Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: NC, our section is dead...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #101

Default Re: NC, our section is dead...

Thanks for the invite, but can't do anything today. In the next week or so would be great.
Burntslapup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #102
Pebble Pounder

That's cool I will take some pics
theblackmonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #103

Well no way this can be dead! Just wanted to let people know from the Greensboro area, that quite a few of us are getting into the crawler thing.
memorex402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Default NC, our section is dead...

My wraith is almost back up and running. Dropped a MIP pin outta the DS. I have just a few details to wrap up and then I'm back in the game.

I'm also working on a resurrection of my 1:1 jeep. Hopin to start crawling both soon. Woot!!

Last edited by BadWagon; 07-29-2013 at 09:26 PM.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #105

Greenskeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #106

Im in Charlotte for right now, but in about 3 weeks, I'm moving to Asheville, and I hope to bring the truck. So, you know, if anyone nearby the UNCA campus is down for meeting and/or picking me up, I'm onboard for some driving up there. And if anyone wants to crawl in Charlotte, PM me soon
HenryZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #107
Rock Crawler

Henry, we'll get up before you leave for sure. I'm itching to crawl.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #108

Cool Re: NC, our section is dead...

I'm just getting into this hobby. I bought my grandsons the Ruckus and after doing a lot of research on the sport my reflexes are not quick enough for racing but the technology of the crawlers has me interested. I haven't got a crawler yet but will be going that way in the near future. Would like to see some in action and get a little help along the way as what would be a good beginners crawler and maybe work into competition. I have done a lot of things I'm 73 years young retired from the US Navy and like to tinker and keep active. Love running my grandsons Ruckus's. I live down below High Point.
jpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryZJ View Post
Im in Charlotte for right now, but in about 3 weeks, I'm moving to Asheville, and I hope to bring the truck. So, you know, if anyone nearby the UNCA campus is down for meeting and/or picking me up, I'm onboard for some driving up there. And if anyone wants to crawl in Charlotte, PM me soon

Theres a bunch of crawlers in the Asheville area, we just had an event today, actually. Good people, always going the extra mile to help someone out, and some awesome crawling spots too. Just hit us up when you get into town either on here or AshevilleRC.
Yardracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #110

Hi from Concord NC!!!
Scottd9990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #111

Is there anyone out there?? I can hear crickets chirping!!!
Scottd9990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #112

im moving to nc next month, charlotte, ill be bringing my ax10 along with me, so if you guys don't box up your rigs and shove em in the attic ill be down next month (November) to crawl/scale comp on weekends, looking forward to meeting some new guys that have the same interests I do! you guys will have to show me some spots, keep in touch!
Krawler735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
I've been crawling with the guys down in SC. The NC section is really dead. I've been down to Marcus' (hatefullboy) place quite a few times and it's a blast.

I've got one last round of mods to complete on the Wraith, before I button it up as "complete".... for now. Adding some more power, rock lights and waterproofing.

I'm in Charlotte, and I'd like to have some people to get together with locally. Love going to Marcus' place, but want to see what else is around me. I've cased a few spots that I'm gonna poach here soon.

Anyone in or near south Charlotte, feel free to hit me up.

Cheers,
Burleson
I'm out in Kings Mountain, but will travel to Charlotte to have a little fun with my newly aquired Jeep Rubicon.
JKMICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:38 AM   #114
Rock Crawler

Hey guys I've been slammed at work I'm down to crawl, bug very gotta get my wraith worked out. I'm gonna tear it down tonight and see if I can figure out what's binding. Lol.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #115
Quarry Creeper

I have a few places in Charlotte and gaston county areas to check out still. Winget park is currently my standby place.
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #116

Quote:
My wraith is almost back up and running. Dropped a MIP pin outta the DS. I have just a few details to wrap up and then I'm back in the game.

I'm also working on a resurrection of my 1:1 jeep. Hopin to start crawling both soon. Woot!!

Hey BadWagon,
Got your 1:1 back up and running? I usually take my 1:1 down to the Gulches or URE.
Here is my 1:1

And here is my 1:10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mick
Old 12-13-2013, 05:32 AM   #117
Rock Crawler

Mick, nice looking Jeep! I haven't had a chance to touch my 1:1. I've got 4 boys so this time of year is a little busy. I need to finish cleaning up the 8.8 axle housing so I can paint it, install the locker and reassemble it.

I'm going to tear the wraith down soon as I think my trans is causing the majority of my issues. It just sounds like crap. Always has, since day 1.

I did pick up a new tekin 13.5T for it as I burned out the old old one.

I'm also into vintage Tamiyas and I scored a pair of Supershots, one NIB and one already built, from Marcus. I've put a brushless system in the SS runner, and it's just nuts. Faster than my Fox, with the same system, and the fox is retarded fast.

We need to put a M&G together and go hit some spots in Charlotte. Maybe after Christmas when I get back from Florida.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #118
Rock Crawler

Hey Mick, I just realized (my coffee is kicking in) I met you down at Marcus' place a few weeks ago! I didn't realize you were from Charlotte. Where are you in Charlotte?
Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #119

Default NC, our section is dead...

Quote:
Hey Mick, I just realized (my coffee is kicking in) I met you down at Marcus' place a few weeks ago! I didn't realize you were from Charlotte. Where are you in Charlotte?

Hey BadWagon,
Awesome, I actually live in Kings Mountain but go to Charlotte a lot to visit my daughters.

I've been out of the RC scene for quite some time now. I just got interested again when I started to notice a lot of my 1:1 jeeper buddies started to break out their RC jeeps and Toyota Trucks out on the trails. Went to HobbyTown USA and picked up a Axial 2012 Wrangler Rubicon to mess around with. I think the bug has bitten me again, I just ordered last week the Wraith kit.

My earlier days I used to run:
1:8 scale MBX Mugen Nitro
1:8 scale Vector Nitro
1:10 scale X-Ray
1:10 scale HPI RS4

Mick

Last edited by JKMICK; 12-13-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #120

Sunday's at noon....

There a couple of us meeting each Sunday at noon at Robert L Smith Park off of Little Rock Road. Come on out and have some fun. We've got a little bit of everything, Monster Hill Climb, Rock Crawling and Creek Crossings.

Mick

NC, our section is dead... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do any noobs in the wanted section read the 4 sale section? Unimoger Chit Chat 11 01-24-2006 12:21 PM