Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Outside the US

Notices

Thread: Japan? Especially Kansai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Japan? Especially Kansai

Anybody else out here in Japan? I know Defender is, but he's yonks away from Osaka.

Drop me a line if you're nearby.

Last edited by LAV25; 01-11-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: subscribing
LAV25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Yes we gotta get this place to appreciate rocks and stop pouring concrete on them!!!!!!!
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default BitHed Checking In

...thanks for the mail Lav i am in Saitama but close enough to Tokyo to stagger home drunk on the last train ;) Ex-Pat Kiwi...

...i own and run E-Savage.com, founding member of Halfeight.com and regular appearences on MiniZracer.com...Also recently started RoboKojo.com...

...HPI JPN has me on their 'short list' for job openings ;) I dont get out of town much, especially where you guys are, but i have an open invitation for a beer and a girlie bar
BitHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:06 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAV25 View Post
Anybody else out here in Japan? I know Defender is, but he's yonks away from Osaka.

Drop me a line if you're nearby.
Toyohashi Aichi...

[sad cat voice/]:and I never went to Osakaaaa[/end sad cat voice]

Toyohashi...
Spider City with a sandclock for Kamon...
Coligny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Not close at all...buried up here in Hokkaido! Plenty of places to crawl but not challenging enough. Time to venture further into the wilderness
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:44 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

...Kansai just started getting warmer TODAY...Genki stay warm brah Keep your batteries in your underwear
Old 02-28-2008, 07:39 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitHed View Post
...but i have an open invitation for a beer and a girlie bar
hehe some of my Japanese co-workers love the girlie bars, but I've never been too any myself..too expensive for me.

Any good rocks up there in Saitama?
Defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

...dood in all honesty i couldnt tell you...Just starting out with the slow stuff Fortunately my mother-in-law is letting me re-arrange the rocks in the garden and lay new grass over Golden Week so that should be interesting...Little does she know

...Girlie Bras...no...Girlie Bars (same thing? ) Its a shame to have to pay for it but its all about the 'tsukiai' with your native seniors eh
Old 03-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

found a new spot today..

there were to more big piles of rocks like this to my back side too.
Name:  rocks.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  87.6 KB
Old 03-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Count me jealous, I live in Osaka city itself, lug my rig to the park to play on the semi-natural stairs. Of course, since I'm running titans and unlocked diffs at the moment (full roaring basher mode), that's a bit of a challenge by itself.

-val
Old 03-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

...i have the BIG Arakawa River (the one that basically runs down the side of Tokyo; not the Sumida which runs THROUGH it) really nearby so hopefully i can find something similar...My school recently redecorated the courtyard too and they were kind enough to put in some knee high planters lined with river rocks Nothing special but will break up the monotony of my spectacularly unspectacular day
Old 03-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Default Blue Loctite in Japan?

Don't want to get in trouble for turning this into a tech-ish thread, but the LHS (スパ ラジコン Super Rajikon) only seems to carry LocTite that is basically CA/Superglue, and after several hours of using nippers, cigarette lighters and finally the wife's nail polish remover I'm wondering if anyone knows a Japanese equivalent product?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

You should be able to get loctite from Homac, I have seen a good range up here!
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

...Tamiya does an alright version...It comes in a tube and is pretty cheap...

'Neji-Dome' (Literal translation is Screw Stopper) is the general Japanese for any Loc-Tite type product...

Ceme-Dine is the other Japanese maker that does glues and epoxies and stuff and they have a couple of different types avaialable...

...he Tamiya stuff dries but is still pliable, ie it doesnt dry HARD; hence it holds really well but is still easy to get off / out...it tends to work better on larger areas as it is slightly stodgy so isnt really suited to smaller screws...The tube comes with a little cap which you MUST put on between uses, even between each SCREW as it tends to flow out when you dont want it to...it will also leak out the nozzle when you arent using it, even with the cap on, so you come to use it after a couple of months and its fused itself to the inside of your drawer

...it is ever so slightly corrosive and COULD eat away a softer plastic than what Tamiya uses in their kits...Hope this helps and YES i am as worried as you are that i can write THIS much about Tamiya thread lock LoL...

...is that Supa-Rajicon in Osaka? Tokyo store (Akihabara) is my haunting ground...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, I'll poke about. BitHed, yeah, there's a Super Rajikon in Osaka one large block off of Nipponbashi (Den Den Town, Osaka's version of Akihabara). The RC shops that are actually in Den Den Town are way the heck overpriced and the staff are pretty much just generic sales critters, friend clued me in to some of the off the main line shops a few years ago.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:46 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

ARGH I hate you guys! I've been to tokyo and super rajicon and it blows away hobby shops here in the states. I spent like $2000.00 there when I visited. It's where I got my highlift before it came out in the states.

Sorry to thread jack.

But a little on topic there was a small park near the new takinawa prince hotel in tokyo I stayed at that had some nice stuff for crawling. When I saw it I wished I had brought my rig. It's also right by shinagawa jr station.
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:46 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

...no problem Elvis...Mate that sounds like a worthy roadtrip; or traintrip as the case may be If i ever get my truck built up I might head into town and see if i can find your spot...Try and fulfill your dream for ya mate
Old 03-14-2008, 03:26 AM   #18

Default Newbie crawler in Japan

Hi to all! Logging-in from Yokohama, Japan..

Im new in this forum and new in the RC crawler scene..

Im planning to start building my own rig, but Im waiting for the Wheely king Crawler Conversion set or the Tamiya CR-01 or the AX-10 RTR release.. What do you guys think? What rigs are you guys crawlin with?

Any events here in Japan? I saw some Japan rock crawling competition videos in youtube but it didn't say where the location was..

Have you guys seen this?
http://www.enroute.co.jp/berg22.php
What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!
tcv_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Hey welcome tcv_racing!

There's only a handfull of us here in Japan (at least on this site), and not very many of us live close by to anyone. I've tried searching Japanese sites to see if there were any info on comps or even get togethers, but no luck. Maybe someone's LHS might have a some info.

I have a scale TLT and a compish TLT which I use the most. Good luck on your builds!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis View Post
ARGH I hate you guys! I've been to tokyo and super rajicon and it blows away hobby shops here in the states. I spent like $2000.00 there when I visited. It's where I got my highlift before it came out in the states.

lol..yes the hobby shops here are awsome HUGE! just too bad not too many know about the crawling scene yet.

Last edited by Defender; 03-14-2008 at 09:02 AM.