Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: NMRCC State finals NEW PLAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #41
Oliver Custom Knives

We could not have the finals , give 1 bid to Rob and 1 to Bret and be done with it.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

If you read the rules its says ...

"States/Regions that have MULTIPLE sanctioned clubs will have a Nationals Crawl-Off before National invites are sent out."

....so if your not 2 clubs you should be sending guys based on the season series, and not having crawl-off.

Either 2 clubs having a crawl off or a single club using your Point Series.

We do allow clubs to come up with alternative formats, but thats something they can do on their own, and we will not get in the middle of.....your situation is a classic example.[/QUOTE]

By fishmaxx
4ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Are there any crawlers in abq that would be willing to go to the Off Road Gathering?If there are that would be great.This would help all competitors in the state finals to compete.

The post I put up earlier this morning will stand firm.June 6t, Rock house.

Dwane I will get all of the prizes I have to the comp site.So no wories there.

Any questions please give me a call # 228-8743
jgmmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ruggy View Post
If you read the rules its says ...

"States/Regions that have MULTIPLE sanctioned clubs will have a Nationals Crawl-Off before National invites are sent out."

....so if your not 2 clubs you should be sending guys based on the season series, and not having crawl-off.

Either 2 clubs having a crawl off or a single club using your Point Series.

We do allow clubs to come up with alternative formats, but thats something they can do on their own, and we will not get in the middle of.....your situation is a classic example.
By fishmaxx[/QUOTE]

So since as far as I am aware, NMRCC is the sanctioned club (with Farmington piggy-backing onto the ABQ sanctioned club), we do NOT HAVE to hold a State Finals event? Top drivers for the points serie(s) would get the bid?

I know that falls in my favor as well as Rob's, but would certainly solve a lot of headache.

Now the next question. Who all is actually going to go to Nationals if invited? I know I have plans to go if my beans fall in line to get the invite.

-Brett
brettjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:28 AM   #45
Pebble Pounder

let do it at san yesidro they dont know it will be organized. just collect the dues somewhere else and be done with it.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
We could not have the finals , give 1 bid to Rob and 1 to Bret and be done with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjord View Post

So since as far as I am aware, NMRCC is the sanctioned club (with Farmington piggy-backing onto the ABQ sanctioned club), we do NOT HAVE to hold a State Finals event? Top drivers for the points serie(s) would get the bid?

I know that falls in my favor as well as Rob's, but would certainly solve a lot of headache.

Now the next question. Who all is actually going to go to Nationals if invited? I know I have plans to go if my beans fall in line to get the invite.

-Brett
This was my thought too, I just didn't want to bring it up since it directly benefits me.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Just a suggestion.....

Hold the comp on the same date, and in the same general area (50 mile radius). Stop worrying about crawling on VIRGIN rocks;) In the south we have a tiny fraction of the terrian you guys have, and we run over the same rock over and over again. It works out ok for our 4 National Champions, so it should be ok for you guys. Gate placement and approach angles change everything.

Nationals has been held on the same 1/2 acre of rock 2 years running plus the Utards hold comps there twice a year, and no body whines about that.

I don't mean to stick my nose in your business. I am just putting in my 2 cents after a flurry of phone calls and PMs. You guys are free to do what ever you want.

Good Luck and hope to see the winners at Nationals, and maybe a few of you knuckleheads at La Guerra en Rocas Rojo);)

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 06-04-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
This was my thought too, I just didn't want to bring it up since it directly benefits me.
I feel the same way as Rob. It absolutely is in my benefit, but since it seems I was not the only one thinking this, maybe it should get some consideration. This mess would disappear, and I for one would make the drive to ABQ regardless and go to the NMORL event since I have a non-refundable hotel reservation.

What do the powers have to say?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
i think this is a great idea. the only question i have, due to my ignorance of the Nationals, is how many peeps does a club send and is there a set number of representatives to send? other than that, it sounds like a great idea and solves a lot of problems. if we need a third, we could send Tony as he is the top guy from abq in the points standing. that way each area would be represented. thats just my opinion and we all know about opinions... they are like buttholes and everyone has their own. good idea Dwaneo, guess its better to be smart than purdy, huh.
crawldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Sounds like there is no longer any conflict. We're on schedule for the same day, and close enough to the same place that it wouldn't affect anyone's plans that were made for the drag strip.

Dwane has a good point about the free crawl. If James could get there for a few minutes, we would give him priority on running the courses. This has worked well at our local comps, when someone had a schedule conflict.
fwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

My rational is that Brett and I came out in the top spot in our two series which is a better indicator of how we all match up than a one day comp. However I do understand guys wanting to decide it by this final comp. Either way I still wont be going to Albq. this weekend.

Last edited by rob_b; 06-04-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwilly View Post
Dwane has a good point about the free crawl. If James could get there for a few minutes, we would give him priority on running the courses. This has worked well at our local comps, when someone had a schedule conflict.
I agree... Let's hold the comp at the rock hose on sat. James hits all the runs first.... To leave him out is b.s. Then he any who ever else can make it to the Nmorl. Prizes will then be given out at the nmorl to help please all the sponcers.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

I agree with Rob, but understand the frustration and unwillingness of the rest of the participants.

In 5 comps (or however many you ran in Farmington), Rob and I both demonstrated our abilities, and we were CONSISTENT. I will leave it at that.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Don't really disagree with you guys getting the spots. I was just looking forward to the final showdown

I wanted to see how our top guys stacked up against there guys in a friendly competition sort of way, instead of an internet pissing match sort of way

The finals definitely wouldn't be the same without our point series leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
My rational is that Brett and I came out in the top spot in our two series which is a better indicator of how we all match up than a one day comp. However I do understand guys wanting to decide it by this final comp. Either way I still wont be going to Albq. this weekend.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd44 View Post
I agree... Let's hold the comp at the rock hose on sat. James hits all the runs first.... To leave him out is b.s. Then he any who ever else can make it to the Nmorl. Prizes will then be given out at the nmorl to help please all the sponcers.
yeah, as some divers finish up all four courses, they could head over the the drag strip.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

deciding who goes to nationals from one run is STUPID!!!! whats the point of doing the point series if you just blow it all away on one comp for the top 2. imo brett and rob should go to nats. something better would to have a club vote for this and get everybodys opinions
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. pee pants View Post
deciding who goes to nationals from one run is STUPID!!!! whats the point of doing the point series if you just blow it all away on one comp for the top 2. imo brett and rob should go to nats. something better would to have a club vote for this and get everybodys opinions
My thoughts exactly, only I was never going to bring it up because it was already agreed upon to do the state finals. But that was before this mess all got started.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #58
Oliver Custom Knives

James called me and was on the road and asked me to post this up.
He was headed to the dragstrip , concrete was being delivered and "supposedly" there was a semi truck load of rock showing up.

We discussed it a bit and this is what we came up with.
What do you guys think ?

We give the 2 Nats bids to Rob and Brett = finals comp problem solved.
We all go to the dragstrip on Saturday as planned and have a fun comp = we get to have a friendly comp for braggin rights.
We give away all of the Swag donated by the sponsors to the people that show up = everyone gets some free stuff and our awesome sponsors get recognised.

I'm sorry to hear that Rob still wont be showing up , but I would hope everyone else still does. After all there is going to be some great prizes given away.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #59
Pebble Pounder

i would want to see the final points for the whole state before we give the spots away. I wouldn't mind the final showdown but whatever. I'll i know is this will be a great learning exp. for next year.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Trying not to sound like a jerk here but is this a FINAL decision or is it subject to change in the next few hours? And if the comp can be held on Saturday at the planned comp site why not forget about this whole mess and carry on as originally planned?