Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Vaterra V100 onroad cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Vaterra V100 onroad cars

Taking a break from rc. Been working so much that I haven't had time to play anyway.
littletoyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #102

Understood. Sounds good, man. Take care .... Enjoyed the V100 chat.
RC4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:55 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Just picked one of these up from a friend in trade for the Maxx wheels, tires, and hexes I had on my Monster WK, gonna let it sit in the garage for a few days then my need to hit it with an air gun before blowing it apart to clean it up further, it's got some dog hair on it and I'm allergic to dander.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4413 View Post
Added another body to the collection. Subaru Impreza WRC 2004 Monte Carlo Rally Edition (HPI).
Beauty, I love the Subies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
I had forgotten about this thread, I'm glad it's still alive! These are cool cars.

I've still got my '69 Vette. I'm having this same problem with tires ballooning. The stock tires were terrible. Caused me to flip a couple times. I've got a Castle 7700kv in it with 24t pinion and of course running on 2s. It does about 30mph at half throttle. It's scary when you go full throttle.

I'm running HPI vintage wheels and tires on it now. They balloon less, but it's still there. I am able to hit full throttle now without the tires hitting on the body so bad, but it's still squirrely as hell. I also caved and went back to AWD.. It was just so uncontrollable, especially once I went with this motor.

Sorry about crappy pic quality. best I could do at the time. has anyone run foam tires on pavement? I assume it would work much better, if they got even decent traction, we're just talking for straight line speed runs.
Nice looking Vette too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/CMaxximus5.0 View Post
has anyone tried to duct tape the inside of the tires to prevent balloning? I don't have one of these yet...but soon!
When we were running Slash 4x4s with Mamba Monster setup on 3s and 4s, we used Gorilla Tape inside the tires (wash, scrub, rinse and dry them really well first) along with some Ofna and Traxxas hard foams mixed together to keep the ballooning within reason lol. Great fun on the outdoor dirt track and a real handful on the road lol!

Also does anybody still make/sell belted on-road tires for 1/10 sedan?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Started tearing into mine on Thursday and got some parts ordered to start modding it. Right now it's all bagged up in it's major sub-assemblies waiting for the time and parts to start building it.

I was happy to see that all but 4 screws on the entire car used a 2mm wrench, made pulling it apart that much easier.........might swap the motor mount and servo saver screws over to button heads so I can use a 2mm wrench on all but the pinion set screw.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

I'm not normally, but I was tearing it apart in the kitchen and wasn't sure when I was going to wrenching on it again, so it seemed like a good idea!

Vaterra V100 onroad cars - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[VIDEO] Vaterra Kemora Kalahari Tamiya XV01 TT01 DF03RA M05RA Rally cars Segar Track boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 02-20-2014 04:46 AM