Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: NMRCC State finals NEW PLAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. pee pants View Post
deciding who goes to nationals from one run is STUPID!!!!
Yeah kind of stupid, but its how its done in states where there is more than one sanctioned club. It was planned, at the first meeting, to do it this way. Since the scheduling has been resolved, I think we should proceed as planned, but I wont bitch too much if we don't (might cry a little when no ones looking )

I was thinking that the biggest problem with a one comp decider, is the possibility of breakage. If someone caves under the pressure, then they lost fair and square, but a simple break, that is beyond their control, could cost them big. What if we dropped the lowest course for the day? It would lower the chances of someone loosing out for reasons beyond their control. Even if we don't do finals this year, its something to think about for next year.
fwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #62
Pebble Pounder

I f@#$king love that idea!!

I hope that as many people will show up without the chance for Nats, but either way, a "fun comp" just sounds like a really good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
James called me and was on the road and asked me to post this up.
He was headed to the dragstrip , concrete was being delivered and "supposedly" there was a semi truck load of rock showing up.

We discussed it a bit and this is what we came up with.
What do you guys think ?

We give the 2 Nats bids to Rob and Brett = finals comp problem solved.
We all go to the dragstrip on Saturday as planned and have a fun comp = we get to have a friendly comp for braggin rights.
We give away all of the Swag donated by the sponsors to the people that show up = everyone gets some free stuff and our awesome sponsors get recognised.

I'm sorry to hear that Rob still wont be showing up , but I would hope everyone else still does. After all there is going to be some great prizes given away.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #63
Pebble Pounder

I say instead of crawling your rig we should just have a bare fisted cage match, winner take Nats. :-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P
vltchkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

i just wana know what we are doing.
4ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #65
Oliver Custom Knives

I competely agree with the finals thoughts , we know brett beat everybody in his series , but we dont know if he's better than the top guys in the FC area.

Here's another one of my bright ideas , take it for what its worth.

Since James says there is concrete and more rocks showing up today , lets wait till the end of the day and see ( take James's word ) for what actually shows up at the dragstrip. IF there is enough material to get 4 courses , hell even 3 courses , out of it. then we could still have finals as planned , on Saturday at the dragstrip. Set up 3 courses , if thats all of the terrain we have , and then set a crawl-off course for the top 4 or 5 after the first 3 courses are over.

I , and others hopefully , would be willing to show up a little earlier on Friday and help stack rocks or whatever.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #66
Oliver Custom Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by vltchkr View Post
I say instead of crawling your rig we should just have a bare fisted cage match, winner take Nats. :-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P

LOL , yea ............... I'm still pretty sprie for a fat guy , that would be my only chance at Nats.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vltchkr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ruggy View Post
i just wana know what we are doing.
ROSHAMBO !

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1126528126
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

That is a fantastic idea
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #69
Pebble Pounder

I think that if we do the fun crawl, that Rob and Brett have to show up to accept their invites to Nats Then, since Rob is already there, he might as well compete

Gotta love extortion!!!

Random thought: Are we sure we are going to get two invites to Nats? They are dividing 75 bids over 50 states. Obviously some states only get one?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Damn, i was looking foward to beating rob, oh well
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Well if it only turns out to be one spot Brett and I meet up in an alley for some ROSHAMBO!
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #72

ok, here is the end of my 2 cents worth as im already about 7 cents over. :? i can see all points as far as what everyone is saying and it makes no difference to me if we have the comp crawl or not. here is my point... i had two eighth place finishes then i got a new rig. the last two comps i was in i finished 3rd and 1st. as stated earlier, i won the regionals but that doesnt make me the best in this area. i was not consistent and i did not finish close to the two top people here. with the new rig, i know i could kick both their butts (talkin trash right here) but would that make me the best qualified to go to the nationals??? i think we really need to think this through and let the leaders (Dwane, James, Kevin, Pete, Kuen) make the decision as to what is going to happen. it needs to be as fair and equitable for all as it possibly can be. i do lean towards the points standings as deciding who goes to the nats but that is my opinion and counts for nothing. the end. :-P p.s. i will be there friday to help with the rocks. if anyone has a frontend loader it might help alot.
crawldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwilly View Post
yeah kind of stupid, but its how its done in states where there is more than one sanctioned club. It was planned, at the first meeting, to do it this way. Since the scheduling has been resolved, i think we should proceed as planned, but i wont bitch too much if we don't (might cry a little when no ones looking )

i was thinking that the biggest problem with a one comp decider, is the possibility of breakage. If someone caves under the pressure, then they lost fair and square, but a simple break, that is beyond their control, could cost them big. What if we dropped the lowest course for the day? It would lower the chances of someone loosing out for reasons beyond their control. Even if we don't do finals this year, its something to think about for next year.
really like this mike!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #74
Pebble Pounder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb1LBCI72z0
Old 06-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwilly View Post
now thats funny right thar, i dont care who ya are.
crawldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #76
Pebble Pounder

It is my understanding from an outside source familiar with national bids that we DO HAVE 2 Bids. But Ill fight Rob if I need to. Just remember, I live close to the border... and People from the other side of the border do fight dirty! : )
brettjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

i would like to do a fun run since i was going to head up there. as far as points i would think we should run the 2 clubs sepritly and at close to the end run at least 3 other coms with both clubs together
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #78
Pebble Pounder

three mandatory trips, one right after the other would be a huge strain... What about two comps together. One in ABQ and one in Farmington
Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

so much for last chance comebacks. good luck rob.

driving from cortez for a fun crawl,

i guess as long as the super class rigs are going to nats its cool.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #80
Oliver Custom Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
I competely agree with the finals thoughts , we know brett beat everybody in his series , but we dont know if he's better than the top guys in the FC area.

Here's another one of my bright ideas , take it for what its worth.

Since James says there is concrete and more rocks showing up today , lets wait till the end of the day and see ( take James's word ) for what actually shows up at the dragstrip. IF there is enough material to get 4 courses , hell even 3 courses , out of it. then we could still have finals as planned , on Saturday at the dragstrip. Set up 3 courses , if thats all of the terrain we have , and then set a crawl-off course for the top 4 or 5 after the first 3 courses are over.

I , and others hopefully , would be willing to show up a little earlier on Friday and help stack rocks or whatever.
What about this people.