Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Outside the US

Notices

Thread: Japan? Especially Kansai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #21

Thanks for the reply defender!

Hey I know that place! thats Tam Tam in kobuchi.. Im just 20 minutes away from that hobby shop, thats where I usually buy Airsoft stuffs and drift RC parts.. Are you somewhere near that place too?
tcv_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

...crawling stock is getting better though...TamTam seems to get the Axial parts in quite often...SpeedwayPal up here in Saitama is doing some bent links in steel for the AX10 too...

...Personally the Enroute Berg looks like a PITA...IMO its overbuilt and it looks like poo...But to each his own...The Tamiya CR01 looks OK but its not on my shopping list...Admittedly i am still in the middle of my build with AX10 tranny and axles but the rest of the parts are essentially all HPI...

...Maybe we should start a group of ex-pat crawlers here in Japan...Maybe register with MonTrucks or whoever...we can be the SushiCrawlers LoL...That way we can start communicating by mail off-site and maybe do some group buys or whatever...I know HeavyMetal just got some stuff in from CKRC (spelling?) and it is going to cost me 30+ USD to ship in an Edge chassis so it might make sense to piggy-back each other when we need to

If anyone thinks this is a good idea then mail me at bithed@hotmail.com and I will start the ball rolling on grouping the members...
BitHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:48 AM   #23

Great ideas Bithead! SUSHICRAWLERS ROCKS!!!

Guys check this out, I made a thread and posted pictures of the April issue of RC WORLD Magazine here in Japan.. It features CRAWLERS!

RC WORLD Magazine Japan (lots of pics)
Old 03-15-2008, 06:18 AM   #24

Default Crawl area discovery

Today was sunny and outside temp was better so we decided to visit the local koen(park) in our area so the kids can have fun in the sun, and guess what I found?

Im yet to buy my very first RC Crawler but surely this is where ill be spending most of my practices..:-P

Sorry for the blurry image, just used my mobiles cam..

Old 03-15-2008, 06:32 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Nice find, I have been scouting around for some good terrain up here now all the snow is melting.

Active Hobby often run crawler events down in Okinawa, most other events are run by Montrucks in Hiroshima! Man i wish Japan had discount airlines :-(

Also I get a lot of parts and sell parts on Yahoo .... sometimes I bite the bullet and order from the USA!

Last edited by genki; 03-15-2008 at 06:39 AM.
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:42 AM   #26

Thanks genki! I can't wait get me a crawler! How I wish they release the WK conversion early april..
Old 03-15-2008, 06:48 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I have both the Wheely king and the AX10, IMHO the AX10 is a better option out of the box! I still love the wheely king though...converted it back to its original state and use it for a basher!
Old 03-15-2008, 07:06 AM   #28

I would really love to have an AX-10 but:

1. Due to budget issues for toys, WK plus conversion is the most that my wife will allow me to buy since I already have tons of Airsoft stuffs and some RC Drift stuffs..:-(

2. Since it will be my first crawler and I still don't know if ill be around this hobby for a long time due to the fact that I'll be playing alone all the time and I don't think ill be able to visit Okinawa or Hiroshima to join events, I think its not wise to throw big amount of money then just stop using it after a while..

But maybe... Who knows..
Old 03-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Too bad you cant crawl in the imperial palace theres crazy awesome spots there. HEHEHE.

That park is on google earth at 35 37'58.51"N 139 44'07.15"E nicely visable from an alt of 70 ft. Those coordinates should put you right on the pond with a rock bridge crossing the center.
Just beware of the GIANT freakin spiders. They are black and have yellow stripes like a bumble bee and they are scary big. I almost ran into ones web.
I have no idea what kind they are though.
The park is like a 5 min walk from shinigawa sta.

If you go take some pics for me bithead.
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv_racing View Post
Thanks for the reply defender!

Hey I know that place! thats Tam Tam in kobuchi.. Im just 20 minutes away from that hobby shop, thats where I usually buy Airsoft stuffs and drift RC parts.. Are you somewhere near that place too?
Yup thats the shop I usually use, either that or Sagami-Dou. I live in Sagamihara maybe about 15mins from there.

That park looks nice where is that?
Defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
Yup thats the shop I usually use, either that or Sagami-Dou. I live in Sagamihara maybe about 15mins from there.

That park looks nice where is that?

Cool! Im from sagamihara too!
Those pics that I took are from kanuma koen, 3mins walk from JR Fuchinobe Station. 2 stations away from sagamihara..

Where is Sagami-Dou located?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

I think I know where that park is. Sagami-dou is more of a privately owned shop so its a little more expensive then TamTam, but the staff is much more helpful there. Kinda hard to explain where it is, but its on Muratomi road in Yokodai near a Matsumoto Kiyoshi Drug Store.

Last edited by Defender; 03-15-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
I think I know where that park is. Sagami-dou is more of a privately owned shop so its a little more expensive then TamTam, but the staff is much more helpful there. Kinda hard to explain where it is, but its on Muratomi road in Yokodai near a Matsumoto Kiyoshi Drug Store.

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll go check it out one of these days..
Old 03-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Again sorry for the thread jack but I noticed some of you guys are having trouble getting crawler stuff over there. It just so happens that I'm having trouble getting rc drift and airsoft stuff here. Perhaps we could work something out?
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:09 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Hi BitHed, sent you an email...there is a good chance it may be in your trash can so let me know if you did get it subject is >>>> Ex-Pat Crawler Part shortages!
Cheers
genki
Old 03-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Speaking of, I went back to Super Rajikon in another quest for blue loctite, turns out that it is available but it's rebranded as "Kyosho Loctite", in a different section of the shop than all the other adhesives (gotta love that), and the staff refer to it as "screw glue," which makes a certain amount of sense even if it did take several of us mumbling around and looking at tire dope for a few minutes to figure out what I needed.

Oh well, the joys of...
LAV25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Default Another parts availability question

I'm using 4mm allthread for my links, covered in some 4mm inside, 6mm outside aluminum tubing from either Tokyu Hands or Kohnan. The problem I'm having is lower shock mounting, the only cable clamps I've been able to find so far were from Kohnan, and they are the flimsiest, flexiest plastic imaginable. They don't break, I'll give them that, but they slip around the tubes (the clamps are 5mm inside diameter, which should reduce the slip) like crazy, even with fuel tubing and zip ties, and on the rare occasions that I get them locked into place, they just fold over and stress the ball within the ballend at the lower of the shocks.

Plus all the US vendors only seem to sell inch based mounting systems, which would leave me having to order aluminum tube from the states to fit the mounts onto, leaves me kind of lost.

Anybody found any good shops that sell stronger cable clamps or something else suitable?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 07:34 AM   #38

I went to Tam Tam Sagamihara today hoping to find lots of crawler stuff, but I guess I was wrong.. Just found 2 AX10 kits(41,000yen each) and some AX10 parts.. They dont even have bead locks..

The only good thing that I saw that made my day is the release date for the Tamiya CR-01 which is April 26..

How about you guys? Anything on your local RC shops? Do they have lots or some crawler parts?

Anyone visited Akihabara lately? Rajicon, Futaba Sangyo, RC-Champ??
Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

The last time I was there they had a TLT crawler conversion kit. It was just a bunch of links and extensions, but it cost a little over 10,000 yen.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Mine's only got the standard two AX-10 kits, got some 40 series proline beadlocks but no real crawler tires to go with them, but I live in the city, nothing but concrete, very few parks even in Osaka and the ones that are there are pretty aggressively flat.