Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: NMRCC State finals NEW PLAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #21

So whats it gonna be? Do I have to try to get a different day off? I need to know by morning so I can submit my request for time off.
hatewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #22
Oliver Custom Knives

I was reminded that these are toy trucks we are dealing with. However , I do hope this can be resolved to a Saturday Comp , as Sunday dosent work for alot of people.

I agree , we do need an answer on this A.S.A.P
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

You know what, on second thought, I'm out. This is supposed to be a fun hobby and I'm not interested in dealing with all this hassle. I really enjoyed the competitions here in Farmington and am looking forward to next years events and will just treat this year as a learning experience. Good luck to everyone who will be attending state finals and I'll be looking forward to competing with those of you who are going up to Denver.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
you know what, on second thought, i'm out. This is supposed to be a fun hobby and i'm not interested in dealing with all this hassle. I really enjoyed the competitions here in farmington and am looking forward to next years events and will just treat this year as a learning experience. Good luck to everyone who will be attending state finals and i'll be looking forward to competing with those of you who are going up to denver.
kick some a$$ rob@!!!!
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #25

Sorry toy trucks dont cost $1000.
hatewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

nice one's do
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

i hope this is resolved ASAP. Also tomorrow is Thursday.
4ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

now we got people dropping out. This is not the way its suppose to go.
4ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ruggy View Post
now we got people dropping out. This is not the way its suppose to go.
nope.
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
You know what, on second thought, I'm out. This is supposed to be a fun hobby and I'm not interested in dealing with all this hassle. I really enjoyed the competitions here in Farmington and am looking forward to next years events and will just treat this year as a learning experience. Good luck to everyone who will be attending state finals and I'll be looking forward to competing with those of you who are going up to Denver.
I really hope you reconsider, but I can certainly understand your logic.
fwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwilly View Post
If we were to get rid of the entry fee, could we do it at San Yasidro? Atleast we know it has good traction.
I won't be able to make it (due to the previously mentioned Little League Carnival dunk tank duty.....) so my opinion means shiat, but I was wondering the same thing about San Ysidro today. As far as the Rock House goes, I would say that if a representative from each region helped set up courses and agreed on the layout, then it should be pretty fair. It's all about teamwork, right? We can't all have kick ass traction everywhere we crawl, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't bank on traction at Nationals. People come from all over the country and the rock is all different. Crawling is all about being able to adapt and deal with the course. The level of traction (or lack of...) equalizes the playing field and causes drivers to fall back on skill and experience.

On the commitment to the event on Saturday, that's unfortunate, but I agree that is should stand because somebody has to hold their end of the bargain and set a precedent. I don't know why the material didn't show up or what exactly was promised or agreed upon, but hopefully we can try to make the best of that situation. I know what was set up in previous years and maybe that was part of the confustion on the part of those promoting the event and promising material. None of them have been to a serious comp and don't really understand what is expected. I'm just giving the benefit of the doubt without knowing the specifics. It takes a lot of work to set up an event like that and we were just a small part of it. Maybe not the optimal venue for a State Championship, but it would have been really cool if it would have worked out. I know the best intentions were there on the part of James. It's just like any volunteer organization. No good deed goes unpunished.

Again, I can't be there, but since I'm not qualified for State anyway, I would not have had a problem showing up at the dragstrip for a demo. However, it would be nice if the fees could be waived for demo participants in lieu of the issue with suppot for course setup.

Just my two lousy cents and since I won't be able to be there, you all can tell me to shut my cake hole......
RAM2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
nice one's do
Mine only cost like $350, including the axle splint..... I always thought it was kind of a nice rig til I saw Rob's overachiever rig!!!!!!! Damn curve wrecker....:-P
RAM2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

just got back from crawling in the dark, and I feel much better now
fwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Maybe this will make you all happy.Hold the state finals on the 6th as scheduled.Do it at the rock house.Have a good time.I will go and put on the demo at the off road gathering.Nobody else has to drop out.All drivers can compete as planned.It's a win win situation for you guys.Goodluck to everyone.
jgmmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
I can totally understand about the rocks. I used to deal with alot of contractors , but most of them would come through eventually, some wouldn't.
I dont agree with the rockhouse site choice , I'm sure it has probably been crawled before.
I dont agree with the date change either. alot of people made plans for Sat and I thought it should stay on Sat.Some people have to work on Sun that may not be able to get the time off now. It was changed due to one persons schedule , James's , he says he has a commitment at the speedway. When they didnt bring the rock for the courses they broke the commitment. If I were James I would tell em to stick it.
As far as the shirts not costing me a dime to get one , I beg your pardon , I paid my $20 membership dues. That will be the only thing I get out of it.
As far as things getting lost in translation , nope , all of the Farmington guys knew exactly what happened.
there is a huge area around the rock house we havent even tapped yet. where we had the comp last time was a totally different place than we had been before. it was across the road and down some from the places we usually crawl so the rock house "area" would be a good location. i agree the date should be the same. James commitment at the drag strip is the club being there to do some crawling. so in essence, the club has a commitment at the drag strip. if James represents the club then he made the commitment in the clubs name. if we dont show up, how many more times will the sponsors who are going to be there for the club show up or donate swag to the club for handouts? it would be nice if they were to understand about the rock not coming but i dont think they will feel thats their problem. we made a commitment to them and they expect us to live up to it like James expected the guy who was to deliver the rock to live up to his commitment. i thought the shirts were covered by the comp fee for the state finals? i read that in one of these posts. so if you are paying a comp fee, the shirt is thrown in along with the comp. did that get lost in the translation??? there are a lot of good suggestions in this post so far and hopefully we can work all this out. i would still like to go but sunday is out for me and several others it appears. san ysidro would be good. money could be collected and any awards ceremony could be done outside the gates. if anyone asks, we are practicing our comp skills. :-P.
crawldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad View Post
There are a lot of good suggestions in this post so far and hopefully we can work all this out......
I agree. I do not wish that anyone has to be left out, James included... Why can't we get some people who did not make States to put on the Demo. They get to have a great time crawling, and the commitment is upheld. Simple. There is no # of people that were committed as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad View Post
San Ysidro would be good. money could be collected and any awards ceremony could be done outside the gates. if anyone asks, we are practicing our comp skills. :-P.
Collect dues or free's at lowe's before we all head out. The awards ceremony could be held down the road a bit from San Ysidro ... no harm done there.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #37

i just reread a post i had made earlier and i think i lost something in translation from someone else. in any of the posts i have made, i am not pointing any fingers at anyone in any way shape or form about not understanding what is going on unless specifically naming someone or identifying someones lack of action keeping their commitment. if it seems i have done that then i apologize for that. i do not want to upset anyone anymore than we already are so if there was a misunderstanding on my part then i apologize for that.
crawldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #38
Pebble Pounder

When all this settles can somebody PM me the final answer? Thanks!!
I will try my best to make it wherever/whenever it is, and as I talked with Dwane and James, there are a few cases where it is just not in my cards to attend.

-Brett

EDIT: Also, if this is going to be at the RockHouse, I would ask all the ABQ folks as a common courtesy to NOT go out there and practice from now until whenever the comp is held. Just my opinion.

Last edited by brettjord; 06-04-2009 at 07:13 AM.
brettjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:07 AM   #39
Oliver Custom Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmmotorsports View Post
Maybe this will make you all happy.Hold the state finals on the 6th as scheduled.Do it at the rock house.Have a good time.I will go and put on the demo at the off road gathering.Nobody else has to drop out.All drivers can compete as planned.It's a win win situation for you guys.Goodluck to everyone.
OK
I hate to see James not come , but one person out is better than half the field.

Question 1 : Who is going to be there to organize and stuff ?
I will help all I can , but I dont know where the site is at.

I think "all that Swag " was donated to the club, for the club's finals comp. Somebody needs to bring it and give it out to the club members.

Just a thought James , but it is a free crawl , you could show up and knock all 4 courses out in about 30 min.

Last edited by DwaneO; 06-04-2009 at 07:45 AM.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:54 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM glad im not in the finals holy s#&!t its as bad as racing nitro jus lookin foward to Denver that should be fun
flizz is offline   Reply With Quote