Thread: Japan? Especially Kansai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #41

Tam Tam has posted the price for the cr-01 kit, ¥24,239.. April 26 release..:-P
tcv_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

...TXT is about 26,000 JPY so thats an interesting price...Hopefully the beadlocks will become available reasonably soon, I would rather buy local than import...
BitHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Default Little Bump

Sorry for the bump, but has anyone found a local source for lower link mounts that will work with 6mm outside diameter tubing?

Thanks

-val
LAV25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAV25 View Post
I'm using 4mm allthread for my links, covered in some 4mm inside, 6mm outside aluminum tubing from either Tokyu Hands or Kohnan.

Anybody found any good shops that sell stronger cable clamps or something else suitable?
...Thanks for that Lav gives me an excuse to head into Tokyo Hands...

RE your clamps...If you have a big HARDWARE store near you, (the OTHER LHS) then check out the electrical section where thay have all the antenna stuff for TV's etc...Should be near the light bulb section or thereabouts...Look for where they have all their cables on reels...Should be something in there you can use...TV wiring, antennas, aerials etc...Hope this helps...
Old 03-29-2008, 12:34 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation ラジコン 天国! Rajikon Tengoku Crawler Section!

I was just by my local Rajikon Tengoku (http://www.rajiten.com/) in Yao looking around for some e-clips when I noticed a flash of sickly metallic green out of the corner of my eye. Axial bent links. And a whole lot of other crawler stuff, Axial, Gmade, Junfac, an RC4WD Rockbull 3 chassis kit, a tuber chassis (I forget who by) that looked pretty interesting til I saw they wanted 35,000 yen for it, a bunch of the Montrucks stuff I've heard you Kanto guys mention (hadn't heard of it before here in Kansai, but that could be just me), just tons of stuff. Most interesting to me were the Axial 40 series and 2.2 beadlocks, rock lizard tires, and the forest of different bent links they had.

Anyway, just wanted to share and give a heads up that this seems to be taking off in Japan, which may end some of our international shipping woes (things will just cost twice as much )

-val
Old 03-29-2008, 07:48 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

...i picked up some Speedway Pal bent STEEL AX10 lower links yesterday...my LHS, TamTam Omiya, had Axial beadlock RINGS, WK rims (HPI) but thats about it...A few odd AX10 parts but nothing useful...

...The Tamiya release poster, that comes each month, DID say that the CR01 release was 'slated' for April 26 but there was also a small 'goro' in brackets...For the NON-bilingual amongst that translates to 'about' ;)
Old 04-20-2008, 02:09 AM   #47

Hi guys!

Anyone here who is into Off-road RC racing, Nitro/Electric??

Im sorry I know that this question is in the wrong forum but this is my last resort coz I've been looking around for forums that has a thread for people that are in japan but to no avail..

So if anyone here who is into Off-road rc racing please post a link where I could find buddies here in japan that I can exchange infos and tech tips with..

Thanks so much in advance!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:40 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv_racing View Post
Im sorry I know that this question is in the wrong forum but this is my last resort coz I've been looking around for forums that has a thread for people that are in japan but to no avail..
Don't sweat it, I don't think the mods will begrudge us a little general RC networking here.

I wish I could help you out, I've been looking for the same thing, one of my LHS's has a bunch of Savage stuff, and I occasionally see big nitros waiting in the repair area, but I haven't found any organized offroad stuff here in Kansai. Best bet is to hit the LHS and ask, I got some info on a park where some guys supposedly crawl most Sundays that way.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:47 AM   #49

Thanks for the quick reply LAV25!

Well there is a local dirt race track near my place, but the problem is I can't find other foreigners or Japanese players that speaks english so I can converse with them and exchange infos and tips.. Or even a forum at least..
Old 04-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv_racing View Post
Thanks for the quick reply LAV25!

Well there is a local dirt race track near my place, but the problem is I can't find other foreigners or Japanese players that speaks english so I can converse with them and exchange infos and tips.. Or even a forum at least..
I have a 1/8 nitro and a mini brushless. Where is that track? I've been looking for a different place to run.

Also, TamTam might still have a local offroad club. I've been to one of their gtg's a while back.
Defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:39 PM   #51

Hey Defender!

Nice to hear you got a nitro! what do you drive? Ive been lookin all over for buddies that I can talk about nitro with here in japan coz its kinda hard to look for shops, parts, tracks if you only speak little japanese..

Before it was easy to ask around and learn stuffs in Tam Tam when they still had that english speaking Japanese employee, but now its like if you're a foreigner don't even bother asking..

The race track that I was talking about is inside Sagamiko Picnic Land, they got 3 race tracks there 1 for off-road and 2 for on-road.. Im only 40 minutes away from Sagamiko by train..
Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

I drive an Inferno ST with a O.S. VG 21 in it. Yeah and at TamTam even if you can speak Japanese the staff aren't the most friendly ppl I've met.:-(

How much do you pay all together to get in to Sagamiko Picnic Land? I know they will charge you for everything there entrance, parking, track fee..
Old 04-23-2008, 11:00 PM   #53

Cool! we both drive stadium trucks but mines 1/10 Hpi Firestorm with stock .18 engine..

Where do you usually run your truck? How often do you run? Have you tried competing here in Japan? Just want to ask coz I want to try and join race events but I don't have any idea regarding rules, guidelines, entries, categories, etc... hope you can give some input..

With regards to sagamiko you only have to pay 3000yen for 1 day use and 2000yen half day(12nn-5pm) it already includes entrance fee.. I don't have any idea about the parking fee though coz I only take the train then bus to get there..

Hope we can make a schedule on our free time to meet up and try running together and maybe show me some racing tricks and tips.. Golden week is coming!:-P

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2008, 03:51 AM   #54

Default Hi there!

Just wanted to say HELLO:-P
I'am in Chiba. Living in Japan for three years now, but leaving next month:-(
The Radio-control stores here are soooo dangerous for my pockets. NOOO! It's better to stay at home.

Waiting for my CR01 to come this week, but no time to build it until I am back home in europe....
Rakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

...Rakuda NOW you tell us...Well at least you are reasonably close to the airport
Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Default Polystyrene source in Japan?

Anybody here know a good source for polystyrene sheets here in Japan? I'm finally getting started on my scaler, and the body is going to have to be completely handbuilt. I'm thinking maybe Tokyu Hands, but I haven't had time to go shopping much lately, too busy with the new job, so I figured I'd see if anyone knew offhand.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-18-2008, 05:06 AM   #57

I buy all my polystyrene at Joshin Super Kids Land down in Den Den. They don't have a huge selection or anything, but they have the basics.
There are 2 Super Kids lands almost right next to each other, go to the one on the Namba side of the street. The polystyrene is on the second floor near the cashiers.

LAV, you live in Yao? I live in Nagahara. We're practically neighbors!
Ryutech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:27 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

lol Okinawa, Sasebo, and Misawa..That covers almost the whole north to south of Japan. I'm in Zama though not close to any of those places.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #59
RCC Addict

sucks! is zama close to atsugi?
chino438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Yeah Atsugis not that far. You gonna be heading back there too?