Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Western Pa Crawlers - Club Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Good work Razor...it's cool how you lengthened it.

I got some more work done on mine that I'm converting into a topless Bronco, well it will probably have a rag-top:

Sunday I am doing some rock sliders...can't decide on a simple nerf-bar style or a full bumper to bumper style. Any suggestions?

Also thinking of adding somethin to the front bumper...maybe a lower bar that sort of tucks under?
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #82

hey guys i have a diaz chassis on its way that im going to build a scale/comp 2.2 rig at first im going to be running 4 leaf springs on tlt axels wit a pede tranny locked, a xl10 speed control ,a integy 75 turn lathe motor, upgraded traxxas half shafts for drive shafts, mohab 2.2 on narrowed hpi wheels, locked axels, turned down tlt shocks, the new diaz revolver shackles and i need to order that flm aluminem pede case and crawlin coles is making me a set of custom rock sliders and tube bumpers oh and of course itll have a chevy body on it cause im a chevy riden hot boy..........rckcrwler i was wonering if i could do a build on your ab-c forum with pics and stuff would you let me know........i could take pics and write about all parts throughout the build.....................proline needs to make a s10 body
phat crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:09 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat crawler View Post
hey guys i have a diaz chassis on its way that im going to build a scale/comp 2.2 rig at first im going to be running 4 leaf springs on tlt axels wit a pede tranny locked, a xl10 speed control ,a integy 75 turn lathe motor, upgraded traxxas half shafts for drive shafts, mohab 2.2 on narrowed hpi wheels, locked axels, turned down tlt shocks, the new diaz revolver shackles and i need to order that flm aluminem pede case and crawlin coles is making me a set of custom rock sliders and tube bumpers oh and of course itll have a chevy body on it cause im a chevy riden hot boy..........rckcrwler i was wonering if i could do a build on your ab-c forum with pics and stuff would you let me know........i could take pics and write about all parts throughout the build.....................proline needs to make a s10 body
Hmm...sounds like a Quark / Park 400 would be a better setup! I think I know where you can find one...delivered next day priority for free!
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:17 AM   #84

i might have to think about that in a while but the esc and motor are brand new and i would like to get a little use out of them first but i always am upgradeing so maybe......plus i aint a big fan of star wars and those things sound like r2d2 too much...lolhas anyone ever used a gear reduction on a pede tranny? like that gd600 plane gear reducer ..are they any good ? will my truck be so slow it it would be worthless or is it still going to have some speed?......
Old 03-25-2007, 05:22 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i might have to think about that in a while but the esc and motor are brand new and i would like to get a little use out of them first but i always am upgradeing so maybe......plus i aint a big fan of star wars and those things sound like r2d2 too much...lolhas anyone ever used a gear reduction on a pede tranny? like that gd600 plane gear reducer ..are they any good ? will my truck be so slow it it would be worthless or is it still going to have some speed?......

Who are you implying with that R2D2 comment? I run the RC4WD GRU on my TXT and I love it. I had one on my 2.2 before I went to the Star Wars set up.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:47 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Well I wasn't going to post this but everyone else is showing their new rigs so I guess I have to...Here you go SteveStock...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...410#post644410

John
Old 03-25-2007, 06:18 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
.....rckcrwler i was wonering if i could do a build on your ab-c forum with pics and stuff would you let me know........i could take pics and write about all parts throughout the build.....................
Do it my man...I am having problems logging onto AB-C. Working with them to get me back up. :-(
Old 03-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Well I took a trip up to the dam today. It was needless to say slightly under water. lol I did get to play a little.

Didnt have much to play on.

Some action shots.

polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Some more.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Few more.

I'm planning on going back up later this week. I'll get some more pics and see how far the river has dropped.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Let's plan that for the GTG after this Sunday. It looks awesome.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Let's plan that for the GTG after this Sunday. It looks awesome.
Sounds good. There is going to be a lot of debris after the water goes down. I might have to get up there a clean it up before we have a gtg there.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder

that spot looks great for a gtg. not to far from the road and if the water goes down it looks like there will be plenty to crawl on
99chevyZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #94

John , the new truck looks great Will it be ready to crawl sunday ??
STEVESTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVESTOCK View Post
John , the new truck looks great Will it be ready to crawl sunday ??
Don't think it will have a body...but I am going to try...
Old 03-25-2007, 09:34 PM   #96

im not talking down on the setup i jus never liked star wars or star treck or any of that robot fancy space stuff ....lol.......i cant wait for my diaz frame to come........
Old 03-26-2007, 07:58 AM   #97
Pebble Pounder

I found acouple places this weekend
kodiakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:01 AM   #98
Pebble Pounder

Old 03-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #99
Pebble Pounder

First pic place is 0.2 mile off the road on state game lands About a 5-10 minute walk,Second pic is 40 feet off the road on state game lands.their both located in clune pa
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 AM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakman View Post
First pic place is 0.2 mile off the road on state game lands About a 5-10 minute walk,Second pic is 40 feet off the road on state game lands.their both located in clune pa
They look sweet. We will need to wait until the ice melts.

Met with Rcpuller today...bought a Treo off me. Great guy, I think he has the crawler bug and will be joining up with us soon.