dust on it but these tires still hooked up so good on it. I would rate them over the kr2's and the stockers. After 5 packs there is no sign of wear on them. They don't have the scale look of the kr2's but they still look good on the truck since they are about the same size as the desert claws.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:06 PM   #1273
RCC Addict

Man, I had a good day racing with Baja Rey today! Ran for several hours and the only casualty was (another) front bumper. It was so nice being able to run as hard as I could and not having to worry about diff failure. The track doesn't have any big jumps so I was surprisingly able stay near the front of the pack all day, even won a couple heats.

I really wanted to freshen up the body next, but now I'm wondering about playing with stiffer springs and putting some more effort into getting it to handle short/sharp bumps/jumps better... anybody know what commonly available springs will fit the rear shocks?

I do like the function of those T-bone bumpers, but if I'm going to need to modify the crap out of it, I'm starting to think I should give a shot at making my own. Are they just made out of black UHMW-PE? I see a dollar store cutting board and a heat gun in this truck's future.

Yep. Still my favorite rc.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:34 AM   #1274
Quarry Creeper

I think it's made of delrin. Are you still running the stock shocks

Old 10-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #1275
RCC Addict

Yea, still running the stock shocks. My buddy just put a set of Powerstrokes on his Yeti TT and they sure are nice... but out of my budget. Honestly, the stock BR shocks have been smooth and leak free, I figure that most of the performance gains would come from being properly sprung anyway. If I could get a couple sets of springs to play with, I'd get 1/2 way "there" for 1/10 the cost. I do see stock takeoff Yeti TT kit shocks (aluminum bodies) going for ~$22 for the whole set, are they even worth my time?
Old 10-22-2017, 01:36 PM   #1276
Quarry Creeper

I love my pro lines but I had my stock ones set up pretty good using stock springs. One thing I hate about the pro lines is they leak. I called them and they sent a rebuild kit and I used slime when I rebuilt them but they still leak. It's kind of annoying but they are worth it. With my stock ones I was using 35 wt in the front with a little more pre load then stock and anywhere from 50 to 70wt in the rear and kept the preload about the same and I liked them. No more endos but I bought the prolines mostly cause they look awesome but you can get the stock ones to work it just takes some time.

Old 10-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #1277
Quarry Creeper

I'm gonna try some of these out

Old 10-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #1278
Quarry Creeper

Does anybody else have a really noisy Baja Rey? I use to lightly grease the trans gears but attracted to much dirt so I don't anymore but damn this thing is so loud and I just had it torn apart and re greased and replaced bearings but still noisy. Going to replace the ring and pinions as well as trans gears and putting a 12 tooth motor pinion gear. RPP hobby has 15% off pretty much everything so ordered a ssd bulkhead too. Hopefully that will turn things back to normal.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:45 PM   #1279
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Does anybody else have a really noisy Baja Rey? I use to lightly grease the trans gears but attracted to much dirt so I don't anymore but damn this thing is so loud and I just had it torn apart and re greased and replaced bearings but still noisy. Going to replace the ring and pinions as well as trans gears and putting a 12 tooth motor pinion gear. RPP hobby has 15% off pretty much everything so ordered a ssd bulkhead too. Hopefully that will turn things back to normal.

Have you tried the 1mm washer between the motor mount and transmission housing , A trick I saw Micheal Pham (I think he works for vanquish) talking about it on the Facebook rock rey page and gave it a go and I shit you not it works 100% ,
Definitely quieter ,...try it I think you’ll be surprised obviously creates a tiny step on the underside of chassis plate but nothing really !

Old 10-23-2017, 12:52 PM   #1280
Quarry Creeper

I'm gonna have to try that thanks! I'm just not sure where you're talking about putting the washer

Losi Baja Rey 1/10th 4WD RTR desert truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thunder Tiger Jackal 1/10th 4wd Desert Buggy RichMTB01 2.2 Scale Rigs 17 01-19-2016 12:36 AM
Vaterra 1/10 Twin Hammers DT 1.9 4WD Desert Truck RTR spectre Vaterra Twin Hammers 0 10-01-2015 07:54 AM
HPI Mini Trophy 1/12 Scale 4WD Desert Truck constantmotion Non Crawler RC's 31 08-01-2010 09:56 PM