Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New SCX10 II Carbonfiberlicious Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2018, 04:30 PM   #1

Default New SCX10 II Carbonfiberlicious Build

Hey guys I wanted to post some pics of my first crawler build. I started with a trashed SCX10 II that came from craigslist. I'm pretty sure the guy just submerged it in a bucket of mud when he wasn't running it through mud so I completely tore it down and started to clean it up and rebuild it.
First came the custom crawl steel chassis and some other aftermarket goodies then I met this guy, the guy who owns Corrupt Carbon Works. He is a great guy and me has some extremely high quality products and I was hooked. I am not one to write a post like this but I cannot say enough about this guys product and customer service. He went well above and beyond helping me out as far as making decisions that had nothing to do with him selling a product. He's a genuine good guy and he has brought expert designed products to market for us crawler guys. He has some very nice magnetic chassis brace body mounts I'll be
Maybe I went overboard for my first crawler but I like it.
I'm getting ready to begin dialing it in. I wanted to post some pics and get some opinions, constructive criticism is welcome but I have already decided to go with a light weight build vs something extremely heavy. I know the heavy rigs are great but this is what I'm going to roll with. Don't hesitate to let me know if I've made a mistake. I built this truck from pictures off the internet and a little common sense. I should say I assembled it that way. I did fabricate some small parts of the build but other than that I bought everything and peiced it together. Thanks for looking!
First here's what I pieced together parts wise.
I'm going to list everything that came from Corrupt Carbon Works first and then I'll list everytrhing else so I dont' have to type the name out over and over haha
Corrupt Carbon Works:
-Carbon Fiber Frame Rails
-Carbon Fiber Chassis Braces
-Carbon Fiber Front Steering links Including Panhard (Track Bar)
-Carbon Fiber Upper Suspension Links
-Dehlrin Nice Panhard (Track Bar) Bracket
-Dehlrin Skid (Super Dense and very slippery)
-Swindlers Grip Chassis Jig(made setup a breeze and it will help you get everything exactly where it needs to be. He can explain ALL the benefits of this device better than me because he has a lot of experience using it and he designed it)
*On the way from Corrupt Carbon Works we have a battery plate with mounting tabs, Unicorn body mounts and probably whatever else he comes up with thats cool and works.

As for the rest:
-1/4 inch stainless lower links cut and hand threaded by myself(good quality stainless from a metal supply shop, not from Home Depot
-SSD Diamond44 Axle Housings front and rear
-Fast Eddy bearings (Every bearing in the truck is fast eddie)
-SSD C-Hubs
-Beef Tubes Brass front knuckles drilled out
Vanquish Brass Inserts in knuckls to prevent wear from friction as they turn from side to side
-Vanquish Incision rear locker
-Vanquish Incision Drive Shafts
-2017 SCX10 II RTR Metal Transmission Gears
-Fast Eddie Bearings of course
-Vanquish Aluminum Transmission Housing
-Robinsion Racing Outdrive Gear
-Traxxas 2660 Shocks
-Losi Mini T Spring set
-Beef Tubes Shock Cups
-2.2 Vanquish Methods
-1.9 Proline Hyrax XLs stretched
-Spectrum S2650 Low Profile, High Torque / High Speed Servo
-Mamba Max Pro
-Caslte 1406 Slate Sensored 2850KV Brushless
-Futaba 4PLS Radio
-Futaba 304SB Receiver
-I made the platforms that the receiver box and ESC Sit on and I have a
*Next, I will be installing my new transmission. DLux Fab has some pretty amazing lightweight bombproof transmission options that look to be great for a lightweight build like this.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by botlebruiser; 04-27-2018 at 04:46 PM.
botlebruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2018, 11:34 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New SCX10 II Carbonfiberlicious Build

No such thing as overboard!
What weight is she now?
Personally I'd rethink the rock sliders / platforms you built for the Esc and radio box, take the opportunity to incorporate some mud flaps to keep the crud out
Looking mighty impressive though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:29 AM   #3

Thanks man. This is the one I think. I haven't weighed it yet. I just fired it up for the first time tonight and I'm having some problems. I have no reverse and the brake is viscious. So I need to get a different tune on it or change the settings. I'll go to the hobby shop tomorrow and try to get it right.

As far as I think I'm going to go ahead and run the Dlux Fab Berger trans. I have a creek in my back yard that will be perfect for some practice but before I install that transmission I need to order a cover for it. Fish's Crawler Parts just designed and started making one. It will certainly help with keeping it clean and help keep it dry. If you wouldn't mind post a link or a couple of pics of the flaps you're talking about. I built those out of desparation because I needed to mount my electronics somewhere but I agree, they won't keep much of the dirt grime and water off my electronics and chassis. But here is what I'm ordering in hopes of getting it installed in time to get it ready for an all weekend Comp next weekend in Maysville KY called Beet the Creek. Its an all weekend event starting friday and ending sunday evening. I need to go with a heavier spring rate up front too. I want soft but its a little too soft. I think obviously due to the springs being designed for a much smaller rig. I'm runnin soft up front and medium in the rear. I'm going to try switching them and see how it performs. But heres a pic of the cover for my other transmission.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Cads View Post
No such thing as overboard!
What weight is she now?
Personally I'd rethink the rock sliders / platforms you built for the Esc and radio box, take the opportunity to incorporate some mud flaps to keep the crud out
Looking mighty impressive though.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:31 AM   #4

I know I'm in need of some major wire maintenance as well. I was just trying to see how it would run if at all and I got some data. Back to the drawing board. The hobby shop loaded a tune on it and it either didn't load or its just not for me. One or the other.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:59 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Plenty of guys here will give advice on the Mamba X settings to get you tuned up nicely.
Look here for the wheel wells and floor to place your electronics, http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax31150

Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote

New SCX10 II Carbonfiberlicious Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 II Kit Build Thread (First Kit Build&First Crawler) KrAwLeRFiNaTiC 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 02-25-2018 09:30 AM
SCX10 II Kit Build Thread (First Kit Build&First Crawler) KrAwLeRFiNaTiC 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 02-20-2018 09:02 PM
1.9 wraith build or scx10 build? Cork Newbie General 13 06-08-2015 08:17 AM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
Pinchflat's SCX10 "WTF am I going to build" Build. PinchFlat Axial SCX-10 99 10-09-2012 12:59 PM