Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maryland

Notices

Thread: Let's plan a comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 05:07 AM   #101

I was franticly working on my stuff last night -- Started to install a dig setup and decided I dont like the looks of things enough with the time crunch, so I reassembled everything the way it was before and then tryed to figure out an esc to put in the Hilux so it will be running......I still need to fab some body mount brackets for the Scorpion......
Heavy Metal Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #102

my rig is together for now, but my 14 tooth pinion gear wore out so i have to run a 18 and i dont have as much power now. it will work for this weekend but it would be nice if i could get a 14 or even a 16 before the gtg.
MDcrawler08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #103
Rock Stacker

What rig do you have?? I ca run by my hobby shop and pick some up for you...

Just got mine done tonite. Tons of fun....but I need driveshaft rings already.....Just ten minutes of driving in the living room and I popped a rear shaft.....
B4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDcrawler08 View Post
my rig is together for now, but my 14 tooth pinion gear wore out so i have to run a 18 and i dont have as much power now. it will work for this weekend but it would be nice if i could get a 14 or even a 16 before the gtg.
I thought there was a hobby shop near westminster? Maybe?
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #105
Rock Stacker

I found a great shop over in Middle River.. They have the most crawler stuff of all the shops around me...
Old 09-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Im looking for a set of drive shaft rings too before the gtg I want to bring my AX10 also.
broncoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #107
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoholic View Post
Im looking for a set of drive shaft rings too before the gtg I want to bring my AX10 also.
Give hobbytown here in frederick a call they carry axial stuff
301-694-7395
speedemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:41 AM   #108

Im putting on MIP steel shafts, but picked up a set of the rings for plastic shafts so I can put those back on incase I break a steel one.

All my parts came in yesterday!! I think I have enough spare parts to make Sunday great no matter what breaks!

Oh, And I'd also suggest Hobbytown in Frederick -- ya could even call ahead Saturday and have you parts sitting at the counter for pickup Sunday Morning on the way past....I think Sundays they open at 11.

Last edited by Heavy Metal Doc; 09-11-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:38 AM   #109
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Doc View Post
I think Sundays they open at 11.
I think 12. :-P

But Im sure we'll be up there for quite a while, so it wouldnt hurt to swing by there and come a little late.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:28 AM   #110
Quarry Creeper

I was there yesterday. I was disapointed with there selection of crawler parts. Very nice store just no crawler parts. There was also some talk of a comp area in the back of the store.
K Riccardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:11 AM   #111
Rock Stacker

Hobbytownes are not up to the crawler stuff yet.. You can get the RTR AX10s there and tires, but that is about it....I think they are more TRAXXAS than anything else....
Old 09-11-2008, 07:11 AM   #112
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDcrawler08 View Post

may have a 12 tooth pinion for you. Have to check my collection.
I will be bringing my tackle box of everything so I will have spares for any TLT rig and Clod.
or anything for that matter. Just no axial specific stuff.
JamisonWorkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #113

Yeah, Frederick Hobbytown doesn't have much at all for crawler stuff.....but you can usually find small parts stuff like those pinions....

It is an unfortunate fact that most LHS's only support parts for the RTR models for beginners and whatever they run on their own track, if they have one...I was shocked when Fred. H-town actually had 500K wt diff lube on hand when I needed it for a race the next day!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #114
Pebble Pounder

That would'nt have happened to be Kyosho diff fluid would it DOC? I got some also,it's been on their shelf for years lol
Old 09-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #115
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4wheeler View Post
Hobbytownes are not up to the crawler stuff yet.. You can get the RTR AX10s there and tires, but that is about it....I think they are more TRAXXAS than anything else....

OH!!You best believe if its traxxas they got you covered.Anything else outside of that and associated has to be ordered and they have no idea when they would get it.I just go to mimi's in gaithersburg when I need something outside traxxas brand.She has anything and everything.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemall View Post
That would'nt have happened to be Kyosho diff fluid would it DOC? I got some also,it's been on their shelf for years lol
Yeah, thats the stuff, and now that you mention it, the label did look weathered like it had been sitting around forever! ......Expaining what I was looking for to the guy who answered the phone was the funniest part -- trying to get a roll-play gamer guy to understand diff lube!

These LHS's DO cover Traxxas for sure, but even that is only in the backyard basher / bling-out-your-RTR sort of way! I may race a Revo, but I need more parts choices than what Traxxas sells - tires, wheels, fluids, etc --- and, I don't need the latest pretty aluminum crap either!!

I have even heard a case of an LHS badmouthing a track nearby, telling people to stay away....most likely because none of the racers bought stuff in that store -- maybe if the idiot carried parts we could use.......

I'll have to check out Mimi's some time.....All these years around here and I have never been in there.....
Old 09-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Doc View Post
I'll have to check out Mimi's some time.....All these years around here and I have never been in there.....

Yeah go check out "The Track". she really does have a little bit of everything.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

How is the GPA hobby shop in Crofton for crawler parts?

I only went in there once when I needed some parts for my RC10GT. Seemed like they couldn't make up their mind with all the crap they sell.
CronusTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Also, anyone know of any local tracks that would let us build a course onsight? It would be nice to have a course at a local shop or two to help grow the hobby.

Sunday's weather is looking awesome.
CronusTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #120
Pebble Pounder

I was at hobbytown today and they mentioned getting a rock course setup from axial.Don't know if it'll happen for sure though,they are in talks supposedly