Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: NMRCC State finals NEW PLAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
Oliver Custom Knives

Default NMRCC State finals NEW PLAN

Clusterfawk

Talked to James , and his deal at the speedway went to shat. The new plan would be to go to the RockHouse , not the crappy slick rock place , he said there is a better place near where they had their last comp. I sure hope to hell no one else has crawled it before.
Date change to Sunday the 7th , @ 8 AM
We are going to change the format up and do a FreeCrawl.
8:00 - course setup
9:30 - drivers meeting
10:00 - start comp
We will need 4 judges and 4 score keepers to make this clip right along.
$10 comp fee still applies.
We should be done around 2-3

To all of the Farmington Guys , I'm sorry about the mixup , James told me on the phone that we were going to move it to Farmington , I ,Ron and Cody W, went out in his Ranger and found a new comp site that we havent been to yet .(we'll use it later) Then James told me he talked to several people including Fishmax and they suggested it stay in Albq. What a F'n mess. I dont totally understand the day change , I would think they could have kept it on the same day , James says he's commited to do something at the speedway, I think thats tough shat, but ohh well , my opinion hasn't mattered yet.
I promise all of you this crap wont happen next year.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

This is BS that we aren't even asked about dates and location changes plus its last minute. Well its not our fault that James can't get things together. Plus James you have a commitment to the State finals before the BS speedway. This should be the priority to you. I guess all are hard work to get us there don't even matter. We have people that might not be able to go up Sun. Cause they have to work. What about them. You think that we can just change our plans cause of one person, no thats not how a club works. This is deffinatly a cluster F*&K and i hope that it gets resolved. Cause as of now it aint fair to anyone thats in the finals.
4ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thats some damn late notice for this shit...

and to change the date at this point for one persons schedule, without even discussing it
fwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

If we were to get rid of the entry fee, could we do it at San Yasidro? Atleast we know it has good traction.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #5

the comp wasnt changed due to one persons schedule. the comp was changed because someone who James trusted to do what he said he was going to do, didnt come through. yes it could have been planned better and yes it should have been rescheduled but it was not just due to one persons schedule. i won the regional here at abq and am third in the points standing but i wont be at the state finals due to a trip im leaving on on monday. i have too much to do on sunday to get ready to go. i could have gone to the comps on saturday but i know this change cannot be helped due to the one person who was trusted with getting us the rock we needed not living up to his committment. believe me, i understand the frustration you are feeling. no one wanted to be at the comps more than me but its not all James fault. he has worked hard at making this comp work. he has gone out and gotten sponsors who have given lots of swag to give away at the comp. he went to the drag strip and got all that settled so we could have a permanent course there. as far as i know he has gone to the trouble of getting the shirts made up and they arent going to cost you a dime to get one. i dont know how many hours of his own time he has spent trying to get this thing set up and going and now that someone has not lived up to their commitment, everyone starts beating on James. the only thing James did wrong was to trust someone to do what they said they were going to do. next year anyone who has a problem with this can put in to become club president. lets see if anyone else can do any better when someone you trust lets you down when they promise you to do something that is critical to what you are trying to do. like i said, i know the frustration and i know a lot of you guys spend a lot of money to get here and i know there will be a lot of responses to this but do me a favor and think things through before you respond. if you dont know the entire story behind what happened, call James and ask him. i know things get lost in the translation from one person to the next so take the time to find out whats going on before you respond.
crawldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I still don't understand why we can't do Rockhouse on Saturday.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwilly View Post
I still don't understand why we can't do Rockhouse on Saturday.
i dont either and i think that would be a good idea except for the fact James made a commitment to the drag strip to have something going on there on saturday. how about if we could get some of the people who arent going to be in the comps to show up out there and let them put on a crawling demo for the people who do show up there? that would free up all the contestants to be at the rock house for the comp. that would work if we can get some of the other crawlers to show up at the drag strip.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad View Post
i dont either and i think that would be a good idea except for the fact James made a commitment to the drag strip to have something going on there on saturday. how about if we could get some of the people who arent going to be in the comps to show up out there and let them put on a crawling demo for the people who do show up there? that would free up all the contestants to be at the rock house for the comp. that would work if we can get some of the other crawlers to show up at the drag strip.
he also made commitments to some pretty big sponsors who expect us to show something at the drag strip. i think getting non contestants to be there would work for that.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #9

yea as it stands now at rockhouse for sunday i cant make it. i already booked motel and unbooked and got friday off so i wouldnt have to break my neck to get there. i cant get monday off and im not going to fly down comp tired from drive and drive back to make work. i made tons of planning and money already spent to do this saturday. so if it stands as sunday in abq count me out srry guys.
Metalboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad View Post
how about if we could get some of the people who arent going to be in the comps to show up out there and let them put on a crawling demo for the people who do show up there? that would free up all the contestants to be at the rock house for the comp. that would work if we can get some of the other crawlers to show up at the drag strip.
Damn good idea I think. I just talked to James about this.. he called me earlier in the day, but I was in Denver at auction and did not get to my phone. We had to let a person go in my office, so those of us who there are working some freaking long shifts, and covering a lot of hours on the road. I for one will not be able to make it Sunday to the rock house, i'll be at the office. I had to pull tooth and nail, as well as pull some serious strings to make it on the 6th. O-well. I understand there were commitments made, and James went through a ton to get everything set up. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way blaming James... he is doing all he can. It just sucks when people tell you sh*t they can't hold them selfs to. Just wondering who else will not be able to make it?

Have fun boys. Win something for me! Until next time... I have a puuurty new rig on the shelf to admire.

P.S. I changed my cell phone number... if anyone needs it, Please PM me. I have a thing against posting it in a public forum.

Last edited by msd44; 06-03-2009 at 09:19 PM.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #11

yea i also built a new rig for this =(. who prommissed these rocks and should we have thought uh oh no rock more like on the 31 or the 1st?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #12
Oliver Custom Knives

I can totally understand about the rocks. I used to deal with alot of contractors , but most of them would come through eventually, some wouldn't.
I dont agree with the rockhouse site choice , I'm sure it has probably been crawled before.
I dont agree with the date change either. alot of people made plans for Sat and I thought it should stay on Sat.Some people have to work on Sun that may not be able to get the time off now. It was changed due to one persons schedule , James's , he says he has a commitment at the speedway. When they didnt bring the rock for the courses they broke the commitment. If I were James I would tell em to stick it.
As far as the shirts not costing me a dime to get one , I beg your pardon , I paid my $20 membership dues. That will be the only thing I get out of it.
As far as things getting lost in translation , nope , all of the Farmington guys knew exactly what happened.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

The only commitment that matters to me is state finals. The fact is also should be to the rest of the competitors. So that is all that matters. The guys that worked hard and spent money all season to compete and get to were we are "State". Its hard to be president i know ive done it before, but i also know that when i commit to that position i am responsible for the club. Its also for others to help out, but being that there is distance between the two chapters thats kind of hard. I am frustrated cause i have comittments to. But i will not apologize for my opinion and i have that right when i pay my dues and become a member. I gurantee i'm not the only one that is upset right now.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #14

To many people have made plans for the 6th. To change the date this close to the comp is wrong in many ways. We have to figure out a way to make this work.

Another item I was wondering about, I thought that the dragstrip was providing the rock and landscaping, the club (James and crew were just stacking the rock). If they (the dragstrip) cant help with the commitment then why are we obligated to be so commited. This is much more then a DEMO to us.

We out of towners have our hands tied in being able to help you remedy this problem. I wish you good luck and hope that everthing works out in a way to make the majority happy.
hatewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #15

i agree. we all spent money and time all year to get here and now we have a last minute decision that we have no say or vote in ?

I vote for reschedule that only people that made state can vote for since were the affected ones.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

IMHO this is too short of notice to change the day. If we can't do it Saturday (not as concerned with where), then it should be rescheduled for the following weekend, or later. That would not be too different from a thunderstorm rolling through on comp day.

It would suck if James could not make it to the comp, but what if 5 guys can't make it Sunday.

We did a change of date on one comp (not as important as state final), but it was discussed, and agreed upon by a majority of the club. It was changed due to weather, and it was moved to the next day because there was rain in the forcast for the next weekend. That comp had the lowest attendance of any that we did.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalboots View Post
I vote for reschedule that only people that made state can vote for since were the affected ones.
I agree. I say something like the 14th or the 21st. That would give us some time to vote on when and where. Granted I am bias... and have those off. I burned some major favors to get the 6th off, and those are the only weekend days off I have for the rest of the month.:?
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

All I know is, this needs to get fixed. If changing the date to Sunday is going to cause at least 3 people not to be able to go, then I would say Sunday is not an option. So if James cant get out of his commitment to the drag strip (which I would think the drag strip would be understanding, being as circumstances were beyond James's control) then as president, I think he needs to take responsibility for the mix up (because the buck has to stop somewhere) and arrange for the event to be moved to another location on Saturday, even if it means he wont be able to attend. I understand that this options sucks for James, but unfortunately, it comes with the territory of being president. Not holding the event on Saturday would cause way too many problems for all of the people who have been planning on traveling to Albq. for several weeks now. From what I understand, some people already have hotel reservations for Friday night, and its not fair for them to have to forfeit the money they have already paid to be there. I know I personally had to rearrange a work trip to Phoenix to accommodate traveling to Albq. on Friday, not including having to make arrangements for my kids for the weekend. I trust that this will be resolved in a timely manner in a way that is best for the majority of the participants.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

I won't be to make it the 14th or the 21rst. I am leaving for CA for two weeks. It has already been planned and to back out now on Sat. is the wrong thing to do.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

wow, james sorry for your loss, i wish there was a way to keep the comp on the date given,

but it seems like the people ( drag strip ) that you are obligated to demonstrate these crawlers to dont really understand the importance to the people who would be competing, this is not a just show for us, we have worked all season for this.
I paid my 20$ for the club dues and i appreciate the t-shirt,
but dont act like i didn't pay for it. <(not directed at james)

In my opinion this should be like golf when im up everybody better shut up and watch, i really dont want to be on display on some course for someone's crowd entertainment, i shake enough as it is. Nor was i looking forward to paying to get into the event site.
i really want to be there to help you build a course,
(some of the best courses are manmade)

hopefully you can get all of your prior obligations worked out,
good luck and keep fighting .
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote