Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maine

Notices

Thread: Proposed All around fun park Nobleboro Maine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #41

Default Re: Proposed All around fun park Nobleboro Maine

I'm getting worried about the weather / ground conditions this weekend. If it stays frozen its gonna be hard to work with but if it rains as much as forecast my machines will turn everthing into a muddy mess. I hate to say it but mother nature may put a hold on our project.
Countryhandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Yah i had that feeling too. Its gonna be a mud pie down there for sure. Think we may be bumming till spring. Guess we'll wait and see.
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #43

We'll how bout a run at Bradbury?
compassarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Ide like to but dont have a crawler running right now. Ford is waiting on rims and fix the top link mount, stomper needs new transmission, and the ridgecrest is waiting on a motor and esc . Waiting on parts my least favorite thing about my addiction lol. ive already started my winter cleaning , greasing and total go overs for spring. Hope you all have a great and safe turkey day!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #45

i would be up for bradbury or reid state or bath. the tf2 wont be up for another beating but the mini wraith is!
Midcoast crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androtaz View Post
ive already started my winter cleaning , greasing and total go overs for spring.
You don't run them in the winter?
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Up until may of this year I didn't have anyone to crawl with. I run them a little here and there during the winter. Depends on how deep the snow is and how it packs. When I found this site and all you fine people I really didn't run much more then in my drive way. Where I needed to work on them anyway , figured now was as good a time as any. I usually wait till the new year to go threw them.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

What's the crawling like a Reid State Park? I'm up for one more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #49

reid state is a lot of jagged rock above high tide line and more rock below that
Midcoast crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Where are we at? Any thoughts to when we may be able to start things up? Getting colder all the time ...so im thinking mid spring when its dry enough?
Old 12-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #51

I'm thinking as soon as its dry enough lets do it
Old 01-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Is it spring yet?
Old 01-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #53

Holy crap I'm not enjoying this winter stuff...
Old 02-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

So ..last night I got 0 sleep. With all the talk of spring and getting this built and having a KOH event. This is what kept me up all night. Now these are just thoughts, ide like some input on things you like/don't like. Once we get it up to where its finished, ide like to see a few runs over the summer to feel out what the turn out might be. If this goes well this year. Ide like to do 3 events in 2015. Maybe use the club name in there some where ,Consisting of a KOH course for the majority of the day (providing there is enough interest and people show) and the later half of the day with a Dirt track throw down. Ide like to have a few rules for the KOH, But kept as basic and easy as possible. depending on the number of people who show for it. do a time trial then split the group into 2 divisions. Mid field to fastest and mid to slowest. This year would just be a feeler, and for fun. If this goes off like I envision it. Ide be looking for trophy's for first in both div and ribbons for 2nd and 3rd. But most of all this is for fun. and would like to keep it that way. But Ide like to make it so people have something nice to show for it. Now the throw down would be just that. no classes , just all out laps of fun. keep the amount of rigs on the track to a happy medium. I have more in my head but this is what I will put out there for now. The big things is FUN!!! But how sweet does "2015 Mainiacs RC Club ..KOH , Dirt Throw Down" sound? hell if enough people come, be great to do some selling and trading..sorry getting a little ahead of this already. now you see why I didn't sleep last night lol

Last edited by Androtaz; 02-24-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

I'd be down for some koh running in either 2.2 or 1.9. Even some mega truck stuff if I ever get around to starting that.
haynesn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

thatd be pretty fun. Itd be a long drive cause itd probably be down south, but i bet itd be a lot of fun!
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androtaz View Post
So ..last night I got 0 sleep. With all the talk of spring and getting this built and having a KOH event. This is what kept me up all night. Now these are just thoughts, ide like some input on things you like/don't like. Once we get it up to where its finished, ide like to see a few runs over the summer to feel out what the turn out might be. If this goes well this year. Ide like to do 3 events in 2015. Maybe use the club name in there some where ,Consisting of a KOH course for the majority of the day (providing there is enough interest and people show) and the later half of the day with a Dirt track throw down. Ide like to have a few rules for the KOH, But kept as basic and easy as possible. depending on the number of people who show for it. do a time trial then split the group into 2 divisions. Mid field to fastest and mid to slowest. This year would just be a feeler, and for fun. If this goes off like I envision it. Ide be looking for trophy's for first in both div and ribbons for 2nd and 3rd. But most of all this is for fun. and would like to keep it that way. But Ide like to make it so people have something nice to show for it. Now the throw down would be just that. no classes , just all out laps of fun. keep the amount of rigs on the track to a happy medium. I have more in my head but this is what I will put out there for now. The big things is FUN!!! But how sweet does "2015 Mainiacs RC Club ..KOH , Dirt Throw Down" sound? hell if enough people come, be great to do some selling and trading..sorry getting a little ahead of this already. now you see why I didn't sleep last night lol
I can make some trophies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynesn12 View Post
I'd be down for some koh running in either 2.2 or 1.9. Even some mega truck stuff if I ever get around to starting that.
You better build that mega truck. I can't be the only one. I will be offering narrow 3.2" wheels for narrowed 3906 maxx tires soon. If you want a set let me know and we can work out a tester deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcrawlerkidX View Post
thatd be pretty fun. Itd be a long drive cause itd probably be down south, but i bet itd be a lot of fun!
If you want to go down times that I am going I can give you a ride. I have a crew cab f250 so there is plenty of room.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

I'm itching to get started on this...
Old 04-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #59

i willing to help out if needed
der ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Looking to get down there this week and check on the conditions. Just found out that my step dad's cancer has returned. Funny even with that on his mind he said to me today ' when are you gonna start building?" i said " as soon as the conditions are good enough to start." He says " I hope i live long enough to see it finished and you guys having fun wit it." So not only has this become something i want to share with all of you. But to make this happen. In my life i have never had him be supportive and pushing me to do anything. So i want to make this happen for him as well. Have more info on the conditions with pictures as soon as i can get down there. Think probably Friday afternoon. The more help the faster things will move along. all are welcome , just be ready to get dirty.

Tags
dirt throw down, koh

Proposed All around fun park Nobleboro Maine - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sepember! Maine fun run. COORZ Maine 58 09-30-2013 08:04 AM
Fun run event in Maine! Countryhandyman Maine 80 06-10-2013 10:58 AM
Maine fun run Countryhandyman New Hampshire 7 05-23-2013 02:20 PM
Another fun Maine morning. New SX's on the beasty. tozrovr Axial SCX-10 12 12-05-2011 04:10 PM
Maine Crawl/Trail Fun Run zueslilbuddy Chit Chat 14 01-15-2009 03:44 PM